home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Brooklyn NetsNew York Knicks
Kyrie Irving - Personal reasons (OUT)Reggie Bullock - Sore left knee (OUT)
Tyler Johnson - Health and safety protocols (OUT)Frank Ntilikina - Sprained right knee (OUT)
Nicolas Claxton - Right knee tendinopathy (OUT)Alec Burks - sprained left ankle (Not-With-Team)
Spencer Dinwiddie - Partially torn ACL, right knee (OUT)Obi Toppin - Sore right calf (OUT)
--

Game Preview

Kevin Durant is expected to play in the second game of a back-to-back set for the first time this season when the Brooklyn Nets visit the New York Knicks on Wednesday in a clash of Big Apple rivals.

The Nets' other star player, Kyrie Irving, likely will sit out again, and it's unclear when he might return to action.

Durant finished one rebound short of a triple-double Tuesday night, when the Nets overcame an 18-point, third-quarter deficit to beat the visiting Denver Nuggets 122-116.

The Knicks took their third consecutive loss Monday when they fell 109-88 to the host Charlotte Hornets.

On Tuesday, Durant scored 20 of his 34 points in the second half for the Nets, who trailed 79-61 before mounting a 29-4 run. The win might have averted a crisis on multiple fronts for Brooklyn, which snapped a two-game losing streak and is 4-6 since a 2-0 start that raised the already-high expectations surrounding the team in its first season with Durant and Irving as the focal points.

"(With) a new group like this, you're looking to build that connectivity and that resolve, that ability to fight through adversity," coach Steve Nash said after the Nets improved to 2-4 in games decided by six points or fewer. "You can't cheat that process. So these (are) opportunities for us to say, 'Hey, we've been there and survived, we've been there and it hurt and we built through it and here we are tonight, coming out on the other side.'"

The Nets prevailed against Denver despite the absence of Irving, who missed his fourth consecutive game due to personal reasons. ESPN reported Tuesday there is video making the social-media rounds of a maskless Irving attending a family birthday party, prompting an NBA investigation into whether he violated the league's COVID-19 protocols.

Later in the evening, as the Nets and Nuggets played, Tahanie Aboushi, a candidate for Manhattan district attorney, posted a screen-grab of a Zoom call with volunteers, one of whom appeared to be Irving with the screen name "Kai Irving."

Irving is expected to miss at least the next two games.

Nash, at his pregame press conference Tuesday, said the team was communicating with Irving but didn't provide details of any conversations.

As for Durant, the superstar said he planned to play Wednesday night. He hasn't played both ends of a back-to-back since tearing his right Achilles tendon while playing for the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals in June 2019, weeks before he and Irving signed with the Nets.

The Knicks, who haven't made the playoffs since the 2012-13 season, cleared salary-cap room prior to and throughout the 2018-19 season in hopes of luring Durant and Irving. New York has since committed to another rebuilding project, one that seemed to be progressing faster than expected under first-year head coach Tom Thibodeau during a 5-3 start.

However, the Knicks have dropped the past three games by a combined 58 points while failing to reach 90 points in any of the defeats. Thibodeau said he hoped a little bit of hard work would help fix the club's problems.

"Right now we're not playing well defensively," Thibodeau said, "and part of that is when you're not making shots, you're playing low energy. And if you lack confidence, where do you get confidence from? You get confidence from your preparation."
--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. Thanks for the Game Thread .. Tonite Knicks game is on ESPN .. Brooklyn is in the House!
This is the end of a Nets back to back which mean Durant may sit out after last night big win over the Nuggets.
Will the Knicks score above 89 pts tonight?
Brooklyn has a all-around SF Joe Harris that the Knicks need badly for their rotation.
Our Knicks forwards are ???

Kiyaman

Legend
After reading the Nets trade, they will probably have 7 or 8 guys tonight, unless they go get a couple of guys from their D league. What are the less players a team must have? 7? or 8?

Kiyaman

Legend
Quickley's Back got his first 3 ball in 1st Qtr.
Randle's 12 pts in the 1st Qtr. kept Knicks in the game
Thibs ran a 7 man rotation, while coach Nash ran a 9 man rotation
End of 1st Qtr. Knicks 25 - Nets 26

Kiyaman

Legend
Certain Knick players should not be getting over 14 minute of playing-time in the first-half of the game .... Thibs need to take a good look at his 3 guard offense/defense (Payton/Rivers/Barrett), it's givin up 60 pts a half and scoring 45 pts a half the last 4 games
Half-Time .... Knicks 45 - Nets 61
The Nets scored 60 pts in the first half after a Super-Star-trade this morning.

Kiyaman

Legend
Durant's making scoring look to easy on us tonight .. Our 2nd season Barrett need to start shooting inside of 15 ft for a few games. We are performing terrible on offense & defense as a team tonight
Knicks 67 - Nets 85 .. 3 min left in 3rd Qtr.

mafra

Legend
So, we get blown out by. Team with 5 players? Granted.... KD and Harris are better than anything we have...

Hard to win many games when you can?t score. At least Cade beat Kansas last night

Broadway

All Star
So, we get blown out by. Team with 5 players? Granted.... KD and Harris are better than anything we have...

Hard to win many games when you can?t score. At least Cade beat Kansas last night

KD and Harris have scored less than Randle and RJ. Our kids Robinson, Knox, Quickley have played well for the most part

Thibs has a roster/rotation issue. If you keep losing gms by high double digits it?s fairly obvious

mafra

Legend
KD and Harris have scored less than Randle and RJ. Our kids Robinson, Knox, Quickley have played well for the most part

Thibs has a roster/rotation issue. If you keep losing gms by high double digits it?s fairly obvious

Randle carried them earlier.... Ship headed in the right direction but will take time. We could?ve used Halliburton over Obi.. but we move on.

RJ, Randle, IQ, Mitch are only 4 I feel comfortable about being on this team
In 3 years. Knox and Obi maybe too.

mafra

Legend

Randle carried them earlier.... Ship headed in the right direction but will take time. We could?ve used Halliburton over Obi.. but we move on.

RJ, Randle, IQ, Mitch are only 4 I feel comfortable about being on this team in years. Knox and Obi maybe too.

In the long run, this is best for the franchise. Nothing is gained getting swept in first round of playoffs. 1 more lottery run isn?t the worst thing to happen...

tiger0330

Legend
Been busy and just now got time to watch the CHA game but saw Obi played 1 min. Did he tweak that calf again. Harden getting traded was expected, you would think that his presser the other night had something to do with it. But a 4 team deal with all the players and picks involved you would think would take some time and not just be a gut r?action to a guy saying the team can't be fixed. People now saying what they said about the Dubs when they got KD that there us only one ball between KI KD and JH and it can't work. Dubs made it work and both KD and KI have rings. Nets maybe the best team in the EC with the newly acquired Harden.

Broadway

All Star
Been busy and just now got time to watch the CHA game but saw Obi played 1 min. Did he tweak that calf again. Harden getting traded was expected, you would think that his presser the other night had something to do with it. But a 4 team deal with all the players and picks involved you would think would take some time and not just be a gut r?action to a guy saying the team can't be fixed. People now saying what they said about the Dubs when they got KD that there us only one ball between KI KD and JH and it can't work. Dubs made it work and both KD and KI have rings. Nets maybe the best team in the EC with the newly acquired Harden.

It?ll work Tig no doubt about it

Wish the Knicks would make some trades

Kiyaman

Legend
Coach Thibs 8 man rotation has failed us again, there were no team chemistry, and our team-defense gave up 116 pts .. However we did score 105 pts, plus got 34 pts from our bench tonite.
The Nets coach Nash 9 man rotation had 7 players score in double-digits.