Portland put the Trade on the Table..

Portland just Offered Ny Theo Ratliff for David Lee and Antonio Davis or Penny

They also offered Ruben Patterson and Theo Ratliff for Davis and Penny

in my opinion i would take Ruben and Theo for Penny and Davis but i would not trade off david lee..kids a stud!

TheoRatliff_295_050202.jpg
AP16941.jpg
FOR

d1davis012006.jpg
knicks5_resize.jpg

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Sounds good to me, Patterson and Ratliff would add some toughness and D on our team.
So lets ship Penny & Davis out of town

portega1968

El Cacique
We should be able to get something better for those two expiring deals. Once we trade Penny and Antonio, we'd only have the rookies as trade bait.

Taking on Theo and Ruben won't make us champiosnhip contenders... and I'm guessing it will make our cap situation even worse.

Trin_Starr

Starter
That would be the stupidest deal ever
Expiring contracts of Penny and DAvis are worth close to $30mil....
we're just gonna give that away for 2 guys that won't do anything special for the club!!

If Isiah does this deal - he needs to be incarcerated

Agreed....

While on the court this looks like a great deal..... the previous posters are right. Portland is just trying to clear cap space by ridding some contracts for expiring ones. The team just needs to work better together...we don' t need any drastic trades.... although I'm still up for any deal envolving getting something special for Starbury.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I'm not sure what everyone thinks they can get for expiring contracts?!? It's not like KG is waiting to be had for PHs contract! THe sole reason why a team trades a player straight up for contracts is that they are trying to remove that player and their contract from the team. If you want a high level player, you are going to have to add young talent and maybe even futre picks to a contract to get that. This team needs defensive help in a BIG way. If Isiah can get that AND hold onto our young players then I am totally for it. We will NEVER be under the cap so that doesn't even play into the equation. Ratilff will help tremendously! We have a center in Curry that is inconsistant not to mention injured alot. Ratlif could also play the 4 along side of Curry as well as fill in at the 5 when needed. Paterson is used at the 3 and the 2. He will inject the D that is missing at those spots (especially the 2 spot). I would try to see if we could get Miles as well. I am for the PH and AD trade. Keep the young guys and use the contracts to bring in the D we need sooooooo badly. If we are to use a young player to package in with a contract, then yes, we need a better return.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
It sure woukd be better, if we could make a deal like PH and Malik Rose for Ratliff and Patterson, so we could also get rid of a longterm contract, or even better if we could ship out Jerome James' contract.
But there is no deal in teh world, that would turn us into a championship contender.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Ratliff is 33 yrs old - he is not the player LB knew back in Philly in 01 where he averaged 12pts 8boards and 4blks a game...
Patterson is a good Defender.
But all players can be good defenders when they put forth the effort. We don't need him - Once we can get our current players to play hard, the Defense will come.

Isiah should just let the contracts expire if that's all he can get for Davis and Penny.

We need to stop trying to do patchwork on the knicks. Inless its a superstar trade, I say leave the knicks alone - but maybe get a good backup PG...

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea ratliff has three years left at the 11.3 million dollar salary. and im not saying we are or should try to get under the cap. but hes not worth it. i dont think we can get the likes of KG with the expiring contract BUT should we give up an expiring contract and David Lee? hell no.

if larry was GM, this trade would be made in a second. i hope isiah sticks to his guns and pursues other ones. being reasonable, i think isiah should ask toronto for Jalen Rose, Eric Williams and Mike James for our two expiring contracts and Trevor Ariza...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Ratlif? That dosen't sound like a serious offer. I'm surprised any one supports that trade. So Ratif can help but Marbury should be traded? That doesn't sound right. I support a Jalen Rose trade. Penny for Rose! Let's make it happen.

Trin_Starr

Starter
NYKnicks15 said:
i think isiah should ask toronto for Jalen Rose, Eric Williams and Mike James for our two expiring contracts and Trevor Ariza...

Now that would be a decent trade for the knicks -
Isiah should try to see if they go for it with the 2 expirings first. If not then throw in Ariza

Eric williams is definitely an energy player - too bad he didn't like being in Toronto and he wants to be traded so that's good
Last season when he was in NJ he averaged 13pts, 4rebs and 2asts a game.

Rose can flat out score and we all know they are trying to trade him and well Mike James would be perfect at PG while Steph plays more SG...

New raptor mgt - so u never know - they might want to offload...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i hope this trade goes down...theo would be a nice addition to the knicks, a good shot blocker...knicks really need dat..but i dont think trading both expiring contracts is the way to go,unless the knicks get sebastian or webster or even darius miles

NYKnicks15

Starter
i wouldnt do an expiring contract and David Lee if my life depended on it.

i was rethinking this and thought...if we could do Antonio Davis for Theo Ratliff straight up then yes i would do it. its swapping a pf/c for a c/pf and this one can actually block shots on a regular basis. now isiah needs to put his foot down because Portland very well knows if we dont exchange an expiring player for him NO ONE WILL. and wiping off 33.9 for 3 years off their salary cap would be HUGE for them. i say only do this if we dont include Lee. and if we include Lee...get their first rounder in exchange :)

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
First of all, holding on to the contracts and letting them expire will not help the Knicks at all. It would be a total waste!! We will not be under the cap for like another 4 years and Ratliff can help this squad; I agree that I wouldn't send lee in the deal but if it just contracts... Who else is out there that we can get? Everyone that is declining this trade, what other offer is there or could potentially be there?