[KO.com] How Good/Bad was this Offseason?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
How Good/Bad was this Offseason?
By Conor Geelan

This past off season was a historic one, shaking the NBA to its very core, with superstars swapping cities every few weeks. Many teams’ futures changed, for better or worse, with of 8 of last years All Stars putting on different jerseys this year. And with one of those stars being Knicks own Carmelo Anthony, the Knicks in this crazy offseason did not get much better– they got worse.

This may sound weird, because the Knicks did have a bunch of new personnel added to the roster, and yes, they did much better than they could have, however it is fair to say the talent is lacking, and they haven’t changed how their team will end up at the end of the 2017-2018 season.

Full story

Another great column by our contributor, Conor! :D
And as a reminder, anyone can contribute with a piece like this, as i promised there's also a small reward for your effort, so pm me!

Great write-up, Conor.

A few games into the season, the part of our offseason that has me most excited is acquiring Enes Kanter. In 3 games, he is averaging 14 ppg on 61% FG shooting and 12 rbg in barely 25 minutes of playing time per game. His defense, while not good, isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I think it's easy to forget that Kanter is 25-years-old, only 2 years older than WHG. If WHG can't become the superior defensive player, which right now he is not, I don't see WHG unseating Kanter in the starting lineup.

mafra

Legend
I think getting McDermott and Kanter and what's probably the 31st pick for Melo is a pretty good deal.

Already.... Kanter is a better offensive player for this team than Melo.... and to get Dougie Fresh for our bench and what should be a quality young player.... not bad.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
We got rid of Melo for good pieces that are shaping the character of this team. Now if we can somehow do the same with Noah

Kiyaman

Legend
We got rid of Ball-Hoggin Iso-Melo no-defense, nor ball-movement!

We added 2 future star guards Frank n Dotson to the roster !!!

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Doug Mcdermott - 25 Years Old
7.9 pts, 2.7 rebs, 1.2 asts

Enes Kanter - 25 Years Old
13.9 pts, 10.2 rebs

VS.

Carmelo Anthony - 33 Years Old
20.1 pts, 6.1 rebs

I'm just gonna leave this right here for your viewing pleasure :smokin:

Last edited: