203124.png
202696.png

201584.png
203095.png

201565.png
203901.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksOrlando Magic
Joakim Noah - Sore Left Hamstring (OUT)Aaron Gordon - Right quad contusion (QUEST)
Kristaps Porzingis - Sprained left ankle (QUEST)Jodie Meeks - Right thumb repair(OUT)
-C.J. Watson - Sore right Achilles (QUEST)

Game Preview

Carmelo Anthony threw his headband on the floor at Madison Square Garden after missing a wide-open 3-pointer at the buzzer of Monday's 92-91 loss to the Toronto Raptors.

The All-Star forward had just seen DeMar DeRozan beat Derrick Rose with a pull-up jumper despite strong defense to give the Raptors the late lead with one second left. Anthony somehow got free at the top of the key for a wide-open look to win the game and missed.

"I wasn't expecting to be open like that, it happened, I missed it," Anthony told Marc Berman of the New York Post. "I caught it and looked and didn't see anybody right there. I was surprised to be that open. It was a wide-open shot. I made one the other day. I should've made that shot."

The frustration of a difficult season for Anthony and the New York Knicks seemed to boil over. New York had a 17-point lead in the first half only to see the Raptors storm back on their home floor.

New York is now 24-36. The team's playoff aspirations are nearly extinguished. The focus seems to be shifting toward younger players, with New York cutting veteran point guard Brandon Jennings earlier this week.

The Knicks are promising they are not trying to lose and get better draft position. Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek protested such suggestions before Monday's game.

But it is clear New York is beginning to experiment more and plan for a future that may reincorporate the triangle offense the team's president, Phil Jackson, made famous with the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers.

The frustration for the franchise and its star player seems to continue as the team let a golden opportunity to win slip away again.

Their opponent Wednesday, the Orlando Magic, is in the same boat. The Magic, too, have struggled despite playoff aspirations. They are 22-38 entering the game and made a seismic shift, cashing in Serge Ibaka to avoid losing him in free agency this summer.

Orlando has played more energetic basketball since the All-Star break, winning running away 105-86 against the Atlanta Hawks in the team's last game Saturday.

The Magic have put together performances like that before. But they find themselves so far out of the playoff picture largely because they have failed to play consistently. Orlando has not won consecutive games since Dec. 26.

"It has been a while since we had a second straight win," Magic center Bismack Biyombo said after practice Tuesday. "I'm sure it will be a good feeling to have a second straight win. New York has faced some ups and downs like we have. We have to find a way to establish ourselves at the beginning of the game and see if we can sustain that throughout the game."

For Orlando, sustaining that throughout the game would make for a strong step forward for the team. Like New York, Orlando is trying to figure out what it can build from for next year.

Despite both teams' playoff absences in recent years, they both seem determined to make a postseason push again in 2018 -- with the added benefit of the high draft picks they are sure to net in June.

And they both seemed determined to lay that foundation the rest of this season.

(cbssports.com)

Last edited:
Thanks for another great game thread.

KP back tonight, but WHG is out. Going to miss the game live because I work late on Wednesdays, but hoping to catch a replay. Really want to see KP get it going. Also, really interested in seeing the supposed 'triangle auditions'

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the game thread Rady. I can't watch either but this is one of those winnable games playing a team with a worse record. Hornacek I think is still trying to win games but he needs to start playing for the future also, sit DRose allowing minutes for Baker and Randle. Makes no sense to me to be playing him 35+ minutes like the other night when he's not going to be here next year.

paris401

Starter
its a race to the bottom... but neither will catch the nets.... tho I guess for both teams its something to aspire for

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Thanks for the game thread, rady.

Melo is excellent at moving the ball. It just boggles my mind he doesn't do this all season long.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Looks like the tank hit tipped over for one night as the Knicks managed a win. As we all have learned in the past the Knicks can't even tank right.

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like the tank hit tipped over for one night as the Knicks managed a win. As we all have learned in the past the Knicks can't even tank right.
Horn is not tanking playing his starters over 30 minutes. On top of that Lance Thomas looks like he woke up finally playing good D and starting to hit his shot, CLee also did a nice job on TRoss.

What pisses me off is Boston beat the Cavs yesterday but will probably get the number 1 pick this year despite them being one of the top teams in the NBA, who said you have to be bad for years to build through the draft.

tiger0330

Legend
So #kporzee a pretty decent return game?
He was OK, he's still stuck in identity no mans land trying to figure out if he's a big or a 7 ft. PG. Can't complain with his development so far when other guys in his draft class have under performed this year.

Kiyaman

Legend
He was OK, he's still stuck in identity no mans land trying to figure out if he's a big or a 7 ft. PG. Can't complain with his development so far when other guys in his draft class have under performed this year.

I dont know bout KP .. it frighten me to know KP shoot 43% plus rarely add a double-double stat in 33 minute per game .. and KP defensive presence on the perimeter and in the paint .. is not a big-man threat to opponents ..

Knicks beat the 22-39 Orlando Magic .. wow!
Tonight the Knicks face the 22-38 76ers without Embiid .. Okafor will be on display the remainder of the season for the highest trade bidder come offseason .. we should have traded Rose for Okafor on deadline so the 76ers could have race for the 8th seed