Marshall Plumlee

nixon7

Benchwarmer
So even though I was not against the re-signing of Tim Hardaway, one of the casualties was Marshall Plumlee, who I also like.

I am confused, because I recently saw he may re-sign with the Knicks, which would make me happy. However, I thought that once the Knicks waived him, they could not re-sign him for a year. Is this no longer a rule? Is there some loophole I was not aware of? Am I just totally incorrect?

Help me NBA cognecenti!!!

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks can re-sign him. He's a FA that can be resigned by them since clearing waivers. The 1 year rule you are talking about is for a traded player the receiving team waives, that player can not join his original team for 1 year.

I remember Josh Harrelson was a guy they mentioned they wanted to bring back but couldn't because of the rule.

Last edited:
Wow, good Josh Harrelson callback. I haven't thought about him in some time.

As far as Plumlee, he's a big body you can bring off the bench to be a big body, so that gives him NBA value. If we can get him for cheap, sure, why not?

tiger0330

Legend
Wow, good Josh Harrelson callback. I haven't thought about him in some time.

As far as Plumlee, he's a big body you can bring off the bench to be a big body, so that gives him NBA value. If we can get him for cheap, sure, why not?
Jorts could shoot the 3 better than Plumlee, not sure where he's even playing now.

I remember him because he got waived again before the year lockup expired and the Knicks still couldn't sign him. Made me think they ought to change that rule to 1 year or being waived again whichever came first.