David Lee Has Retired

We drafted him, watched him become a solid player, and then dumped him like yesterday?s garbage to make salary cap room for a free agent we were never going to get. Great career, David Lee.

tiger0330

Legend
I just saw an article that mentioned 5 guys that could help the struggling Thunder, Lee was the top pick on the list. The second guy was Derrick Williams, unlike Lee he's only 26, yet he's unsigned.

Lee had a nice career and made the most of it for a guy with limited athletic ability.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I wonder if he'll come out of retirement if he settles down with his marriage. Was an All-Star and won a ring. Had a nice career.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
We drafted him, watched him become a solid player, and then dumped him like yesterday’s garbage to make salary cap room for a free agent we were never going to get. Great career, David Lee.

He was a solid player but a liability on defense. He wanted around 15 million at the time and that was too much for us.

I did appreciate his game tho, cuz he was the only bright spot in those horrible years we had.

Kiyaman

Legend
... Lee had a nice career and made the most of it for a guy with limited athletic ability.

David Lee were a ambidextrous double-double hustler that scored consistently off of broken plays, plus Lee being the teams top gym-rat u would always find practicing with teammates .. David Lee was our hard workaholic rookie who improved his skills each season.
.. Frye Lee Ariza and Lil Nate ..

Mark Jackson build a championship team in GS having David Lee as a starter!

tiger0330

Legend
umm he actually had great athletic ability lol

Won dunk contest in High School
Wow White Men Can Jump. lol

I never pictured him as all that athletic, his draft report said he had a 32" vertical which isn't elite, though that same report said that his athleticism was a strong point.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
There was a short video that came out in his rookie year with some kids and some dudes that kept whispering and shouting "lee, lee, lee" but i can't find it anymore.. does anyone remember that?

jimkcchief88

All Star
One the finest to come out of St Louis Chaminade High; I always thought we should have kept D Lee instead of going after STAT oh well 😔 I remember some monster 30/30 games Lee had as a Knick he will be missed his energy was always awesome but the PF position has changed in the NBA less post more perimeter