GAME THREAD - 11/9/05 - L - Knicks (95) @ Trailblazers (83)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

10:00 PM, Wednesday, November 9th, 2005​

knicks_logo.gif
NEW YORK KNICKS (0-4)
stephon_marbury.jpg
jamal_crawford.jpg
quentin_richardson.jpg
antonio_davis.jpg
eddy_curry.jpg
MARBURY---CRAWFORD---Q.RICHARDSON---DAVIS---CURRY
VS.
blazers_logo.gif
PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS (2-2)
sebastian_telfair.jpg
sergei_monia.jpg
darius_miles.jpg
zach_randolph.jpg
joel_przybilla.jpg
TELFAIR---MONIA---MILES---RANDOLPH---PRYZBILLA

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Blazers Team Stats
Blazers Team Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i dont like curry starting at the 4, james shouldnt be starting. id like to see frye or taylor to start to take care of randolph.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
theyll both get into foul trouble, but curry is guarding zach while james is guarding joel. big differnece in terms of d.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
isnt the cousin rivalry matchup gonna be fun to watch... i read in "the jump" that marbury lost to telfair in a one on matchup they had. but marbury dominated in their reg season matchups last yr if i recall

NYKnicks15

Starter
yes the cousin rivalry will be fun to watch and i hope marbs knocks sebitchin' on his ass. telfair and his dad need to shut up and make money off their own name and accomplishments (if they can gather any together) and stop relying on Stephon's life to write them books or make them famous...idiots

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I am going to go against the grain and say that I like Curry at the 4 spot. I think with James in the low post with him, it will help both of them with their foul troubles.
Listen, both JJ and Curry still need to get into better shape and that probably will help them more than anything else stay out of foul trouble. It will help improve their stamina and in turn, will help them retain quickness into the latter part of the game.... especially Curry. As far as Curry at the 4, he would plow over most 4's in the game today so I think he would end up at the charity line more and he could bully whom ever is guarding him.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i just dont think curry is in the shape to guard randolphs quickness..but randolph isnt in great shape himself. i think frye would be a better match up with him because frye can hit that mid ranger and is a little quicker on his feet. we'll just see

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
doesnt it make anyone else mad watching vince carter on the highlight reels racking up points and thinking that we easily could have had him - toronto wasnt even asking for much in return - why couldnt isiah have been smart enough to get him? instead he got guys like mo taylor, malik rose, signed james to an MLE, etc...and now hes supposedly working on getting earl watson (unless thats just a rumor made up by someone on this site) - why does isiah keep working on these marginal, useless, maybe even negative deals that will do NOTHING for the team. when he has a chance to land a superstar, he turns him down, but when he hes got a chance to get only a deent player like Q, he jumps at the opportunity.

my 4 year old cousin would have made that trade for vince carter in a heart beat.

NYKnicks15

Starter
how many superstars did Isiah get a chance to land? haha its not like people come crawling to Isiah and say hey we got this guy named Kobe you think you can take him for squat? it was one thing and it was Vince Carter, as yes i would of and anyone else would of made the trade..hes injury prone and maybe thats what Isiah looked out i dont know..i wont defend that move cause i would of done that BUT whats happened has happened...and if we didnt land Malik we wouldnt have Lee so from a negative comes a positive...but this is the trailblazer game thread so let it go...

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
he took a gamble on curry but he was not willing to take one on carter, who arguably is the MOST talented player in the entire league? something seems inconsistent about that.

im not blaming him for not have the opportunity to get guys like kobe or tmac, im blaming him for making USELESS, UNNECESSARY, MARGINAL traades for guys like rose and taylor, and then trying to trade them one year later. im blaming him for wasting MLE's on guys like jerome james and vin baker.

its obviously not his fault that other gm's dont wanna trade away their superstars, because how often does that happen?? and the ONE time that he DID get the offer, he for some retarded reason didnt jump at the opportunity...i dont get it...

its not every day that you get the chance, and then when u do, u dont seize the day...whats up??? wheres your head at???

NYKnicks15

Starter
Curry, Davis, Q, JC, and Steph starting lineup tonight...
Larry said hes primarily doing this to rebuild up JC's confidence more than anything else...doesnt mean hell stay there and DEFINETELY doesnt mean Q will stay at the SF...Larry states he doesnt see Q as a true SF and likes him at the SG...Mo Taylor, damn if hes not starting to look like a KEEPER! haha good first quarter

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Great first half from the Knicks defensively.. Eddy Curry has shown us what he can do when he stays out of foul trouble 7 pts 5 rebs. Marbury has been shooting well, everyone has scored so far except for davis and james... lets pull this one out now!

NYKnicks15

Starter
0-4...disgusting, we lost to the trailblazers!?! and then we have 5 other tougher western teams to come right after another. this should be fun haha notttttt. maybe after this game larry will have a tirade and let that Antonio Davis for Miles/Patterson trade go through..