Noah needs shoulder surgery?

tiger0330

Legend
Hard to believe this is true since he sat the end of the season and when he did play he played limited minutes.

Recovery time is expected to be 4-6 months which puts his return date at around Sept-Nov so he may be back before his suspension ends next season.

After this the Knicks would be crazy to sign DRose to even a short term deal which I've seen suggested.

mafra

Legend
Signing Noah has turned out to be the single worst free agent signing in NYK history. Congrats Phil.

and1

Rotation player
i remember at the start of the season when questioned about signing noah, phil said while interviewing noah that he (noah) had challenged phil to do a pull up from his bicep. phil had said this as a response to questons in regards to noah's health and conditioning at the start of the season, etc. when rebecca harlowe then sat down and interviewed noah and repeated this story to noah, noah was looking at her like 'whaaaaat the hell are you talking about?' in other words, noah had never made that challenge to phil. phil made it up.
phil is a liar, master manipulator, sadistic mind-game player, and ego-maniac who will never admit when he's messed up. he needs to go.

and1

Rotation player
and it's looking like MSG won't even broadcast the Encore of the game tonight, in favor of the rangers' 1st playoff game in its 1st round series. and they probably won't be broadcasting it on the radio either. and you know what? i don't even care.
good! this is exactly what the knicks organization deserves right now: to know that nobody even gives a damn!
if phil is not gone by the start of next season, the clock will be ticking. the days will start counting down to the moment i renounce my status as a knicks fan, a guy who has been a fan since my childhood.

tiger0330

Legend
Hurt his shoulder in Jan but played through it. Makes more sense, the Knicks have few options with Noah, he's untradeable so best option is to see if he can contribute something 1st half of next year and to stretch him if he doesn't.

The Knicks announced Joakim Noah has a right shoulder injury and that team doctors are recommending surgery, but no decision has been made.

The team said in a release that Noah hurt his shoulder in January but he continued to play through it. An MRI confirmed a rotator cuff issue, and a follow-up MRI in April showed no improvement, the Knicks said.

If Noah has the surgery, he likely would be sidelined for several months, although his return hasn’t been determined. Yahoo! Sports “The Vertical” reported Tuesday night that the rehab would be four-to-six months. Noah had season-ending surgery on his left shoulder last January when he was with the Bulls.

Noah’s signing keeps looking worse for Phil Jackson and the Knicks. Nothing has gone right for Noah or the Knicks since Jackson gave the veteran center a four-year, $72 million free-agent contract last summer to be a defensive anchor and leader.

This would be the second surgery Noah will undergo since the end of February when he had his left knee scoped. He also is serving a 20-game suspension for violating the terms of the NBA’s anti-drug policy which will carry into next season.

Noah, 32, tested positive for a banned over-the-counter supplement that he said he had been taking for a while to help him overcome and recovery from injuries.

He has been injury-plagued over the last few seasons. Noah played just 29 games last season with the Bulls when he needed surgery to repair a dislocated left shoulder. He appeared in 46 this season for the Knicks and averaged 5.0 points and 8.7 rebounds. He hasn’t played since Feb. 4.

Noah still has three years, and $55 million remaining on his deal.

He was cleared to play two weeks ago from his knee surgery, and will serve the eighth game of his suspension Wednesday night when the Knicks close out their season against the Sixers. He will be suspended the first 12 games of next season.

Without Noah, the Knicks have come to rely on rookie center Willy Hernangomez, who has impressed with his offensive skills. The Knicks are expected to build around Kristaps Porzingis and Hernagomez.

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by paris401
PJax couldn't be that stupid to sign rose.... please tell me he isn't ....

He did trade for him

The Rose trade was stupid and very very expensive for our salary cap ..
We didn't need Rose, Holiday, or Noah on the Knicks .. we would have had a better chance to be in the playoff race having kept Lopez, Grant, Calderon, and Galloway 2nd season with the Knicks to be in the playoff race battle with Heats, Bulls, and Pacers .. especially when we would've been adding Jennings, Willie, Kuz, and Plumlee.

I like Noah .. but Noah don't like being on the Knicks .. 4 to 6 months out!
Noah is the player we want to take KP & Willie under his wing throughout the offseason WTF !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Noah needs to admit he is not fond of playing this kind of weak NBA basketball where all the players stay on the perimeter shooting 3s, and the center has to do all the defensive work rebounding, screening, plus defend the paint from lazy slow defensive teammates who let opponents drive past them to the basket.
Yeah! Noah accepted the sign and trade for a 4 year contract worth $72M .. Noah would have been a fool not to except the contract.