Emergency Game Thread .. Knicks vs Suns

Kiyaman

Legend
No Paul, no Booker ..
We are due for a win. I think we take this one!
Very interested in the MitchRob/Ayton matchup?
Can we get another 30 piece from RJ?

Today, I was reminded by a Brooklyn Nets fan that the Knicks were 3-16 in their last 19 games. My response was coach Thibs without coach Woodson belong on the college level of basketball, especially if Thibs lose tonight.

Why do we stink? Is it the players? Is it the front office? Is it the coach?

The answer is maybe yes to all.

But I?ll tell you this, scrapping all the facets of this organization over and over has gotten us nowhere.

Start by putting a new front office in place that has any motivation to get things done. Improve the roster. And then, if we can?t win, then you fire the coach who is the only part of this franchise that has any level of respect from the rest of the league.

If we start by firing Thibs and the front office stays, be prepared for a string of 20 - 62 seasons where we lose the lottery every year and our front office misses with our pick.

Kiyaman

Legend
12-17 Suns
Randle scored 10 of our 12 pts, and Bridges scored 11 of Suns 17 pts
We playing lazy on defense !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Deuce-Deuce sighting in the first quarter .. Quickley speeded up the offense tempo but no ball movement from starters or bench players.
End of 1st Quarter .. Knicks 24 - Suns 26

Kiyaman

Legend
Why do we stink? Is it the players? Is it the front office? Is it the coach?

The answer is maybe yes to all.

But I?ll tell you this, scrapping all the facets of this organization over and over has gotten us nowhere.

Start by putting a new front office in place that has any motivation to get things done. Improve the roster. And then, if we can?t win, then you fire the coach who is the only part of this franchise that has any level of respect from the rest of the league.

If we start by firing Thibs and the front office stays, be prepared for a string of 20 - 62 seasons where we lose the lottery every year and our front office misses with our pick.

Its the COACH and his bum coaching-staff the FO gave him !!!

Its the COACH and his bum coaching-staff the FO gave him !!!

I?ll take that bet. If Thibs is first to go, I bet we get even worse next season.

If front office is first to go, I bet we get better next season (assuming Dolan hires an actual real front office this time).

Knicks had their long win streak after Woodson was gone last season. Nothing wrong with this coaching staff. Fans just love to blame the coaches.

I love the idea of watching this lame duck front office try to find a better coach to take over this mess of a roster. If they?re lucky maybe Urban Meyer will take the job.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Suns & GS Warriors has the best ball-movement rotation in the West.
And the Celtics & Cavs has the best in the East.

We are wasting away by not putting MitchRob into the offense.
Randle & Barrett are taking all the shots .. compared to all the players on the Suns taking several shots. Hey Burks with a 3

Kiyaman

Legend
I?ll take that bet. If Thibs is first to go, I bet we get even worse next season.

If front office is first to go, I bet we get better next season (assuming Dolan hires an actual real front office this time).

Knicks had their long win streak after Woodson was gone last season. Nothing wrong with this coaching staff. Fans just love to blame the coaches.

I love the idea of watching this lame duck front office try to find a better coach to take over this mess of a roster. If they?re lucky maybe Urban Meyer will take the job.

Woodson was on the bench until the last regular season game.
Woodson would not have let Thibs take Payton out of the rotation in the postseason games, especially when we were 1-1 after the 2nd game, and needed both Payton & Frank defense on a Hot Trae Young.

Woodson was on the bench until the last regular season game.
Woodson would not have let Thibs take Payton out of the rotation in the postseason games, especially when we were 1-1 after the 2nd game, and needed both Payton & Frank defense on a Hot Trae Young.

Coach Woodson left the Knicks to coach Indiana on March 29th. The Knicks went 17 - 8 after Woodson left to finish the season.

Google it if you don?t believe me.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Coach Woodson left the Knicks to coach Indiana on March 29th. The Knicks went 17 - 8 after Woodson left to finish the season.

Google it if you don?t believe me.

I will check later but 17-8 thats 25 games in a 72 game season.

MRob making a big impact on both ends of the court. If our front office messes this up and MRob walks, expect that to be a big deal for about a decade.

Back to back 3 pointers by Fournier give Knicks a 10 point lead.

Julius Randle and Cameron Johnson ready to throw down. Randle having a big game but got to keep his composure. Can?t go all Marcus Morris just because the other guy is getting physical with you.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks came out in the 3rd qtr. getting comsecutive scoring from Randle, and the 3-ball dropping for Fournier and Burks to get a 10 pt lead .. And Fight break out between Randle & Cam Johnson

Quickley hits a runner. Then he nails an open 3. Be great if he could get it going.

Suns turnover and RJ gets the dunk.

Lead is up to 14.