The Preseason Game Thread on Knicks vs Cavs Wed & Friday

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks are 1-1 in the Preseason Games vs the Detroit Pistons.
The Knicks has 2 more preseason games vs the (2-0) Cleveland Cavs on 12/16 Wed, and on 12/18 Friday.

The Knicks cut Dotson, and the Cavs signed him to a one yr contract.
The Cavs preseason rotation has 3 guards that are tearing it up on court in Dotson, Garland, and Exum that creative performance has team-ball chemistry screaming in the Cavs lineups. Plus center Drummond & Nance were performing as a great BIG tandem in the paint in two games vs the Indiana Pacers. The Cavs starting PG Sexton is out with a right angle injury.

Our Tom Thibs Knicks has been performing in the first two preseason games as if coach Fizdale are calling all the shots again. Recall last season preseason games (1-3) when we beat the Wizards (104-99) in the first preseason game, and the next game the Wizards beat the Knicks (115-99), and we fell flat every game after the win by starting the regular season going (2-10).
Well, lets pray and hope Tom Thibs type of coaching are not on the same-page as Fizdale vs the Cavs, and our upcoming season.
In the two Knicks preseason games vs Pistons it showed what Knicks players need to be eliminated and kick out the locker room.
PG DSJ & SF-Knox poor-poor performance last season, and in the two preseason games were awful, we all have seen much better performance in the D.League competition.

Dotson vs RJ Barrett & Burks ??? Is it bad that I want Dotson to have a good game?
Garland vs Payton?
Nance vs Randle?
Drummond vs Noel?

You are correct about Thibodaux and the way he is running the offense. Something we got last year.
They killed chemistry with the 2nd unit.
How about somebody doing some real coaching like Miller did when he pulled the whole starting 5 and sub in Frank and co.

Kiyaman

Legend
You are correct about Thibodaux and the way he is running the offense. Something we got last year.
They killed chemistry with the 2nd unit.
How about somebody doing some real coaching like Miller did when he pulled the whole starting 5 and sub in Frank and co.

Did u see how DSJ looked and act toward Frank when Thibs took him out in the 2nd half of the last game? As if Frank was the reason he was playing like a BUM!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks started MitchRob tonight vs Drummund .. Payton, Barrett, Bullock, Randle, MitchRob
End of first qtr. Cavs 25 - Knicks 24

Kiyaman

Legend
I could see I'm gonna luv rookie Quickley performance each game .. He's our future scorer.
DSJ & Knox dont belong on the court together !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Half-Time Cavs 57 - Knicks 53
Not a good half for the Knicks .. the Knicks setup defense has been lazy and their perimeter defense has been very poor.
The Knicks ball movement hasnt been so bad.

Kiyaman

Legend
Drummond has been a force and the highest scorer in the half scoring 16 pts.
Randle (13) & Barrett (10) are the highest scorers for the Knicks in the half by taking more shots than any other Knicks.

mafra

Legend
KNicks are 3-25 from downtown through 3 quarters... they have attempted just 5 FTs... 3 games into season and they are officially unwatchable.

EP, Randle, Bollock is like watching paint dry.... aside from RJ, there doesn?t appear to be any improvement from the kids after almost a year off....

I would like to say I am pissed, disappointed.... I wish I could say I feel something.... anything... I don?t... I just keep asking why I bother anymore? I?m beyond the point of caring... now, I?m at the point of giving up on basketball altogether.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well, there isn't much to say about this Knicks game watching the Knicks offense stand-still like a rock waiting on a pass .. Coach Bick has the Cavs playing a zone defense to outscore us

End of 3rd qtr. .. Cavs 80 - Knicks 66
Oh Yeah, Dotson playing good team-b.ball

mafra

Legend
IQ is our best PG.... more of an indictment on his competition.... but unless Rivers steps up, IQ should the starting PG by Jan.

I?m not going to get too excited because they are playing against a G league lineup but great 4th quarter surge led by Knox and Quickley to get the Knicks a late lead.

mafra

Legend
Knox is on fire... drains a 3 to give NyK a 95-93 lead.

IQ, RJ, Knox, Toppin, MRob making things happen.

I care again...

mafra

Legend
MRob drilled in nose by a clear-out elbow. Foul called on MRob. Awful call. They are reviewing....

This is a point of education this year, to stop calling offensive fouls when offensive player initiated the contact..

After review... they change call and five flagrant on the offensive player. Wow.

RJ just found Toppin for one hell of a dunk. Huge comeback. Knicks win. Dominant 4th quarter. Only negative is that they did it against low tier opponent lineup.

Broadway

All Star
Knox is on fire... drains a 3 to give NyK a 95-93 lead.

IQ, RJ, Knox, Toppin, MRob making things happen.

I care again...

About time he showed he has a pulse. If he makes any growth this yr it could be a huge difference. He should make the biggest leap of all our young players

Our guards were above average with solid distribution and not allowing the TOs to cripple the team

mafra

Legend
About time he showed he has a pulse. If he makes any growth this yr it could be a huge difference. He should make the biggest leap of all our young players

Our guards were above average with solid distribution and not allowing the TOs to cripple the team

Amen. We heard so much about his growth this summer and how he was a WIP and how year 3 should be the year...

After all, that?s all this season should be about. Seeing if the kids sink or swim. Playing EP and Bullock does nothing for me.

It?s clear that IQ, RJ, Knox, Toppin, Mitch is the Bedrock 5. Sprinkle in Burks, Rivers, Noel as depth... this 8 plus Randle should be the primary rotation.

DSJ and Frank should get their chances early, but as soon as they prove what the are... move on to IQ and wash your hands.

But, I would prefer watching DSJ and Frank flop the first 2 months, so we gain knowledge. Maybe a miracle happens and they prove their worth.... we won?t know this tho if they are given inconsistent role and Bullock plays ahead of them.

I would shift RJ to second unit, and keeps his together. They get 2nd and 4th Q. Let the ?vets? and DSJ, Frank get the 1st and 3rd...
Then evaluate based on performance.

Kiyaman

Legend
I?m not going to get too excited because they are playing against a G league lineup but great 4th quarter surge led by Knox and Quickley to get the Knicks a late lead.

Yeah, Cavs Coach Bick did play an 11 man rotation having 4 starters and 6th man out tonite .... So!

I mostly like the way our rookie (scorer) Quickley took the ball out of DSJ hands by adding some playmaking-skills in the line-up performance to change the Cavs 17 pt lead to a Knicks 7 pt win.
We all should know by this game .. that DSJ need a PG in his lineup!

Rookie Quickley are showing us his skills in his 2nd preseason games .. The Future of a winning Knicks team !!!
Sorry! But RJ Barrett has to take a 4th or 5th place in back of MitchRob, OBi, and rookie combo-guard IQ .... Barrett's team-ball skills are not up to par

My player-player MitchRob gave us a double-double and 3 blocks in his 30 minute game.
Rookie Toppin are learning the ropes well in each of the preseason games, I just hope Thibs have a few offensive-roles for him to play in the regular season games.
I notice when Payton & IQ were in a lineup, IQ steady movement became a offensive weapon Payton could have used consistently to score on offense.
All yall Donovan Mitchell fans need to watch our outstanding rookie Quickley throughout the regular season.
I hope this Cavs Loss have all of the Cavs starters healthy to play on Friday.