Game Thread: New York Knicks at Utah Jazz - 1/26/21

Knicks lead by 8 in the 2nd quarter.

Thibs trying to build a cohesive 2nd unit with Quickley, Rivers, Knox, Toppin, and Noel.

Toppin with an electric move taking his man from the 3 point line to the hoop and hitting the spinning 1 hander.

mafra

Legend
13 point lead evaporates in 5 minutes. Utah is best 3 point shooting team and they are now hitting shots. We have the EP brick band to watch.

67-66 game now. We will lose this game by 16

mafra

Legend
After scoring 59 in the first half, NY is getting run out of the gym in the second half. With 5 left in the game, NYK have 25 points in the second half... it?s a disgrace! It?s beyond unwatchable bball.

My friend texted me while I was cooking, when Rivers was 10-10 in first half. I didn?t turn game in... texted back it didn?t matter... when I was done cooking and turned game on, we would score 38 points in the second half and lose by 18.

Oh, another game Toppin liked like he didn?t even belong in the G League. When he?s on the floor, it is like we are NHL team playing short handed. Doesn?t even appear other teams put a man on him...

After scoring 59 in the first half, NY is getting run out of the gym in the second half. With 5 left in the game, NYK have 25 points in the second half... it?s a disgrace! It?s beyond unwatchable bball.

My friend texted me while I was cooking, when Rivers was 10-10 in first half. I didn?t turn game in... texted back it didn?t matter... when I was done cooking and turned game on, we would score 38 points in the second half and lose by 18.

Oh, another game Toppin liked like he didn?t even belong in the G League. When he?s on the floor, it is like we are NHL team playing short handed. Doesn?t even appear other teams put a man on him...

I?m not sure I even get what you?re saying. Toppin got the call twice on offense and scored both times. He was calling for the ball on multiple possessions but our offense didn?t go to him. Don?t make stuff up that no one was guarding him. That?s a complete lie. Thibs only gave him 12 minutes. What do you want him to do? Steal the ball from our other ball hogs?

RJ with 17 points in 40 minutes, Randle with 18 points in 35 minutes.

How Toppin?s 4 points in 12 minutes is the problem is beyond me, especially given he hit both his shots.

mafra

Legend
I?m not sure I even get what you?re saying. Toppin got the call twice on offense and scored both times. He was calling for the ball on multiple possessions but our offense didn?t go to him. Don?t make stuff up that no one was guarding him. That?s a complete lie. Thibs only gave him 12 minutes. What do you want him to do? Steal the ball from our other ball hogs?

So, that foolish no-look pass to Noel, that started a Utah avalanche didn?t bother you? Or the fact he doesn?t rebound, block shots, or do much of anything?

I bet when all is said and done, we got
More from Knox and Knits after 3 seasons than we will get from Obi.

I just don?t see it. I see a G League type player. I hope I am wrong. Giving him more minutes? Maybe Thibbs feels he doesn?t earn it.

So, that foolish no-look pass to Noel, that started a Utah avalanche didn?t bother you? Or the fact he doesn?t rebound, block shots, or do much of anything?

I bet when all is said and done, we got
More from Knox and Knits after 3 seasons than we will get from Obi.

I just don?t see it. I see a G League type player. I hope I am wrong. Giving him more minutes? Maybe Thibbs feels he doesn?t earn it.

I?ll take that bet. Virtually impossible Toppin gives us less in 3 seasons than Knox and Ntilikina.

mafra

Legend
RJ with 17 points in 40 minutes, Randle with 18 points in 35 minutes.

How Toppin?s 4 points in 12 minutes is the problem is beyond me, especially given he hit both his shots.

This West Coast trip proves Randle isn?t a keeper. A grinder and having a nice season but not a cornerstone on a title team. Trade him!

Toppin not a problem. Just hated the selection and every minute he plays it simply reminds me that we actually drafted a 24 year old project from Dayton. And that makes me sad.
I get he is a rookie and we need to give him time to evaluate. But, I?ve been to the future... this ain?t a stock you want to buy.

Plus/minus for the game had Noel at +1, Toppin at 0, and every single other guy in the negative. Shouldn?t single out Toppin and his 12 minutes in this game.