Game Thread: Celtics@Knicks 4/2/2017 Game 77

tiger0330

Legend
It's on national TV game on ABC. Melo and Rose out, same starting line-up as the Miami game. Whg Kp Baker Sasha and CLee.

Big news DRose out the rest of the season with meniscus tear knee injury. Had a good year but that's going to hurt his contract chances, said signing the guy was like signing Amare.

Rose ends the season as we all would probably have guessed he would, needing knee surgery. If we resign him, we are nuts

tiger0330

Legend
Meniscus tear knee injuries are not career ending injuries but I would think this would be the final straw in a decision not to sign him. What to do with Melo is next, the ABC crew is actively discussing it.

jimkcchief88

All Star
If there is a mod listening we need a thread merge. If someone can give me a reason why Sasha V is playing in the NBA I am all ears:(

tiger0330

Legend
Another guy like Hubie, Mark Jackson saying KP needs to get bigger and stronger and play in the post. Are the Knicks blind? The first day of the post season I send him to the weight room.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Haha KP WHG and Kuz call him Uncle Sasha I guess is enough of a reason to pay him 1yr min deals.

See that's a perfect example of that NBA "white affirmative action" I used to talk about around here. It's not about the $$$. It's about a Euro-bum stealing an opportunity from a more deserving player. And it's not really about color. I've liked Baker since his college days and glad he's a Knick. But Bakes' butt has been glued to the bench since the 1st quarter while "uncle Sasha " goes 1-8 and the Knicks are fortunate to be only down by 13. So Melo is giving way to the young guys, but Sasha gets to play???? SMH:(

tiger0330

Legend
Celts lead 60-47 at the half. Tank is back on, Knicks have a tough remaining schedule with teams playing for something like the Bulls and Celts so we're still in the running for that 4th spot with DRose officially out and perhaps Horn not playing Melo the rest of the way.

Celts lead 60-47 at the half. Tank is back on, Knicks have a tough remaining schedule with teams playing for something like the Bulls and Celts so we're still in the running for that 4th spot with DRose officially out and perhaps Horn not playing Melo the rest of the way.

I don't know, I think Orlando has more or less locked up the 4th worst record. We need Philly to win a game before the finale against us and if we win that tank battle, maybe we'll get 5th worst. I'm guessing 6th worst but then of course, regardless of where we finish record-wise, watch 2 teams jump us again in the lottery like 2 years ago, although that did save us from picking Russell or Okafor

jimkcchief88

All Star
Knicks cutting into the league as "Uncle Sasha" misses a tech ft. Why??? Even Jalen was questioning Sasha's presence in the NBA on the ABC halftime show. Still SMH:(

Watching Porzingis and WHG score in the flow of the offense with good ball movement, you get excited for this team's future. Then you watch the other team come down the court and just score at will against their poor defense and you're like, how are we supposed to win like this?

Kiyaman

Legend
Watching Porzingis and WHG score in the flow of the offense with good ball movement, you get excited for this team's future. Then you watch the other team come down the court and just score at will against their poor defense and you're like, how are we supposed to win like this?

So true .. the Cetricks 2nd unit got a 22 pt lead on the Knicks at the start of the 4th quarter with 10 minute left in the game .. and the Celtricks are building on their lead scoring on 80% of their offensive possessions.
Where is the Knicks DEFENSE !!!

tiger0330

Legend
How many times has Mark Jackson said that was bad defense when the Knicks were defending. Breen pointing out that the team out there now, none of the guys were drafted which tells you the level of talent the Knicks will have to end the year with. At least a couple of these rookies won't be with the team next season, maybe Terrence Jones who got cut by the Bucks or similar players find their way to the Knicks but PJ can't go into the season with this roster.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I had to turn the game off. The Knicks are unwatchable. I could take it if they played hard but they don't. Defense is effort and want to and this team doesn't want to. I hate to say fire another coach but Horn is awful. Triangle or not has nothing to do with the lack of defense. These cats are just cashing paychecks and not giving a **** on games day. I know tank fans are happy, but we could have every pick 1-10 and won't make difference until PJAx/Mills/Horn are gone and this "team" starts caring about winning instead of just making $$$$. Then again that's all the owner cares about is $$$$ so why should the rest care:( SMH

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I don't know, I think Orlando has more or less locked up the 4th worst record. We need Philly to win a game before the finale against us and if we win that tank battle, maybe we'll get 5th worst. I'm guessing 6th worst but then of course, regardless of where we finish record-wise, watch 2 teams jump us again in the lottery like 2 years ago, although that did save us from picking Russell or Okafor
I think you're right, not many games left so Orlando has the edge despite our tougher schedule. Orlando can get beat by anybody so even if they played the Nets for the next 5 they could go 0-5.

tiger0330

Legend
Chants of Lets go Celtics just like the last home game with the Lets go Heats chants. Easy win for the Celts, IT only played 23 minutes.

tiger0330

Legend
I had to turn the game off. The Knicks are unwatchable. I could take it if they played hard but they don't. Defense is effort and want to and this team doesn't want to. I hate to say fire another coach but Horn is awful. Triangle or not has nothing to do with the lack of defense. These cats are just cashing paychecks and not giving a **** on games at. I know tank fans are happy, but we could have every pick 1-10 and won't make difference until PJAx/Mills/Horn are gone and this "team" starts caring about winning instead of just making $$$$. Then again that's all the owner cares about is $$$$ so why should the rest care:( SMH
I'm not impressed with Horn either. Horn is too much a players coach, did you see Stevens pull Brown in the first couple of minutes because he f***ed up, Brown came back to the bench and Stevens gave him a piece of his mind. Brown didn't look happy but coaches have to hold guys accountable.