Isiah makes a statement

NYKnicks15

Starter
Over the weekend Isiah stated publicly that the New York Knicks have only three building blocks, each which are untouchable. Those being Coach Larry Brown, Center Eddy Curry & Power Forward Channing Frye. Meaning everyone else is seemingly available, the Knicks should have a pretty interesting time leading into the trade deadline.

What moves do you think the Knicks will make before deadline? Who will be gone? Who will stay?

Personally I think Curry, Frye, Butler, Crawford and Marbury are the only deadset people to be here after deadline..i think everyone else has a good shot at being shipped out (especially Q, Rose & Nate). We will be persuing a quality SF and well most likely secure the services of Al Harrington if anyone. As for the back up PG? im not so sure, my first choice is Watson but his name has been involved in quite a lot of offers this past week..so well see.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Don't kid yourself, if the Knicks could Mover Marbury, QR and/or JC, they would in a heart beat. I will go as far to say that if a team wanted Marbury and was willing to give cap relief, they would take. Especially if they feel they could land Watson or even Snow.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I agree. Marbury is staying.
It's Deja Vu for Brown, when AI was a PG and tried his best to convert him but ended up moving him to SG with a plethora of trade rumors during the 6 year duration of Larry always trying to trade AI....

I think Steph will end up moving to SG as soon as the knicks pick up a decent PG.
Larry knows that Stephon is the knicks most potent and consistent scoring weapon.
He knows that Steph's D is very good, as the times we have seen larry's decision to have Steph guard more 2 guards, who are all more than 3-4" taller than him.
And at the very least, steph comes and plays hard at LB's practices.

Starks

Starter
Yea Steph is a horrible point guard. But if he was playing the 2, then maybe the media would lay off him a bit. But with Steph playing the 2, then Q-NATE-Jamal, one of them has to get shipped some place else. On a related note though, why isn't Lee getting minutes????? He should be our first forward off the bench. Malik, Taylor, Davis are probably looking less and less apealing to other teams the more time they play.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Knicks don't need to do anything other than eat the contracts of Davis, Rose and Taylor. On top of that let Afernee Hardaway walk after this year. Other than that I prefer to see no moves unless it involves Marbury for Serbiack and Jarvic from Minnesota.

paris401

Starter
Trin_Starr said:
I He knows that Steph's D is very good, as the times we have seen larry's decision to have Steph guard more 2 guards, who are all more than 3-4" taller than him.

are u kidding???- starbury is very good on 'd'.. u ain't watching the same games we are watching... he sux's big time... i've seen games where he gets beat 2-3-4 times on a give and go... a 'f..ing' give and go...

starbury is a good ball-player, in the right enviroment... where that might be is the question... it wasn't as a timberwolve, nor a net, nor a sun... and certainly not as a knick... i'm sure he will find that 'right' situation... ofcourse that might be in 5 or 6 years when he is 34/35 years old...

dabish105

Benchwarmer
I thought that he said none of the young players are going anywhere ? I say QR, MR, PH, MT, AD can all go. Everyone else is younger and i would to stay here

NYKnicks15

Starter
thats what Isiah said recently. more recent is more plausible. As I know Q isnt having a good season here I think you went a little crazy by sayings hes "older"...the mans only 24 for god sakes haha

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Steph's D is horrible...the only environment he would succeed in is a place like Phoenix, where both the PF & C are respectable help defenders. That way if either one of them helps out once Steph gets burned, they can still rely on each other if they get burned. i.e. Parker drives by Steph, Amare steps up to cover an open Parker, Parker passes to Duncan, but Marion switches to help on Duncan, hoping before Duncan can pass it to the open man the defense recovers all b/c of Steph's inability to guard the perimiter.

If they're lucky, they'll get a turnover and throw it upcourt to an already open Steph...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
steph's D is not horrible..the problem wit steph's D is dat he tries to help too much...last time i checked, marbury shut down iverson for his worst game in his career, tell me who could do dat...if u wanna talk about D, holla at crawford..his one on one D is pathetic, which is weird cuz he is quick very long arms...i guess he dont got da dedication to play D but i have seen improvemt from previous years

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Crawfords one on one D has improved dramatically since last year. Guys were blowing by hime at will. This year you see him in a proper defensive stance, arms stretched moving his feet, trying to get over screens and pressing up on D. The only time I thought Crawfords D was suspect was against the Magics where him and Frye were exploited on the pick and roll between Nelson and Garrity and the Hawks game where Johnson dropped bombs on the Knicks.

NYKnicks15

Starter
oh definetely has well documented on this site haha im not the biggest Jamal Crawford fan BUT under larry brown he has honestly improved. i thought once four years go we really know what kind of player you are but after the start of this season my opinion has changed. he seems willing to do what Brown says, improved his D (not great but improved it GREATLY), much much much better shot selection. still not a big fan but he really is a model for this team of what drastic changes need to be made to win.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Listen everyone needs to stop praising Stephon Marbury. The guy has shown he is not a winner and cannot lead this team. He is a major problem spot and does NOTHING to help us win. Anybody that will argue against this is just kidding themselves. Marbury in my opinion is a bust, he will never be a winner and never do anything positive for this organization. I know after I post this people will flip and tell me I'm wrong, but they are just blind and not looking into anything. Marbury hurts us more then he helps us and he should be shipped out. This season was suppose to be a breakout one for him because of all the critics and with LB in town, but he has gotten worse NOT better. He has to go along with Crawford, I would take anything for them as long as it comes with cap relief. I used to love Stephon but he proves to me over and over again that he has no heart, no love for the game, and no leadership. Isiah if you ever wanna win some games and turn NY into a championship team, over half this team has to go and it starts with Steph