The Knicks vs Hawks Match-Ups for the Playoff Series

Kiyaman

Legend
I know it's hard to believe, or hard take in, but the Knicks made the Playoffs!
Yes, I have to keep repeating it to myself too

I wish Thibs would've format a starter lineup without Payton throughout the season.
I also wish Thibs would've put together a same-page 5 man 2nd-unit lineup of bench players,

Our Knicks made the Playoffs, how will we match-up to the team (Hawks) we got in the first round?

Thibs vs McMillian = Hawks
Payton vs Trae = Hawks
Barrett vs Huerter/Bogdan = Hawks
Bullock vs Snell = Knicks
Randle vs Collins = Even
Noel vs Capela = Hawks
Rose vs Lou Williams = Even
Bench vs Bench = Hawks
The Knicks winners in 7 games ..
The Knicks dynamic DEFENSE will over come the Hawks offense for a playoff series WIN in 6 to 7 games !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Randle vs Collins = Even?

You’re not even going to give us that one?

LOL Kiya can't be serious about that matchup, has to be a typo.

Press calling for Thibs to drop Payton but I think Thibs goes with the same rotation he's gone with, Payton starting but DRose getting the majority of the minutes and finishing. Another bad game by EP along with a loss forces Thibs to change his mind though.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
We have a lot of rookies and young guys who do not have playoff experience, there is a risk of some of these players crumble under the playoff pressure, although, they all showed that they are very reliable mentally this season....

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle vs Collins = Even?

You?re not even going to give us that one?

All 3 wins over the Hawks came from Barrett & Quickley's top scoring in the 4th quarter.
Rookie Quickley played his first OT game vs the Hawks, plus scored his first 20 pt game vs the Hawks. I'm sure Quickley is not on the Knicks scouting-report cause of the low minute he receive from Thibs. Yet, Quickley scored in double-digits in every Hawks game.

Randle played 40 plus minutes a game vs the Hawks this season.
Hawks coach McMillian has been fair with the playing-time minutes, PF-Collin receive 28 min, and PF-Gallo receive 20 min (and all Knicks fans know how weak Gallo is on defense).
Our last game vs the Hawks went into overtime from Randle playing turnover Hero-Ball.
This Knicks season showed me what ex-coach Holzman preach "A little defense could take us a long way".
Plus who Thibs should've had shooting the Last-Shot of each quarter?
Burks & Quickley !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
LOL Kiya can't be serious about that matchup, has to be a typo.

Press calling for Thibs to drop Payton but I think Thibs goes with the same rotation he's gone with, Payton starting but DRose getting the majority of the minutes and finishing. Another bad game by EP along with a loss forces Thibs to change his mind though.

We do not know how Randle will perform in his first playoff series?
Or what strategy Hawks coach McMillian came up with to stop Randle in one or three games?
I wanted the Hawks to be the team our Knicks meet in the first round cause both teams hasn't been in the playoff in more than 5 years.

KingCharles34

All Star
We have a lot of rookies and young guys who do not have playoff experience, there is a risk of some of these players crumble under the playoff pressure, although, they all showed that they are very reliable mentally this season....
It wouldnt surprise me if they have a bad game or 2. I especially wouldnt be surprised if we dont have the best game 1 but overall i think we have a tough group and we will see from them what we saw during the regular season for the most part

Knicks in 6 or 7

mafra

Legend
Game 1 on Sunday, means a week of prep. Game 2 on WED means plenty of rat for our 40 mpg boys.

tiger0330

Legend
Think the only guy not playing for them is Cam. So they'll have a bunch of shooters with Bogie, Gallo, Trae, Huerter and maybe even Hunter. I'd expect Nate to unleash his shooters game 1 and test our perimeter D.

Kiyaman

Legend
Both Knicks and Hawks get a week to regroup. I don’t know if Hawks have anyone coming off injury or even familiar with their rotation.
Given the “Payton” situation it will be curious to see with a week off does Thibs tinker with the rotation.
I’m sure ATL is practicing and doing all the good things good teams do.
Nate McMillian is a good strategy coach.
Thibs genius this season will not sleep until he cook up all kinds of schematics to win.
If we stop Trae, who steps up?
If they stop Randle, will he still average 40 plus min thru series?

The Knicks already sold 15K tickets to the first game, and their second game of the first round.
The Brooklyn Nets are still selling tickets for their 1st and 2nd game.

tiger0330

Legend
Hawks roster for the playoffs. This is a much better team when they were banged up when we played them, you have to be concerned with the amount of firepower they have and DeAndre is a solid D Guy.
[FONT=&quot]Hawks Projected Starters:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PG — Trae Young
SG — Bogdan Bogdanovic
SF — De’Andre Hunter
PF — John Collins
C — Clint Capela[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hawks Bench:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kevin Huerter
Danilo Gallinari
Lou Williams
Solomon Hill
Onyeka Okongwu
Tony Snell[/FONT]

KingCharles34

All Star
I've seen Lou Williams not always show up in the Playoffs. Rose has proven he is a big time Playoff performer.
Hows it going brother? I hope as good as possible!

I completely agree with you. I also think Lou Will is getting older and i would easily take D Rose over Lou as my 6th man at this point

Rose was incredibly consistent, damn near unguardable still, and is also playing very good defense--minus his playoff run with the Wolves this is probably the best defense hes played since before the injuries in my opinion

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Hows it going brother? I hope as good as possible!

I completely agree with you. I also think Lou Will is getting older and i would easily take D Rose over Lou as my 6th man at this point

Rose was incredibly consistent, damn near unguardable still, and is also playing very good defense--minus his playoff run with the Wolves this is probably the best defense hes played since before the injuries in my opinion
Things aren't going too bad here. Hope you're doing great, man!

I think Rose should start with Marbury coming off the bench. Starbury's conditioning is unmatched.

KingCharles34

All Star
Things aren't going too bad here. Hope you're doing great, man!

I think Rose should start with Marbury coming off the bench. Starbury's conditioning is unmatched.

Thanks bro things are going good!

I also think thats a great point you make. It would be like having two point guards that are good enough to start for most teams

tiger0330

Legend
Friend of mine said don't worry because we only lost by 2 pts with Randle having an off night shooting. But I agree with Sir Charles that they have a lot of weapons, time to start DRose if you ask me and not wait for the boys to go into 0-2 hole.

mafra

Legend
ATL would?ve been swept if they lost that game. Randle and RJ combined for 29 (when season avg vs ATL was 58) and Bullock was 0-5 from downtown.

Plus, refs sent TY to FT line 5 times in final 8 minutes, after awarding him 0 FT attempts the first 40 minutes.

And, they got 2 miracle gift 3 point shots at end of third (Randle turnover final seconds) and RJ couldn?t secure steal (final 55 seconds).

I?m other words, they got the breaks and the calls and NYK offense was terrible.

Yeah, I would say if ATL has any chance... they needed to secure that win.

mafra

Legend
In 3 regular season games, Randle averaged 37-12-7 vs ATL... he played more than 36 minutes and took 26 shots... yet only awarded 2 FT attempts, despite fact he was focal point of ATL defense and Collins played him physically....

Game at MSG. Randle home floor....

Yet it was Young who gets 9 FT attempts in the 4th

Kiyaman

Legend
Are YOU Pissed at the Knicks LOSS ???

ATL would’ve been swept if they lost that game. Randle and RJ combined for 29 (when season avg vs ATL was 58) and Bullock was 0-5 from downtown.

Plus, refs sent TY to FT line 5 times in final 8 minutes, after awarding him 0 FT attempts the first 40 minutes.

And, they got 2 miracle gift 3 point shots at end of third (Randle turnover final seconds) and RJ couldn’t secure steal (final 55 seconds).

I’m other words, they got the breaks and the calls and NYK offense was terrible.

Yeah, I would say if ATL has any chance... they needed to secure that win.

Thibs and Randle decision-making and play-calling in our first post-season game kept the Knicks team down throughout the 48 minute to a sold-out (15K pop) game in MSG. WTF
Thibs had the chance to sit Randle on the bench a extra 6 minutes in this game in the 2nd half, plus convince Randle to stop shooting the ball when Randle were 4-16 from the fg.
Overconfidence from the regular season 3 wins. Dummy its the Postseason games now.

In the middle of the 3rd quarter every human body in MSG knew the Knicks starters were stinking up the court having Randle as the head mama Skunk.
All 5 of the Knicks bench players (DRose, Burks, IQ, Taj, and Obi) combine to shoot above 60% fg outscoring the Hawks lineup in the first and second half.
Randle & Barrett combine to shoot 12-40 fg for the game .. head-coach Thibs gets 100% blame for Randle & Barrett shooting night, and the LOSS at HOME to a sold-out crowd !!!

Last edited: