Game Thread - Atlanta Hawks at New York Knicks - Tuesday, 12/17/19

tiger0330

Legend
Payton could be so much better if he could knock down that floater more often, I bet his % is below the league avg on them.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for Game-Thread htr10 .... Miller adding DSJ to the rotation tonight .. I guess Miller wants DSJ to pick up some of Trae's moves by defending him

tiger0330

Legend
First 40 pt qtr for the Knicks, finally getting some positive stats out of this group with Fiz he set records but they were records like worst qtr in history or first time the Knicks lost by 50 points.

mafra

Legend
Knicks up 47-27 as second quarter nears 10 minute mark. Woah.

Miller might get back to .500...

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for Game-Thread htr10 .... Miller adding DSJ to the rotation tonight .. I guess Miller wants DSJ to pick up some of Trae's moves by defending him
You never give up on Nits but you have on DSJ even though he has a triple double and a 30 scoring night on his resume.

Nice stretch for Randle finishing at the rim and finding RJ for the slam.

No question this team is responding well to changes made by Miller so far and learning to lean on their strengths and finding mismatches.

Kiyaman

Legend
You never give up on Nits but you have on DSJ even though he has a triple double and a 30 scoring night on his resume.

When DSJ start applying defense to his performance like Knox is starting to do .. I will back him.
DSJ got a triple double on Fizdale !!!
We got a 20 pt lead 49-69 .. OK take Frank out to give DSJ some more minute defending Trae

Fantastic 1st half. Knicks lead 77 - 53 at the half. Wow. Miller era continues to impress in how fast he has had a positive effect on these guys.

tiger0330

Legend
Play of the game MRob stepping into the passing lane for a stesl and taking it all the way for a dunk. Knicks score 77 pts in the half to lead the Hawks 77-53.

Kiyaman

Legend
We scored 41 pts in a quarter .. holdup we scored 77 points in the first half of a game !!!
Remarkable !!!
Half-Time Knicks 77 - Hawks 53

Who are these Knicks ???
Where did this Knick team come from ???

Kiyaman

Legend
First 40 pt qtr for the Knicks, finally getting some positive stats out of this group with Fiz he set records but they were records like worst qtr in history or first time the Knicks lost by 50 points.

It's a NEW day for the Knicks now that Fizdale has vanished !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Nice stretch for Randle finishing at the rim and finding RJ for the slam.

No question this team is responding well to changes made by Miller so far and learning to lean on their strengths and finding mismatches.
Most coaching changes result in a temporary change and a couple of wins before reverting back to the norm, but this looks to be more permanent, keep hearing the Knicks shouldn't be this bad with all the vets we have. Fizdale looks to have been the problem and Miller is fixing some of the problems.