Trade Tim Thomas

What if we trade tim thomas and ariza to the magic for francis. He is an elite point guard, who I think plays better defence than Marbury! Magic is in full chaos and they might go for that trade. :afro:

portega1968

El Cacique
Steve Francis? Yeah right!

I'm on board for trading TT, Penny, Jamal, Sweets, picks and rookies (except Nate) for an allstar-caliber center and PF. I'd also be very happy to have Paul Pierce at SG.

Thing is, any trades will most probably come after the season starts. TT and Penny will definitely be gone by the feb deadline.

Considering what we have and may be able to get, my dream lineup would be:

Steph
Pierce
Ariza
Chandler
Gasol

trading them all would be bad. No way should we trade jamal or sweetney. Also pierce rumors are outdated. Boston will never trade him. Also gasol is expensive and memphis will a hold on tight to this one.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
maglore is not that great.......

like ive been saying for months......u guys are over looking tim thomas.....he is a great player....but u guys keep looking at the ppg and the rpg and not how much burn he gets each game

plus tim is in his last year and will play extra hard to earn his next contract.....unless we can get someone like a shawn marion(rumors made earlier)...then i say no

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i think the smart thing to do is to hold on to thomas and hardaway. we should see how thomas plays throughout the season and trade him for a player that can contribute as much as or better than thomas. if we do trade thomas, it should be for a player with no more than 2 years left. as for hardaway, hes finished with us and we should just let his contract run (last year)

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Tim Thomas is inconsistent, one night he'll score 30 points. Then the next night he'll give ya 7 points.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I agree that we need to make another move or two to really strenghten this team. I like the Gasol possibility, I hear the Memphis might look to move his contract, and I am sure they will want youth and picks in return along with a salary match. I think Frances is a very bad choice since his game is exactly like Marbury's so having them 2 will not make for good chemistry! Gasol is the perfect match for this team, his inside game would be awesome to have and his suspect defense could be improved with Brown's guidence! 2, 7 foot players that can post up and have the ability to kick out to QR, one of the deadliest 3 point shooters in the game..... This is the formula to get us back on the wining track. I would also like to see them either get Al Harrington or Darius Miles as well, to give them a 3 that can take it to the rim and play D.

hometheaterguy said:
I agree that we need to make another move or two to really strenghten this team. I like the Gasol possibility, I hear the Memphis might look to move his contract, and I am sure they will want youth and picks in return along with a salary match. I think Frances is a very bad choice since his game is exactly like Marbury's so having them 2 will not make for good chemistry! Gasol is the perfect match for this team, his inside game would be awesome to have and his suspect defense could be improved with Brown's guidence! 2, 7 foot players that can post up and have the ability to kick out to QR, one of the deadliest 3 point shooters in the game..... This is the formula to get us back on the wining track. I would also like to see them either get Al Harrington or Darius Miles as well, to give them a 3 that can take it to the rim and play D.

Francis is a better rebounder than stephon, esspecially defensively. Pau Gasol is a power-forward, not a pg. The player is a good one, esspecially defensively, but I just do not think he is what Knicks need now. If not francis, another good pg is in denver andre miller. And say NO TO SNOW!!!! The media is talking about 3 way trade knicks, golden state and cleaveland. Then only way it will work is if we give up crawford
We send crawford to golden state
they sent fisher to cleveland
cleaveland sends snow to us.
Snow is not worth that! :afro:

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
yea im down for trading TinyTim. who would want him? who would we be able to get for him? whatever. i was never fond of tt in NY anyway. he is inconsistant, and its annoying. thank god he hit dat winning three pointer to end the knicks losing streak. tt did have a few good dunks and threes, but it won't always b der every night.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Agreed! If we're gonna trade Crawford it's got to be for a quality player. High quality! I actually think Snow would be a not so bad addition to the Knicks, but the cost is unimaginably high. Crawford for Snow? Ahhh.... No. We have enough shooters. We need to focus on big men. Sweets is good but in my opinion not good enough to start. I've said this before. I do think Marbury at the two spot is the best move. Worked for A.I. If Brown is going to move Marbury to the 2 then we need a real point guard. I don't think anyone's really gonna be happy with the next trade. But keep in mind if Starbury plays 2, Snow is the missing link.
Oh yeah almost forgot.
Trade Thomas!

ny3nyk

Rotation player
how bout earl watson? also damon jones, dan dickau, and bob sura(not a free agent yet). all underrated point guards we could use if marbury plays 2. but imo marbury playing the 2 is a bad move. for the following reasons:

1. we got richardson because we were in need of a wing player, we could've done that with marbury earlier in the season

2. our line up would get smaller. either q would start at the 3 or come off the bench. q coming off the bench is a waste of a 3 point threat. he played well in phx as a sf but sg is his more natural position. how would he go up against guys like andrei kirelenko, tayshaun prince, or rashard lewis?!?!?!

3. marbury would go against bigger guys too. 2s like ray allen and vince carter are taller, but strength wise i think marbury could outmuscle them both. still, we are better off with marbury playing point guard

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Marcellus02 said:
i like our ideas :) but i would trade Tim Thomas for Carmelo or Kenyton Martin one of those people
I dont think Denver would give up Melo or K-Mart for Tim Thomas

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Marcellus02 said:
i like our ideas :) but i would trade Tim Thomas for Carmelo or Kenyton Martin one of those people

u really think denver has any interest in tinytim? if the trade workz out, that would b awesome. i highly doubt it would happen.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Cheesyplayer said:
Francis is a better rebounder than stephon, esspecially defensively. Pau Gasol is a power-forward, not a pg. The player is a good one, esspecially defensively, but I just do not think he is what Knicks need now. If not francis, another good pg is in denver andre miller. And say NO TO SNOW!!!! The media is talking about 3 way trade knicks, golden state and cleaveland. Then only way it will work is if we give up crawford
We send crawford to golden state
they sent fisher to cleveland
cleaveland sends snow to us.
Snow is not worth that! :afro:

I know Gasol is a PF and not a PG, nothing in my post stated anything else. Frances and Marbury's game is a carbon copy of eachother. They both are shooting guards traped in a PGs body. They both take horrible shots and dominate the ball on top of that. Frances's defense is better than Steph's but they are pretty much the same player. Andre Miller is a different story! I would take him in a minute, he is a pure 1 and his game is a pure1. His outside shooting is very suspect but with the shooterds the Knicks have, it wouldn't be an issue. You are completly worng on one thing, Gasol, or a similiar player, is a direction the Knicks desperatly need to go in! Who is the Dominate, low post, post up player the Knicks have on their team right now? Malik Rose? Taylor? Tim Thomas???? Don't even say Frye! He has a long way to go and much to prove yet! So who is that low post threat the knicks have that will demand a double team? The last thing the knicks need is a ball hogging guard!! Andre Miller is a different story but not with Steph on the team, we would have to trade him to bring in a pure point guard like Miller. Gasol IS what this team needs. He will get doubled every time he touches the ball, which in turn, will free up the outside shooters for the kick out. He can dominate in the low post and he is 7 feet tall! He is exactly what this team needs!! Wouldn't you feel more secure playing against, say, Detroit with James and Gasol in the low post?