Knicks Fire Hornacek

Broadway

All Star
Well Tig that didn't take long, they wouldn't even wait until exit interview day

I'm okay with brining in a guy like Jackson and if so, we're probably getting a guard in the draft

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
That was FAST!!!!, i guess it is better to give the other coach time to properly work with the team.......

tiger0330

Legend
Well Tig that didn't take long, they wouldn't even wait until exit interview day

I'm okay with brining in a guy like Jackson and if so, we're probably getting a guard in the draft
Mills and Perry were in CLE. They had their minds made up delivering him the message personally when he was on the road. Foregone conclusion them dumping Hornacek, not sure Mark Jax is the same foregone conclusion to be the new Knicks coach. It'll be Perry's decision not Mills and I don't believe MJ was in his circle of friends. Should be interesting who the new coach will be but I mentioned Jay Wright of Villanova as a guy they should talk to.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Not sorry Horn is gone; I?m also hearing David Fizdale which makes sense if he and Perry were together in CLE. I hope that means Rambis is gone as well because I?m to sick of seeing him. The stench of Pjax is lifting...

tiger0330

Legend
Not sorry Horn is gone; I’m also hearing David Fizdale which makes sense if he and Perry were together in CLE. I hope that means Rambis is gone as well because I’m to sick of seeing him. The stench of Pjax is lifting...
They let Rambis go along with Hornacek, no word on the other assistants so the new coach will probably have the last word on them.

Looks like Perry has had relationships with Kidd, Jerry Stackhouse and Adrian Griffin among the candidates I saw mentioned but not Fizdale.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Mills and Perry were in CLE. They had their minds made up delivering him the message personally when he was on the road. Foregone conclusion them dumping Hornacek, not sure Mark Jax is the same foregone conclusion to be the new Knicks coach. It'll be Perry's decision not Mills and I don't believe MJ was in his circle of friends. Should be interesting who the new coach will be but I mentioned Jay Wright of Villanova as a guy they should talk to.
Daily News are reporting Knicks are interested in Jay Wright of Villanova for the same reason I said that he would be a good fit for a young developing team. It's a long shot, he's making 2.4M as the Villanova coach, Knicks would have to pay him a kings ransom to leave Villanova for the uncertainty of the Knicks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ova-jay-wright-coaching-job-article-1.3929914

Broadway

All Star

You have, more than once and I've mentioned emulating what Ainge did in hiring Stevens(COY?). I think the numbskulls are listening

Kiyaman

Legend
The clueless Knicks coaching-staff are FIRED !!!

They let Rambis go along with Hornacek, no word on the other assistants so the new coach will probably have the last word on them.

Looks like Perry has had relationships with Kidd, Jerry Stackhouse and Adrian Griffin among the candidates I saw mentioned but not Fizdale.

We may be a year late on the FIRING of Horn and Rambis after the 31 win season in 2016-17 ....

The Knicks cut ties with head coach Jeff Hornacek and Kurt Rambis early Thursday morning shortly after the team's win in its regular-season finale over the Cavaliers.
After the firings were announced, team president Steve Mills and GM Scott Perry released a joint statement as the Knicks embarks on another search for a new coach.
On Hornacek:
"Jeff is a true professional who has worked tirelessly for this organization the last two years. We sincerely appreciate the efforts and considerable contributions to the team and wish him well in his future endeavors."
Knicks fire Jeff Hornacek after two disappointing seasons
On Rambis:
Jeff Hornacek (right) and Kurt Rambis were both fired by the Knicks following their regular-season finale.
Jeff Hornacek (right) and Kurt Rambis were both fired by the Knicks following their regular-season finale.
"Kurt has been a big part of the Knicks over these last four seasons, as both an associate head coach and interim head coach. We thank him for his dedication to New York and wish him the best moving forward."
Before Wednesday's game, Hornacek made a pitch to return for the final year of his three-year contract, expressing belief that the foundation he helped build will soon "blossom."
Knicks brass evidently did not agree, as Hornacek, who was hired by Mills and Phil Jackson in the summer of 2016, helmed the team to his second straight disappointing season.

I complained all season bout our poor-poor clueless coaching-staff !!!

mafra

Legend
Timmy not far off here... what coach can succeed with Dolan?s insane media policies and the stench of the strict paranoia cloud that looms large over Knicks, coinciding with the maniacal self-preservation mode front office peeps, like Mills, who probably undermine the HC?s authority/vision/standing every step of the way.

Horn was ok... decent but nothing special. Still, we could do worse... The roster is the reason for the losing lately.... And, how many coaches will come and go while Mills sits upstairs?

Anyway, it was obvious the moment PJax was canned that Horn was a dead man walking. Phil fired Woodson, and Mike accomplished more than Horn.

I think Jay Wright would be great. We could draft Bridges and boom. Just like the Brad Stephens hire.

I think Blatt could be a fallback, along with Fizdale and MJax.

I wonder if Pitino will be a target? I hope not.

mafra

Legend
Uh oh...

NY Daily News:

Knicks intrigued about Craig Robinson.

?Robinson is another longshot Knicks candidate, according to a team source. The former Oregon State head coach ? and brother of former First Lady Michelle Obama ? currently serves as the Knicks? VP of player and organization development.?

Kiyaman

Legend

One of the many big mistakes of Hornacek were making a inconsistent scorer Tim Hardaway Jr a 30 minute starter!
Tim Hardaway Jr are best compared to NO-Defense Jamal Crawful = 20 minute bench player!
The Dolan Knicks were a fool for signing Tim Hardaway Jr !!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Daily News are reporting Knicks are interested in Jay Wright of Villanova for the same reason I said that he would be a good fit for a young developing team. It's a long shot, he's making 2.4M as the Villanova coach, Knicks would have to pay him a kings ransom to leave Villanova for the uncertainty of the Knicks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ova-jay-wright-coaching-job-article-1.3929914

No way if I am Jay Wright am even entertaining taking the worst job in the NBA. Villanova is a blue blood NCAA program. 2 titles in 3 years, not under NCAA/FBI investigation, and Villinova recruits actually stay 3-4 years, not 1 done. Jay Wright can coach Villinova until he retires.

tiger0330

Legend
Interesting, he should be in our mix to be honest

I thought Coach Bud was safe in ATL since they stripped him of all their players. My guess is it's his decision to move on, with the Suns further ahead in the rebuilding process than the Hawks, he also relinquished the President title last year.

I'd look at anyone from the Spurs and Pops coaching tree.