202711.png
1628995.png

201152.png
203943.png

1626167.png
1628436.png

Injury Report

Indiana PacersNew York Knicks
Myles Turner - Sore left shoulder (QUEST)Mitchell Robinson - Sprained left ankle (TBD)
-Kristaps Porzingis - Left knee (OUT)
-Frank Ntilikina - Sprained left ankle (TBD)
--

Game Preview

The Indiana Pacers are feeling the absence of center Myles Turner in the low post as opponents have been constantly getting to the rim in the past three games.

Turner has been ruled out again (sore right shoulder) for Friday's visit to the New York Knicks. The Pacers are hoping to solve some recent defensive issues despite his absence at center in the finale of their season-high five-game road trip.

Turner was already dealing with a broken nose and wearing a facemask after getting hit by Atlanta's John Collins on Dec. 31. He played 26 minutes last Friday when the Pacers opened the trip with a 119-116 overtime win at Chicago on Victor Oladipo's game-winning 3-pointer.

In the past three games without Turner's rim protection, Indiana allowed an average of 123.7 points as opponents shot 54.2 percent (131 of 276), including 62.7 percent (64 of 102) on shots as close as 5 feet from the rim. The Pacers gave up 136 points in the paint in this stretch.

"It just looked like we were gassed tonight," Indiana coach Nate McMillan said after a 135-108 loss at Boston on Wednesday. "We didn't win a quarter. We knew they would come out fast and they did. We weren't able to establish anything defensively against the group.

"We know we are better than that. Of course, we're missing the anchor of our defense, but we've just got to continue to work."

Domantas Sabonis, who has started the past three games, will likely start at center again.

While the Pacers split the first two games of Turner's absence, they turned in their worst performance against Boston. The Pacers allowed a season-high 56.8 percent shooting, trailed by 31 and gave up their most points in a regulation game since a 140-112 loss at Denver on Jan. 12, 2017.

Indiana's defense has been suspect throughout this trip, although the Pacers head to New York with 14 wins in their last 18 games and the third-best record in the Eastern Conference. The Pacers (27-14) have allowed at least 115 points in a season-high four consecutive games.

"Teams are just picking us apart with the defense we're playing," Indiana forward Thaddeus Young said. "I think the last three or four games in the second half we've been giving up 30-point-plus quarters. That has to stop."

New York (10-31) is returning from a 1-5 road trip that ended with Tuesday's 122-95 loss at Golden State.

"I feel like everybody understands we're building something here, but we're all competitors and want to fight, so losing sucks," said New York guard Tim Hardaway Jr. "It's a (lousy) feeling. You have to take it on the chin and live with the results and try not to let it happen."

New York is 2-15 in its last 17 games since a 136-134 overtime win at home over Milwaukee on Dec. 1. The Knicks also are on a six-game home losing streak. Friday's game starts a stretch in which they play 15 of their next 21 at home.

"We got a long ways to go," Knicks coach David Fizdale said.

"We got to learn how to play complete games. Hopefully, over the second half, I expect us to continue to get better. I expect the young guys to be a little more familiar and, hopefully, we can get more trust between us. We go through waves of trust offensively. I expect to keep improving."

Rookie forward Kevin Knox, who scored 12 points Tuesday, will be in the starting lineup again Friday. Luke Kornet was the starting center for each game on the trip after supplanting Enes Kanter, who was not at practice Thursday due to an illness.

Indiana is 12-1 in its last 13 meetings with the Knicks. Sabonis scored 30 points on 12-of-12 shooting in a 107-101 win in New York on Oct. 31. Oladipo scored 26 points in a 110-99 home win on Dec. 16.

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .... I dont understand Knicks bigmen shooting 3's in the first half of the game .. why aren't the Knicks big men scoring in the paint to draw their opponents into early foul trouble ???

tiger0330

Legend
13-3 run has the Knicks back in it 43-38 after a Vonleh 3. Vonleh shooting 40% from distance this year and drawing interest from other teams according to reports.

tiger0330

Legend
Back to back 3s by Dip 10 straight by the Pacers has them up by 10. Bogie gets by Kornet for a dunk for a 12 pt lead to end the half. That's the kids Achilles's heel, slow feet and can he defend well enough to stay on the floor.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .... I dont understand Knicks bigmen shooting 3's in the first half of the game .. why aren't the Knicks big men scoring in the paint to draw their opponents into early foul trouble ???
Kiya this isn't the 90's, the NBA isn't going back in time. BLopez has made over 100 3s this year.

tiger0330

Legend
96-82 Pacers after 3. This undermanned Knicks team seems over matched by the Pacers. Can't ever say never but I don't see a come back by the boys.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Right go LT! Remember way back when Knicks-Pacers meant something? Knicks get schooled again in the 3rd. Get FIZ some talent but bad starts and bad 3rd quarters means you as a coach are being outcoached. Talent wins in the end, but those 30 point first quarters we give up makes me question coaching. And getting whooped in the 3rd means again you were outcoached in the locker room. Oh well, at least pinch these Pacers down the stretch Knicks. This particular game still means something to some of us fans even if the players and coaches who sport the unis and get handsomely paid are just drawing a paycheck#Knickstank

jimkcchief88

All Star
Kiya this isn't the 90's, the NBA isn't going back in time. BLopez has made over 100 3s this year.

But I get you Kiya. When I see these 7 footers heave up 30 foot bricks, but can?t be bothered to grab a rebound or block a shot or do anything in the painted area I want to rip my hair out. It?s lazy, losing basketball:(

tiger0330

Legend
52 Pacer pts in the paint. No Kanter or MRob or interior D was a real problem tonight. Quinn having a pretty good night for them and looking at the playing time for our vets changes my mind that he made a bad decision to opt out for only $200K.

tiger0330

Legend
Timmy just pulled a hammy. He's not coming back tonight and he's tough but he may be out for awhile from the looks of it.

Broadway

All Star
52 Pacer pts in the paint. No Kanter or MRob or interior D was a real problem tonight. Quinn having a pretty good night for them and looking at the playing time for our vets changes my mind that he made a bad decision to opt out for only $200K.

They DNPd him probably more than he expcted but if he can get some PT during the playoffs it was by and large the better decision. If winning is the bottomline that is. Sabonis/Turner/Young are better options for them to use.

Broadway

All Star
Kevin Knox still doesn't play hard enough to me, it's disappointing to see young players with low motors. He only wants to chuck 3s or shoot floaters