home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Milwaukee BucksNew York Knicks
No injuries to report for the teamObi Toppin - Sore right calf (DOUBT)
-Immanuel Quickley - Sore left hip (DOUBT)
-Omari Spellman - Sore right knee (OUT)
-Austin Rivers - Sore right groin (OUT)

Game Preview

Two games into the season, the Milwaukee Bucks look a lot like they did during the 2019-20 campaign. Unfortunately for the New York Knicks, the same thing can be said about them.

The Bucks, fresh off a dominant Christmas Day performance, will look to continue building momentum Sunday night, when they visit the winless Knicks.

The Bucks bounced back from a one-point loss in Wednesday's season opener by throttling the visiting Golden State Warriors, 138-99, in a Christmas Day matinee. The Knicks endured another second-half fade Saturday night, when they fell to the visiting Philadelphia 76ers, 109-89.

The Bucks didn't need much in Friday's game from superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo, who scored 15 points and pulled down 13 rebounds in just under 27 minutes. But Khris Middleton, already a pretty good Robin to Antetokounmpo's Batman, provided evidence he might be taking another step forward by scoring 31 points on just 15 attempts from the field. Middleton aided his efficiency by going 6-of-8 from 3-point land.

Last season, when the Bucks went an NBA-best 56-17 in the regular season before falling to the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference semifinals, Middleton posted career bests in almost every major offensive category, including points per game (20.9), rebounds (6.2), field goal percentage (49.7 percent) and free throw percentage (91.6 percent).

While his numbers are likely to come down from the small-sample-size highs of his first two games (in which he's scored 58 points and recorded 18 rebounds while shooting 57.1 percent from the field and a perfect 9-of-9 from the free throw line), his improvement is indicative of the Bucks' efforts to build a title contender around Antetokounmpo.

"He puts a lot of time and effort in, and I think his desire to be great, his desire to keep improving, be more efficient -- it's impressive," Bucks head coach Mike Budenholzer said. "That's part of kind of our mantra. We want to get better everyday, get better every game, year-to-year. And he's really embraced that. He puts his time in in the weight room, he puts his time in (on) the court, and it translates to games. I think that's kind of what we want to be about."

The Knicks are trying yet again to redefine themselves, but the first two games of the season are unfolding a lot like the last two decades. New York led the Indiana Pacers 66-61 at halftime of Wednesday's season opener and trailed the 76ers 60-55 at halftime Saturday.

But the Knicks, who have just two players older than 26 on their active roster, have shown their inexperience in being outscored 119-75 in the second half of the two games, including 59-34 on Saturday.

"It's a team thing, so it's not any one particular person," first-year Knicks head coach Tom Thibodeau said. "We share in all of it. Our responsibility is to improve. Each and every day, come in, put everything you have into it. The games reveal exactly where we are. And obviously, it's showing us that we have a lot of work to do. So we have to learn from each experience, and we have to get better."

A pair of Knicks rookies, Obi Toppin (right calf) and Immanuel Quickley (hip), missed Saturday's game with injuries. Quickley is day-to-day while Toppin is expected to miss at least a week.

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
This probably wont go too well but ill be happy to just see a competitive game. I really wish Quickley could play. I havent been feeling too well since watching Payton run the point last night

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .. It looks like Middleton is starting the season on a all-star performance role. I wish Thibs would've added Frank to the rotation to put pressure on our opponents high scoring guards and SF.
I guess we Knicks fans will be putting up a SOS sign at half-time tonight vs the Giannis high-scoring Bucks.
It wont look good for Rose or Thibs, after tonight game .. if this become our THIRD consecutive game we get blownout of to start the 2020-21 season. The NBA scouting rumors will considered the Knicks the D.League team in the NBA.

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the game thread Andy. If anyone is looking for a stream, Yahoo Sports is showing an early bird preview of NBA games.

mafra

Legend
So much for the ?most NBA ready crap we had to hear about before the draft?

Though the Knicks announced forward Obi Toppin will be reevaluated in 7-10 days, coach Tom Thibodeau sounded as if their rookie lottery pick could be out as many as two weeks with a calf strain ? if not longer.

Toppin re-aggravated a previously undisclosed calf injury in the season opener versus the Pacers, Thibodeau said. The rehab process has Toppin unable to put any pressure on his leg for a week, affecting his conditioning. Toppin won?t practice again in 2020.

?When you miss that type of time, with that type of injury, there?s going to be a period of time for him to get back to speed in terms of playing,?? Thibodeau said. ?And so obviously with a calf, you can?t run or jump, so the conditioning component will factor into that.??

mafra

Legend
30-27 NYK, mainly because we hit a few threes and they missed a ton.

RJ with 8 on 4-7 shooting (0-2 from downtown). EP with 9.

Kiyaman

Legend
Frank got 2 min of playing time in the first quarter .. u have to like Frank's defensive pressure on the Bucks guards. Randle, Bullocks, Burk, and RJ performance LACK defense.

mafra

Legend
Frank has to earn it right here... tonight... he?s running out of chances.

Knicks up 40-29 after RJ sinks 2 FTs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Frank receive 10 min of playing time in the first half .. Great!
Taking Frank out of the game the Bucks chopped the Knicks lead down to 6 pts .. 4 min remain before half-time Knicks 45 - Bucks 39

mafra

Legend
61-45 NyK at the half... Mainly bc MIL is 3-18 from Downtown and NYK have hit 8-14.
Burks, EP, Randle and RJ all have double digit points. Burks with 15....

This is now 3-3 NYK ready to play at tip-off.

mafra

Legend
Knicks not giving anything this year... Indy and Phil had to earn it. MIL won?t win simply for showing up

Kiyaman

Legend
Best half of the year .. Held a good team to 45! First two games we gave up 60 in first half.
Amazing what a difference a day makes. So many of my threads look so silly right now lol

We are getting back on defense and adding defensive pressure on the ball .. Go Knicks !!!

mafra

Legend
95-75 NYK with 5 seconds left in 3rd. EP having a good game, and guess what? Knicks are cruising ...

Kiyaman

Legend
End of 3rd Qtr. Knicks 96 - Bucks 75
All we have to do in the 4th qtr. is play hard defense to trade pts for a Knicks WIN.
Lets GO Knicks !!!