[Article] While Others Talk Of Rain, The Knicks See Only Sun

rady

Administrator
Staff member
In a Knicks season strewn with disappointment, there is still no better place, no more comforting space, than the day after.

Hope stubbornly thrives on the days the Knicks gather here at their training center, no matter what manner of despair they endured the night before. They gathered Saturday afternoon to set about fixing what went wrong on Friday in Orlando, and insisted once more that there was still time to turn that work into something productive.

After all, mathematics and the calendar remain on the Knicks' side in early March. There are 24 games left, more than a quarter of the season, so there is ample time, in theory, for Coach Herb Williams to wring something productive from a jumbled, undersized roster.

Yet the fragile alliance between math, time and the Knicks' playoff hopes may soon be strained. They are eight losses short of a guaranteed losing record, and probably the same number from ending their shot at a playoff berth.

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=2560

NYKnicks15

Starter
Wow the rain has stopped...i see the sun and a rainbow along with it...im running to the end of the rainbow...OH MY GOD!!! Ive found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow guys!!....its leading me to June 5th draft day!!!! Lottery here we come... ;)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
If we do get the number one overall pick. Which star player is going to come onto this team and turn it around for us? Im not saying this sarcasticly or anything, I just dont follow college that much, so could someone fill me in.

NYKnicks15

Starter
well first were not going to get number one unless Atlanta, charlotte or anyone below us kicks it up these last 20 or so games...if we stay like this well go 7th...

now not stating whats good just for our team but theres Center Andrew Bogut (who i dont like) but hes a high stats player from Utah...theres Rashad McCants a SG from UNC...Chris Paul a PG from Wake Forest...my boy Hakim Warrick from SU....PF Chris Taft so on and so on....believe me i dont think theres any savior in this draft for us and i DO think its a weak depth of a draft....

but I 100% believe Isiah is going to take a chance on the 18-19 year old 7-0 foot center from France Johan Petro with are coaches developing Sweetney (Aguirre and Williams) i think theyll help this kid develop quick (1-2 years)...we need a C and thats what well get through this...

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Well, we are looking for size so the choices would be:

Andrew Bogut
Chris Taft
Hakeem Warrik
James Augustine

And many other centers.

NYKnicks15

Starter
well Bogut will not go as late as were prolly going to get plus im unsure about him still....Taft is a 6-10 pf/c so yea....but Hakim who i love is a 6-8 SF doesnt really fit the bill though....who is james augustine?

but yea its going to be Johan Petro :afro:

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:
well Bogut will not go as late as were prolly going to get plus im unsure about him still....Taft is a 6-10 pf/c so yea....but Hakim who i love is a 6-8 SF doesnt really fit the bill though....who is james augustine?

but yea its going to be Johan Petro :afro:

Augustine is a tall center on Illinois, he has a good post up game,jump hook and is a good rebounder.

NYKnicks15

Starter
ahhh there you go Peachie!!! in reference to the convo in the GS game thread...win as many games without making the playoffs sounds like my kinda plan!!! yup sure is lottery protected :)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
whats the point in making the playoffs this season when we have no chance at doing anything.. when we can have a good, hopefully, tall player from the draft, that way we can do some damage next season. However that doesnt mean i dont want to see us win, lets show heart and hustle, but lets hope other eastern teams do the same thing

by the way, this was my official "changing-sides" post
thanks nyknicks15

NYKnicks15

Starter
ohh wow i totally forgot Coleman. thanks for the reminder, yea ive seen him play and hes alright but i dont even think hes slated to go in this draft. i mean i dont think he put his name in but who has haha...yea i dislike Illinois...yea i believe hes like 6-10 tho if were goin big we mines well get BIG...well and still good of course

augustines stats...26.0mpg 10 ppg 7.0 rpg 1.3bpg .633FG% .792FT% not too great actually...neither are petros but petro is 7 foot, large large wingspan and very athletic...oh and 18 years old.

haha no problem, welcome to the darkside!!! lol yea i was overly optimistic before but got some sense slapped into me. its for the better i guess...

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Augustine is a seven footer out of Illinois. I was watching the game today and he is a great rebounder,good post game with a great jump hook.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp

nbadraft.net has put togethor a "mock draft". It has us with the 7th pick, and us taking Fransisco Vasquez (uh that doesnt sound like a stereotype name". I just hope this guy isnt another Macjei Lampe, he sucked!!

they also have Bogut being taken by the hawks 1st overall, and Petro being taken by the Nuggets 14th.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yeah.. but thats in one of the European leagues, and we all no, thats not the NBA. So its just a question, can he put those stats up with the big boys?

NYKnicks15

Starter
oh most definetely. if we can pull of taking a Center and im gonna stick to my feeling and say were going to get Petro.....and someone with SA picks later in the first preferably another Big man or SG. then NATE ROBINSON!!! in the second itd be the happiest day of my life :)

oh thanks for the image posting help Coleman! that means i have to save every pick on my computer right.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:
oh thanks for the image posting help Coleman! that means i have to save every pick on my computer right.

No, you can add the link to your favorites but you dont have to save it. When you want to post an image just click on the mountain thing under the I sign. Then paste the link of the image and click the mountain again. But when you want to get the link, right click on the image and click View Image.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
haha, im so exited now, im already wanting a Petro jersey, him and Nate Robinson look like the coolest guys ever, also they have nice stats.. its a win-win!!

:jump: