Porzingis/Tim Jr/CLEE/Kanter Appreciation Thread

jimkcchief88

All Star
Surprised no has started a thread for any of the departed players. Kind of shows how little we feel for this team and these players. I appreciate I was able to buy a nice Knicks Nike Dri-fit City T-shirt cheap. I had the choice of the Zinger and TimJr. I chose the Zinger. Like was eloquent stared here on KO.com: Timjr is the biggest Zero-Sum player in the league. I don?t know who to credit for that but that pretty much summed up Timmy?s second tour with the Knicks. A lot of meaningless points in losses, but at least Timjr was a professional. I hope Kanter lands on his feet. He really seemed to enjoy playing in NYC. Maybe the Nets should take a look. I hope CLEE finds a great barber in Dallas. Good thing everything?s bigger in Texas, because CLEE?s fro is so tight it will take clippers made by Catepillar to cut thru it on Chief🤣🤣🤣

Of all the guys we lost, maybe Trey Burke was the guy that I liked the most. Fought his way back from lottery draft bust to NBA rotation player.

tiger0330

Legend
The salary dump was a great move along with sending the Zinger packing. Can?t wait to add Frank to this list:) as that would completely purge the mess Fail-Jackson left.
Mills was part of PJ mess. He sent his first big FA signing THJ packing along with Porzingis and Ron Baker who was worth no more than a rookie min salary he gives 9M. We may have a worse record than the worst one PJ had this season. Jury is still out on Fizdale. I would have shown Mills out the door the same day they did Phil.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
The salary dump was a great move along with sending the Zinger packing. Can?t wait to add Frank to this list:) as that would completely purge the mess Fail-Jackson left.

The only BEEF i have with Phil Jackson are not hiring a winning creative coaching-staff before he left, plus letting the Dolan-Family resign Melo to a long outrageous high $$$ salary contract.
I understood Phil Jackson selection of KP, then Frank & Dotson in the draft.
Phil had plans on resigning D.Rose, and put D.Rose & Frank as the starter backcourt, plus have Melo & KP as the starting forwards, and Noah at center.
But Phil Jackson couldn't do much when the Dolan-Family still call all the shots for the Knicks/Rangers and MSG.

I never liked Mills having any say-so in the Knicks organization, since his 1999 draft pick and say-so in the decision to trade Ewing.
I dont like Fizdale as a head coach or assistant coach, and I dislike how Fizdale treated and rotated the Knicks players in the 2018-19 Development-Season.
The Knicks best season performance from KP were when KP was tandem in the front-court alongside of Kanter. We seen KP look to pass the ball to the open man, plus start shooting the ball from 10 to 15 feet from the basket taking advantage of smaller defenders. The two things KP did not do for two straight seasons playing alongside Melo as a teammate.
I was hoping to see at least two season of KP & Kanter tandem in the Knicks lineup to see how well they compliment one other after playing 2 seasons in the same lineup. Especially when we drafted Block-Party MitchRob to add to the Knicks front-court rotation.
Courtney Lee never turned out to be much on offense or defense or the role-player we could count on.
Timmy performance never met up to a quarter of the performance his father put on the court each night.
Trey Burke did not work on adding a few more creative moves to his game in the off-season to become a NBA play-maker.
Watching Burke repeat the same 1 or 2 offensive moves from last season, and not put much effort on the defensive-end ...