202389.png
203124.png

201156.png
201584.png

1626156.png
201565.png

Injury Report

Los Angeles LakersNew York Knicks
Larry Nance Jr. - Bone bruise, left knee (PROB)Lance Thomas - Left orbital fracture (OUT)
Julius Randle - Pneumonia (QUEST)Derrick Rose - Sprained left ankle (PROB)
D?Angelo Russell - Mild MCL sprain, right knee and strained right calf (PROB)Joakim Noah - Sore Left Hamstring (DOUBT)

Game Preview

NEW YORK -- The Los Angeles Lakers will be looking to stop a 13-game road losing streak when they visit the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden on Monday.

The Lakers (17-38) haven't won on the road since knocking off the Philadelphia 76ers 100-89 on Dec. 16. They have allowed at least 100 points in 12 of those games and rank 27th, giving up 110.3 points a night.

On Thursday, the team announced the return of former Lakers great Magic Johnson as an advisor to ownership on all matters of business and basketball.

"Everyone knows my love for the Lakers," said Johnson. "Over the years, I have considered other management opportunities, however my devotion to the game and Los Angeles make the Lakers my first and only choice. I will do everything in my power to help return the Lakers to their rightful place among the elite teams of the NBA."

Johnson has his work cut out for him. Los Angeles hasn't made the playoffs since the 2012-13 season, finishing last in the Pacific Division every year since then.

Los Angeles has lost five straight to the Knicks, including a 118-112 decision at the Staples Center on Dec. 11. The Lakers are coming off a 113-107 setback at Boston on Thursday in which they shot just 39 percent.

Lou Williams hit 8 of 10 free throws en route to his 21st 20-plus point game of the season against the Celtics. D'Angelo Russell scored 20 points, grabbed six rebounds, and dished out six assists. It was the third consecutive game with at least 15 points, six rebounds, and six assists for Russell, the longest stretch of his career.

Los Angeles guard Brandon Ingram is tops among rookies in minutes played (27.7).

New York is struggling, too. They haven't won two straight games since Dec. 20-22 -- a string of 23 games. The Knicks trailed by as many 27 points to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Saturday before bowing 111-104 for their eighth loss in the last 12 outings.

Brandon Jennings, who has started at point guard the previous four games in the absence of Derrick Rose (sprained left ankle), led the Knicks in scoring (23 points) and assists (10) in the loss to Cleveland. It marked the fifth time he topped the team in scoring and 24th time he led in assists -- four more times than Rose.

"I just try to push the pace and try to get easy buckets," Jennings explained. "I feel like we need to play fast. It's just easier for everybody. Just keep shooting when you get an open shot, regardless of who it is."
Another Knick reserve who has filled in capably in recent games is center Willy Hernangomez. Over the last three games, he is averaging 15.7 points, 11.7 rebounds and 3.7 assists over 31 minutes. He leads all rookies in field goal percentage (54.2) and is third in rebounding (5.6).

Hernangomez will see increased playing time on Monday due to Joakim Noah's sore left hamstring that he suffered in the first quarter on Saturday. The Knicks ruled Noah out against the Lakers.

(cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
I think Luke said Randle will start and not Black.

Heat cut Derrick Williams today, I'm sure he'll clear waivers and the Knicks won't be interested in him but he had a decent year with us and could have still been a Knick if he picked up his option.

tiger0330

Legend
I think Luke said Randle will start and not Black.

Heat cut Derrick Williams today, I'm sure he'll clear waivers and the Knicks won't be interested in him but he had a decent year with us and could have still been a Knick if he picked up his option.
Just after I posted this Begley said there is interest on the part of the Knicks to bring him back. We need to cut someone to open up a roster spot and he has to sign for the vet's min.

There was a time this season where first the Lakers and then the Knicks looked like they had turned it around. Now we are a combined 39 - 66.

Kiyaman

Legend
There was a time this season where first the Lakers and then the Knicks looked like they had turned it around. Now we are a combined 39 - 66.

Had me fooled too ....
Who will coach more wins throughout the season between rookie coach Luke Walton? or Jeff Hornacek?

Playa2

Benchwarmer
I'm wondering if the knicks have too many guys who like to party, the superbowl gave them an opportunity to do just that.

They are playing with no energy, on defense especially.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
KP is quickly becoming KPawful. 0-6, really? Rose with 3.... Lee and BJ disappear again. No bench. Yikes. Dumpster fire.

Good! Best thing for this team is a top 5 pick.

Falling behind by 27 points in the 1st half at home against a lottery team. Late run gets the lead back down below 20, but still, we are garbage. Save us Lebron! By your sheer force of will you must make this Melo to Cavs trade happen.

Had me fooled too ....
Who will coach more wins throughout the season between rookie coach Luke Walton? or Jeff Hornacek?

I think Hornacek gets more wins this season because this franchise doesn't even know how to tank properly

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Looks like Jeff has lost the team, Randle and Black were playing volleyball making layups.I think Jeff is at the mercy of Melo lack of defensive energy, not coming back on defense ,not playing aggresively on rotation defense.

Broadway

All Star
I have the flu, casually box score watching. I can see I'm missing nothing. This team makes one want to continuously barf til you pass out. LOL @ the idea of reacquiring Derrick Williams. The mighty Heat go on to win like 10gms in a row without this underachiever's services but ironic enough we're panting to bring him back again

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
KP is quickly becoming KPawful. 0-6, really? Rose with 3.... Lee and BJ disappear again. No bench. Yikes. Dumpster fire.Good! Best thing for this team is a top 5 pick.
Laughable that PJ would trade Melo to build around KP. I swear everything the Zen Master touches turns to crap. Tomorrow my KP dunk sig and Latvian flag avatar come down until he starts putting together a string of dominating games.

Laughable that PJ would trade Melo to build around KP. I swear everything the Zen Master touches turns to crap. Tomorrow my KP dunk sig and Latvian flag avatar come down until he starts putting together a string of dominating games.

He did manage to secure 33 out of a maximum 36 possible fouls over the 6 games prior to this one. That's a hard stat to top

What makes our poor team energy and effort even worse is that 95% of what we are getting is coming from one guy (Jennings)

tiger0330

Legend
What makes our poor team energy and effort even worse is that 95% of what we are getting is coming from one guy (Jennings)
That's true but they need to trade everything that's not nailed down. One year deals like Rose and Jennings, see if you can get some picks back and trade exceptions, I doubt anyone is trading an impact player for guys that become FA's in a couple of months but a guy like Rubio I'd take a shot for. Lavine is out for the season maybe Thibs has a need for Jennings or Rose.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Coach Sicthing said unfortunately you can't coach effort the lack there of.

Who's the Captain of the team ?