home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Sacramento KingsNew York Knicks
Marvin Bagley III - Left Knee Sprain (OUT)Frank Ntilikina - Sore groin (OUT)
-Mario Hezonja - Contused Left Leg (QUEST)
--
--

Game Preview

The hardest part about trying to end a 12-season postseason drought for the Sacramento Kings has been beating playoff-caliber opponents. On Saturday, the Kings will look to build some confidence before embarking upon their next opportunity to make statements against contenders.

The Kings will open a four-game Eastern Conference road swing Saturday afternoon when they visit the NBA-worst New York Knicks.

Both teams were off Thursday and Friday following losses Wednesday, when the host Kings fell to the Boston Celtics, 111-109 and the visiting Knicks dropped a 107-96 decision to the Phoenix Suns.

The loss Wednesday marked the sixth defeat in the last eight games for the Kings, who entered Friday four games behind the Los Angeles Clippers and the San Antonio Spurs in the race for the final two playoff spots in the Western Conference.

The skid has been defined by near-misses against elite teams. While the Kings beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 119-116 on Feb. 23, they have suffered five losses to playoff-bound squads. Four of those defeats -- to the Celtics as well as the NBA-best Milwaukee Bucks, the defending champion Golden State Warriors and the Denver Nuggets -- were by two or fewer points while the other one was a seven-point loss to the Clippers.

The losses have been frustrating and could eventually cost the Kings their first playoff berth since the 2005-06 campaign. But Sacramento is hopeful the lessons learned the last couple weeks will pay dividends down the road, if not this season.

After opening the trip against the lottery-bound Knicks and Washington Wizards, the Kings will get chances to climb over the hump against playoff teams when they visit the Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers next Thursday and Friday.

"It's good that we're in a spot to make plays to win the game," Kings center Willie Cauley-Stein told reporters following the loss to the Celtics. "In the past, it was not like that. We're coming down to the last possessions and those are key possessions and we're executing, so it's learning. It's just a learning curve. Each game like this, you learn a little bit more, and that's really all you can ask for besides the win."

The Knicks long ago came to realize it was a lot to ask for a win on most nights. New York is 1 1/2 games "ahead" of the Suns in the race for the worst record in the NBA. The bottom three teams in the league will all have a 14-percent chance at winning the NBA Draft lottery, and with it the chance to draft Duke freshman Zion Williamson, on May 14.

Defense has been a particularly problematic issue for the Knicks, who entered Friday allowing the sixth-most points (114.2 points per game) in the NBA. New York has given up at least 100 points in seven straight games and in 42 of its last 44 contests dating back to Nov. 27.

"We have to figure out a way to be consistent," Knicks center DeAndre Jordan told reporters Wednesday night. "For 48 minutes, be locked in on defense and that effort and urgency. Offensively, shots aren't going to fall, you're going to have bad nights. But defensively, we can control that."

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Thanks, Rady.

I really hope these young guys are learning something from DJ this last stretch of the season.

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the game thread Rady. Knicks usually do badly in these 12PM weekend games. You would expect this team isn't going to change that. SAC fighting for a playoff spot, I expect they will be extra motivated to not lose a game they should win. That said LETS GO KNICKS.

Great start for us. Schedulers really screwed Sacramento by giving them a noon game on the East coast.

tiger0330

Legend
Nits losing ground by missing all these games. DSJ and Mudiay winning the starting and backup spots and Dotson/Trier the SG spots. Trier a very pleasant surprise with his ability to get to the rim, something Nits sucks at. Nits may have to play behind Knox at SF to get his minutes but he'll be bust there if Fiz tries it.

Nits losing ground by missing all these games. DSJ and Mudiay winning the starting and backup spots and Dotson/Trier the SG spots. Trier a very pleasant surprise with his ability to get to the rim, something Nits sucks at. Nits may have to play behind Knox at SF to get his minutes but he'll be bust there if Fiz tries it.

Have we seen the last of Ntilikina as a Knick? Is he really still injured? He has been out forever. I have to imagine he is traded this offseason.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks down 48-46 at the half. DSJ cooled down after a hot start scoring all of his 11pts in the first but is 4-12 not scoring any pts in the 2nd qtr.

tiger0330

Legend
Have we seen the last of Ntilikina as a Knick? Is he really still injured? He has been out forever. I have to imagine he is traded this offseason.
If Perry can get a first-round pick for him he's gone but his trade value is probably rock bottom so I don't think you can get a first for him. He's got a lot of question marks surrounding him and now you can add a few others after this injury, is he injury prone, is he a slow healer and does he have the fire and desire to be an NBA player.

Broadway

All Star
If Perry can get a first-round pick for him he's gone but his trade value is probably rock bottom so I don't think you can get a first for him. He's got a lot of question marks surrounding him and now you can add a few others after this injury, is he injury prone, is he a slow healer and does he have the fire and desire to be an NBA player.

Came to check back in only to find out Kevin Knox is still absolute trash. Knits as I said the other day his only hope remaining here is getting a look at SF over Knox otherwise he's done...his goose is cooked

One guy I'd keep a close watch on should he become a free agent this summer is Julius Randle(I wanted us to serious consider him last summer).

The only way Knits can change his course a la De'Angelo Russell is to get traded to a bad team and be given the keys. Ask yourselves what team does this for him(I don't see any)?

Also if we trade him does anyone think we get fortunate enough to get an asset back via pick giving us Kyle Kuzma type return(Perry can find talent in the draft h's proven this more so than Knits has proven in his game)

mafra

Legend
Another game, another loss... Fox with 30&8 shreds DSJ and NYK. Fox with 30 points on 17 shots and DSJ with 18 points on 19 shots.

tiger0330

Legend
Another game, another loss... Fox with 30&8 shreds DSJ and NYK. Fox with 30 points on 17 shots and DSJ with 18 points on 19 shots.
Another thing I hate about Fizdale is when he praises the other teams players in his post-game, this time going off on Fox with his special player, so young and special with his ability to run a team. Fiz looked whipped in the post-game like it was the last thing he wanted to do.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Only came to watch Mitch Robinson again. 23 straight games with at least one block. According to Knicks facebook page he, Garnett and Shaq are the only rookies under 20 to do so. Hopefully he turns out at least as half as good as one of them!

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by htr10
Have we seen the last of Originally Posted by htr10
Have we seen the last of Ntilikina as a Knick? Is he really still injured? He has been out forever. I have to imagine he is traded this offseason.as a Knick? Is he really still injured? He has been out forever. I have to imagine he is traded this offseason.

I miss the early game today .. how do u let someone come to ur house (MSG) early in the morning to give u a morning/afternoon whipping ???

The Knicks record are what 13-53, and without Frank Ntilikina in the lineup the Knicks are 3-24 LMAO ....
I believe Frank being DNP with a groin pull injury the last 27 TANKING games has increased Frank's NBA value/worth to be the only starter PG on the Knicks roster for next season. If Knick fan believe the 19 minute of playing time Frank were receiving per game in the 2018-19 season from TANKING coach Fizdale were fare to develop a 2nd season Frank who played in all 4 quarter of each game receiving spot (4) minute in each quarter of the game in crazy changes of lineups/rotation from the previous game plus having different young raw teammates in the lineup. That's not development for young players, nor is that fare to a young player .. The Knicks ex-star young player KP watched Fizdale coach and substitute from the bench all of the first half of the season, and couldn't take any more of Fizdale foolishness, and screamed to be traded ASAP !!!

Knick fans dont forget we have been watching two of the worst low IQ PG in the NBA (DSJ and Mudiay) lead the point for the Knicks the past two months, and it's a bad shame for Knick fans to have to watch not 1 but two low IQ Tier-3 performance PG in the Knicks main rotation night after night to TANK-TANK every game.
The Kings has a 2nd season PG Fox who has average 35 minute of playing time to out-perform not one but both of the Knicks PG Mudiay & DSJ in two games for a Kings win in both games. What really makes it bad for the Knicks are in both games the Kings were missing two of their important winning players (Marvin Bagley III and Shumpert) in the rotation that help the Kings stay an above .500 team throughout the 2018-19 season.
The Knicks having Mudiay & DSJ at the PG spot running the offense each game is not a shock or surprise the Knicks lose a game, the shock and surprise are when Mudiay & DSJ win a game !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Came to check back in only to find out Kevin Knox is still absolute trash. Knits as I said the other day his only hope remaining here is getting a look at SF over Knox otherwise he's done...his goose is cooked
Also if we trade him does anyone think we get fortunate enough to get an asset back via pick giving us Kyle Kuzma type return(Perry can find talent in the draft h's proven this more so than Knits has proven in his game)

Perry hired TANK-TANK Fizdale as the Knicks head coach when Fizdale prove without a doubt in Memphis he's an assistant-coach only to take orders, then Perry drafted Knox over Miles Bridges.
The only reason Perry drafted MitchRob in the 2nd round was to have a center for the summer league team.
The Knicks has been BAMBOOZLE having nitwits Mills/Perry/Fizdale !!!

Another fan made the mistake of yelling ?sell the team? at Dolan at the end of the game today. Security was all over him.