Mark Jackson: Phil Jackson a "failure" as Knicks president

Kiyaman

Legend
ESPN NBA analyst and former Knicks point guard, Mark Jackson, called Knicks president Phil Jackson a "failure," according to Marc Berman of the NY Post.

Jackson didn't knock Phil's coaching prowess given his 11 championship rings, but he think he is ruining the Knicks, especially regarding the Carmelo Anthony fiasco.

"As a guy running the New York Knicks, he's done a poor job," Jackson said during an ABC conference call to promote the NBA Finals. "Look at the results. He's been a failure. Carmelo is an outstanding basketball player and handled himself remarkably. At the end of the day, he negotiated a no-trade clause, and he's going about it the wrong way forcing him out. [Anthony has] all the power and he's taking full advantage of it."
It is no secret Phil Jackson has his mind set on trading Anthony, who turned 33 Monday.

Fellow NBA Finals analyst, Jeff Van Gundy, thinks Anthony and the Knicks are better off without No. 7 next season.

"I don't know if it's trying to make it uncomfortable, so he's more willing to accept a trade," Van Gundy said about Phil Jackson's comments on Anthony. "Certainly Phil has laid out his vision. It would be better for Carmelo and the Knicks [if] he's not there next year...I'm really interested to see if he wants to be someplace that doesn't want him and if he wants a more willing, accepting environment to finish his career."
Last season, Phil Jackson reached out to the Celtics, Cavaliers, and Clippers to gauge trade interest for Anthony.

Kiyaman

Legend
Mark Jackson as coach/GM are the only person I know that could make the Knicks a winning Playoff team.

Phil Jackson has done EVERY THING i expect owner Dolan to do the past 3 seasons .. PUPPET!!!

paris401

Starter
Phil Jackson has done EVERY THING i expect owner Dolan to do the past 3 seasons .. PUPPET!!!

you guys are screaming when dolan is running the team... he appoints Phil and steps away (I believe he has stepped away), now phil is dolan's puppet... if philjax is a puppet, why wont markjax be one toooo??

Kiyaman

Legend
you guys are screaming when dolan is running the team... he appoints Phil and steps away (I believe he has stepped away), now phil is dolan's puppet... if philjax is a puppet, why wont markjax be one toooo??

Players like Mark Jackson, Oakley, Starks, and Ewing all remember the reason why coach Pat Riley quit the Knicks after taking the Knicks to the FINALS. Plus the reason why coach JVG quit the Knicks.

Some Knicks fans may believe Phil Jackson been running the show, but the Tyson trade and the resigning of Melo for $124M with a NTC says Dolan Dolan Dolan written all over it.
There are so many Knicks decision and transaction the past 3 seasons that smells of Dolan's doing it stinks just the same as our past decade of decision/transaction.

There's a reason why a few of Phil Jackson's ex-players n ex-coaches has been commenting on Phil's poor service toward the Knicks.

and1

Rotation player
i am not getting the sense that phil is dolan's puppet at all. i am getting the same sense that i've had for a long time now. there is something just inherently suspect about this organization in general, and it's been that way since long before melo ever got here, basically since ewing got traded. and i don't believe in 'curses', not in the typical sense anyway. i believe that personnel and staff create the 'curses'. dolan also owns the rangers, and the rangers have been consistently relevant for several seasons now. it is not the same personnel that has been running both teams. look behind the scenes. look at the faces and the names that we don't see in the headlines, the faces we don't see on camera on a regular basis. i'm pretty confident that the REAL problem lies there somewhere.