1626209.png
202710.png

203943.png
201163.png

202683.png
203954.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksPhiladelphia 76ers
Lance Thomas - Left knee surgery (OUT)Jonah Bolden - Cortical crack, right fibula (OUT)
Courtney Lee - Extended neck pain (OUT)Markelle Fultz - Shoulder consultation (OUT)
Kristaps Porzingis - Left knee (OUT)Shake Milton - G League Team- Two-Way (OUT)
Luke Kornet - G League assignment (OUT)Justin Patton - Right foot surgery (OUT)
-Zhaire Smith - Jones fracture, left foot (OUT)

Game Preview

Coming off their second game-winner in seven days -- and the second to come off the fingertips of star midseason acquisition and four-time all-star Jimmy Butler- the Philadelphia 76ers might have an easier go of it on Wednesday night at Wells Fargo Center when the New York Knicks come to town.

The Knicks fell to 7-15 on the season -- and 4-9 away from Madison Square Garden -- on Tuesday night with a 115-108 loss at Detroit, and now they have to turn around and head to play one of the league's best triumvirates.

Only right about now, it feels like Jimmy's world.

Butler had 34 points, including a 3-pointer with .4 seconds left, to lift the 76ers to a 127-125 win at Brooklyn on Sunday. Seven days prior, he hit a game-winning 3-pointer with zero seconds left in overtime to defeat the Charlotte Hornets.

"Another play drawn up by coach," Butler said. "My teammates have lot of confidence in me to take shots late, hopefully I make shots late as well. But I mean, I got to the spot that I wanted to get to, raised up and knocked it down."

His coach, Brett Brown, was more impressed by Butler's hustle on the previous play, when he dived for a loose ball to secure the final possession.

"The TVs are going to replay his shot; I hope they go a few seconds earlier and see him dive on the floor and secure a jump ball," head coach Brett Brown said after the game. "Similar to the play he made in Charlotte where he saved it over his head and then came back and made the shot, there's another connection to this shot that he makes at the end of the game to win it for us.

"He was massive going down the stretch in the fourth quarter."

The Knicks are coming off a game in which they exploded for 38 fourth-quarter points themselves, but an early deficit proved too difficult to overcome against the surprising Pistons, who improved to 11-7 on the year.

New York (7-15) fell behind 51-43 at the half and even rookie guard Allonzo Trier's team-high 24 points was not enough as his fellow Arizona Wildcat alum Stanley Johnson had 21 points off the bench to complement Blake Griffin's 30 points in the seven-point loss.

The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for the Knicks, the team's first sustained success of the season.

"You just try not to get seduced by our success," Fizdale told reporters at the team's morning shootaround. "I don't want our team to focus as much on the end result as much as what we did to get it. I know it's corny but my cliche is chop the tree. We're not paying attention to when the tree falls."

Philadelphia is looking to get back on a streak after a shocking 121-112 home loss to Cleveland on Friday, snapping a 10-game home winning streak to start the season.

Sunday's loss should help in the confidence department: The 76ers came back from a 20-point deficit as Butler took charge.

"I think it was being desperate, playing desperate," Philadelphia's Ben Simmons said after the win. "We needed that win. Obviously coming off a loss to the Cavaliers wasn't something we wanted. So coming into Brooklyn you know, we already had a loss here at the start of the season so we wanted to come here and make sure we got the job done."

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .... The Philly 76er's beat us badly in every game last season, coach Horn didn't have a clue or answer for any of the Knicks losses to the 76er's last season.
I feel the Butler trade may have weaken the 76er game rotation .. I don't think the 76er's rotation is weak to the point of losing tonight game against our rookie coach Fizdale's isolation-offense and his weak man to man coaching defense.

I'm hoping tonight we start playing Team-Ball on both sides of the court .. more ball-movement and players moving without the ball.
I would also like to see some form of a lock down defense .. inside on Embiid and outside on Reddick.

Trying to watch the game on MSG Go on my phone as my TV is otherwise occupied.

This starting 5 of Mudiay, THJ, Hezonja, Vonleh, and Kanter can certainly score. Hezonja with a quick 8 points early in the 1st quarter. But man, this starting 5 lets the other team score at will. Sixers on pace for like 40+ points in the 1st quarter.

tiger0330

Legend
Mario 10 pts in first 6 mins on top of playing good D. Fiz is patient, if it was me there would be no way he would be starting for me.

tiger0330

Legend
That's the luxury when you have a team of young players with no expectations for the team. Nobody goes to the GLeague because you're getting rusty getting no playing time because you're trying to make the playoffs. Fiz will not send KK to Westchester.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Another 40 point quarter given up by the Knicks. Sixers shooting 70%. Smh. I must be bad luck because the Knicks always look like crap when I have the opportunity to watch.

tiger0330

Legend
Sixers killing the Knicks 41-27 after one. Redick a perfect 6-6 with 14 pts, one of the best guys to move w/o the ball in the league but has only been able to sign one year deals with the Sixers.

Still no defense. Our offense consists of either 1 or zero passes on most possessions. We are severely overmatched so far tonight.

Broadway

All Star
Outside of Trier our 2nd unit is so trash, so much for those Def Net Rating stats attributed to Knits...he?s friggen rotten

I?d say start him alongside Mudiay as a last resort spark...otherwise to the bench or D-League he goes.

tiger0330

Legend
Cavs trading KK to the Jazz, I'd expect that to happen to CLee but the Knicks are going to have to showcase him and it won't be easy to trade that 2 yrs/24M left on his contract.

We trail 68 - 48 at the half. Not a lot to like here. This team looks out of steam after all these road games against good teams.

tiger0330

Legend
Breen talking about that trust the process rebuilding the Sixers did and how many losing seasons they went through with Brown. I hope this is not the first year of that with Fiz instead of Brown.

Sixers up 20 68-48 halftime.

mafra

Legend
Hey, Knox and Knits have double the amount of scoring production tonight (2) as they did last night (1).

mafra

Legend
Breen talking about that trust the process rebuilding the Sixers did and how many losing seasons they went through with Brown. I hope this is not the first year of that with Fiz instead of Brown.

Trust the process? They drafted Okafor and Fultz over KP and Tatum. F their Process. Philly won?t win a title with this group... so... who cares?

The Process was a hell of a thing. The Sixers hit, after a wait, with Simmons #1 overall in 2016 and Embiid at #3 overall in 2014. But they whiffed with Fultz at #1 overall last year, Okafor at #3 overall in 2015, Elfrid Payton at #10 also in 2015, Noel in 2013 (drafted at #6 by Pelicans and then traded to Sixers for a 1st rounder and Jrue Holiday), and MCW at #11 in 2013. They also whiffed in 2010 with Evan Turner at #2 overall. That?s a buttload of lottery picks to get to this point.

jimkcchief88

All Star
More of the same to start the 3rd. Mario is worthless. Doesn’t even draw iron on a reverse layup, gets taken to the cup by JJ, then shoots a doorknob 3 at the other end:(

Broadway

All Star
Trust the process? They drafted Okafor and Fultz over KP and Tatum. F their Process. Philly won?t win a title with this group... so... who cares?

To be fair if Perry drafted Embiid/Simmons along with Saric/Covington and 2 of them netted a Top 15-10 player we?d be singing his praises no matter the misses