203083.png
204001.png

203484.png
201584.png

202704.png
201565.png

Injury Report

Detroit PistonsNew York Knicks
No injuries to reportJoakim Noah - Sore Left Hamstring (OUT)
--
--

Game Preview

The Detroit Pistons fell below the .500 mark in mid-December and have carried around a losing record since that point. They can get back to even with a victory over the New York Knicks on Saturday.

Detroit owned a 14-13 record after a road win against Dallas on Dec. 14. The Pistons proceeded to lose their next five games and eventually dropped as low as six games under .500.

They moved one game under with a home win over Chicago on Monday, then got blown out at Indiana two nights later. They recovered with a stirring 106-101 home victory over Eastern Conference leader Cleveland on Thursday, improving their record to 32-33.

"It wasn't just getting a win and beating Cleveland. It was sort of the way we did it," coach Stan Van Gundy said. "We really, really had to fight in the game. Guys felt good about it and we get another chance, and we've had several, to get to .500 on Saturday."

Making The Palace a tougher place to play has gotten the Pistons back on track. They have won 12 of their last 15 games on their home floor.

Their latest victory was sparked by a 13-0 run to start the fourth quarter, erasing a seven-point deficit. Reggie Jackson scored 12 of his 21 points and handed out all but one of his five assists during the quarter, in which the Pistons outscored the Cavs 33-21.

Van Gundy tweaked his lineup, re-inserting Tobias Harris at power forward and moving Jon Leuer to the bench. That didn't prevent another slow start by his club, which has trailed after the first quarter in seven of eight games since the All-Star break. It fell behind by 15 points late in the first quarter on Thursday.

Van Gundy is unsure what he'll do on Saturday.

"We've been struggling to make a basket early in the game," he said. "I thought maybe that would help us but obviously, it was 27-12, so I wouldn't say that was a brilliant decision. We're going to put out basically the same guys, we've just got to start better."

Detroit and New York have split their first two meetings. The Pistons recorded a 102-89 win at home on Nov. 1 but the Knicks responded 15 nights later with a 105-102 triumph at Madison Square Garden.

The Knicks (26-39) haven't played since Wednesday, when they lost 104-93 at Milwaukee despite a 26-point outing from point guard Derrick Rose. That dropped their road record to 11-22.

Unlike the Pistons, New York has continued on a downward spiral after a 16-13 start.

"Win a game, lose a game, going up, going down. You want some consistency. The losing, you get fed up," forward Carmelo Anthony told the New York Post. "You start thinking about it. It starts weighing on you if you allow it to. It's just the inconsistency of winning a game, losing two."

Anthony's offense has gone south this month. He's averaging 16.5 points in the four games he's played in March, well below his 23.1 norm. Anthony was held to 16 points by the Bucks.

"Derrick saw the way they were guarding me, every time I touched it, they weren't letting me look at the rim, which was expected,'' Anthony told the Post.

On Thursday, team president Phil Jackson gave some pointers to his guards about how to run the triangle offense.

"Nobody installed anything," coach Jeff Hornacek told the New York Daily News. "We showed a couple options. When you play basketball, there are so many things you can do."

(cbssports.com)

Last edited:
Pistons are fighting to hold onto a playoff spot, so they are not going to roll over and let us win this one by accident. Are we going to see lots of Melo and Rose or are we going to get some more from the young guys like Randle? My guess is the former, but I hope I'm wrong

Thanks for another great game thread, Rady

paris401

Starter
****ty game tonite... can it get any ****tier... yes it can... the nets tomm... at least the spurs r playing golden state tonite... oh wait... kerr is resting everyone....

We stink. Down 35 - 23 at the end of the 1st quarter and the only reason we are that close is Randle hit a 40 foot shot at the buzzer.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Knicks trailing by 18 in the first quarter, Randle enters the game makes a couple of threes including one at the buzzer from mid court, the entire dynamics change. 23-35

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiger0330

Legend
Pistons scoring the fewest 1st qtr pts since the ASG, today they put up 35 pts against the haspless Knicks.

Randle showing that 3 pt sniper ability hitting 2 3s his last one a half court shot to beat the buzzer.

Down 13 at the half. Tobias Harris eating us alive in the first half. Randle one of the very few bright spots for us

and1

Rotation player
looks like the tank was indeed filled with premium hi-grade gasoline before the game. hopefully they're replenishing whatever was lost during that 1st half.

tiger0330

Legend
Unbelievable the Knicks are trying to win yet look like they are trying to tank. Jennings knew what he was doing when he decided to bail on this train wreck.

With today's loss, we stay at the 8th worst record in the NBA, but now we're back to a three-way tie for the 6th most losses in the NBA.

We play Brooklyn tomorrow, who it's important to remember is NOT tanking, because one, they don't have their own 1st round pick this season and two, their record is so much worse than anyone else no other team has a chance to catch them in the race to the bottom. So, if we're really tanking then there is no reason Brooklyn can't beat us. That said, I don't think we're tanking, I think we just stink, so we'll probably beat Brooklyn tomorrow.