[Article] Kurt Could Be Shelved For 2nd Straight Game

rady

Administrator
Staff member
New York Post said:
knicks03232005069.jpg
The Knicks are in danger of playing a second straight game without iron man Kurt Thomas when the Celtics invade the Garden tonight. Thomas sat out Monday's 88-75 win over the Spurs, did not practice yesterday and remains day-to-day with a left elbow bursitis infection.

"I'm not sure," Knicks head coach Herb Williams said of Thomas' availability tonight. "It's still day-to-day, so we'll see how he feels [today] and then evaluate and go from there."

Thomas, the Knicks' starting center, is a vital cog on the defensive end and running the pick-and-roll with Stephon Marbury. He was replaced in the starting lineup Monday by Malik Rose, who scored 18 points against San Antonio. But against a dangerous Boston team, Thomas' absence could be felt a little more.

"He does so much for us on the basketball court as far as pick-and-roll and defense," Marbury said. "Normally you don't have to double-team with him because he knows how to defend on the low block. We miss him in a whole bunch of different ways."

Read Full

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i accidentally post it there, the db fall again and i forgot i was still there. anyway, i moved it before your reply ;)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
man does Kurt ever make some wierd faces?? having said that though it doesnt seem to affect his performance , so far he has been very consistent this season in all aspects of his game, however i feel that Malik will do a good job tonight if he does start seeing that Atoine Walker doesnt really like to go inside i dont think we will feel his size too much... He, Sweetney and JYD can hang with LaFrentz, Walker, and Blount, we just need to play consistent on the offensive end and not let them go on a big run..

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yea, we were forced to shoot from the outside, because when we got the ball inside, and went for some easy hoops, we got hammered but didnt get the calls... and at the other end, when we touched them on the hand on the perimeter its a foul... crazy!!