what do you think the starting five should be?

akkuma

Rookie
what do you think the starting five should be? IMO: marbury - Q- TT- frye- James with craw off the bench we should be able to make some noise in the atlantic!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
id start sweets over frye....depending on how the size of our opponents (ie if we play the 6ers or something) i might put craw at the 2 and q at the 3. but thatd be rare.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i always wondered what imo meant............
anyways, i would make it like:

1 marbury
2 richardson
3 thomas
4 sweetney
5 james

i would start thomas over ariza because of the mismatches he can create at the 3. im pretty sure he will play better than last year as he stepped his game up over the last half of the season. he can beat up smaller weaker 3s in the post or step out to pop the 3. i would also keep sweetny in the line up because his post game is flourishing and gets to the line almost more than anybody

NYKnicks15

Starter
i agree with that lineup and heres why.

1. Marbury- for obvious reasons. hes a floor general and he creates plays simple as that.
2. Q-Rich- better shot selection and taller than Craw
3. Thomas- I love Ariza but Tims bigger (Ariza is the better defender) he gives us some size and can post up
4. Sweetney- Heres why, incredible rebounder and if he fouls out we have 4 other options. hes 6'8 who cares. so we lose size BUT why would we start frye? whos gonna back up James when hes tired.
5. James- Bigger, stronger, thicker then Frye. Frye can be his reliable back up and even play shared minutes at some points

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
"4. Sweetney- Heres why, incredible rebounder and if he fouls out we have 4 other options. hes 6'8 who cares. so we lose size BUT why would we start frye? whos gonna back up James when hes tired. "

maybe one of the other 7 pf's we have

and i see frye starting at the 4

1 - Stephon Marbury
2 - Jamal Crawford
3 - Quentin Richardson
4 - Mike Sweetney
5 - Jerome James

Tim Thomas would be the sixth man. TT is not that good on defense and doesn't use his nice height to guard players or grab more rebounds.

But still, another foward has to come for New York. Too bad that we already lost Stro and Zy...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i think sweets should start, he has more experience. i think we should start with tim at the 3 and q at the 2 for size. bringing nate, craw/h2o maybe, ariza, name a pf, and frye off the bench and we have a solid energetic young second team to run other teams off the floor.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i dont see crawford and qrich together on the starting line up because we would avg 20 threes per game. i dont like the idea of a 3 guard line up, we need to get as big as possible and we can begin by keeping thomas in the line up

hoop115

Benchwarmer
This is TT's contract year. You better believe that Isiah will play him b/c he knows that TT will be working extra hard this year like any other potential free agent in their contract year. If TT plays well it only adds another bargaining chip for Isiah.

1. Steph
2. QRich
3. TT
4. Sweetney
5. James

Crawford came off the bench alot last year and should continue to do so. I think Ariza will actually be our sixth man this year, unless we trade TT to make room for him as a starter.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
"Crawford came off the bench alot last year and should continue to do so"

he shared alot of time

but #11 was always our starteing SG.....exept for those few games he got injured

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
If we keep Sweetney, then I would start him at the 4. He's our best rebounder, I think even better than KT, that's why I wasn't mad when KT was traded. He also is a better postup scorer, just has to find a way not to pick up stupid foulds and stay on the floor. TT is in a contract year and will pull a Dampier, plus he played like s**t most opf last year so he's gonna have something to prove, so barring trade the lineup will be
PG Marbury
SG Richardson
SF TT
PF Sweetney
C James
I predict Ariza, Frye , Robinson and Lee will steal major minutes from Crawford, Thomas and James sometime during the season cause if Larry's our coach anyone who doesn't play defense rides the bench. Finally saw some summerleague games, Frye is skinny but he tries to block everything, robinson is explosive and Lee looks like a White Dennis Rodman. They all need some time though.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Brian_Coleman_21 said:
Stephon Marbury (Nate Robinson)
Jamal Crawford (Quentin Richardson)
Tim Thomas (??)
Mike Sweetney (David Lee)
Channing Frye (??)

why would you start a rookie when we have James. QRich would be better starting at the two since he gives us that post-up 2 that we need and Ariza is definitely the best guy coming off the bench at the 3.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i dont think colemen watches much basketball if he thinks that frye will be our center and he doesnt no who our #2 sf is

ny3nyk

Rotation player
update:

1. mabury
2. richardson
3. ariza
4. frye
5. james

curry isnt fit to start.....yet. ariza will give us easy scoring in fast breaks/alley oops. crawford still coming off the bench, will get more minutes at pg then sg this year.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
ny3nyk said:
curry isnt fit to start.....yet. ariza will give us easy scoring in fast breaks/alley oops. crawford still coming off the bench, will get more minutes at pg then sg this year.

both Marbury & Crawford have been quoted as saying that Curry is in great shape. He just needs to work off the rust on his game since it's been several months that he's played competitively.

PG Marbury
SG Houston
SF QRich
PF Davis (if week keep him, Frye if we don't)
C Curry