What would you do if you coached the knicks right now?

NYKnicks15

Starter
Steph says a lot of stuff. and about 95 percent of that i dont agree with haha. he talks a lot. i SUPPORT him but he talks a lot man. "best point guard in the league" ring a bell?...cmon man we all knowww that honor belongs to Eric Snow. haha JUST KIDDING

anyhow the point to my madness IS Steph said in a recent interview that because of the atletic ability and shooting as well the Knicks should not have set plays (unless in important situations) and press the ball much like the suns do. BUT get back on D to slow down the other team.

thats what the captain says...and i have to say i agree.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Finally

"With explosive Steve Francis his new backcourt partner, Stephon Marbury made a plea yesterday to Larry Brown, saying the Knicks coach should set fire to his playbook and let the team run like deer. "I want to go up and down every single time I touch the ball," Marbury said. "With this team, I don't think we should run any set plays. I think we should be pushing the ball every chance we get. We got so many athletic players on this team, so many guys who can make plays. I think we should play run and gun."

Finally a knick player has noticed and stepped up to say it

"Asked if he plans to ask Brown to unleash the offense, Marbury said: "I shouldn't have to go to coach. He knows what we have in terms of personnel. The strengths are what you're supposed to play to. He knows we have two guards who can get up and down the court consistently. We have to put more pressure on the defense."

duh, he is supposobly the best active coach which i dont believe not one bit

Trin_Starr

Starter
as marbury said that - watch how vindicative LB is and how he will degreade him in the papers now...
He might even let francis run the point and keep marbury on the bench - just to f*ck with him!

sad but true

portega1968

El Cacique
Larry did respond, basically saying that there can't be a run-and-gun if there is no defense (rebounding, blocks, steals and limited fouls).

I agree with Stephon...As I said elsewhere, Larry should only focus on defense, which is the area of weakness, and let the talents of Steph, Francis, Rose, Curry, Jamal and the rest take over on offense. They don't need to learn how to score or find shots, they are already quite good at that. Coordination will come from the floor generals.

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro: If I were coaching the knicks now I would:
1) Put Malik Rose and Maurice Taylor on the inactive list
2) Hire an experienced offensive minded assistant coach to install a more uptempo style offense( Westphal, Don Nelson)
3) Frye will be the permanent starter at power forward, with David Lee as his backup.
4) Play more zone "D", with an occasional variataion of a full court press late in quarters-the reason we give up so many open three pointers
is because of our constant switching and poor man to man D
5) Give our shooters-Frye, J Rose, Francis, Marbury, Crawford and Woods
more freedom to take 3's and isolation plays-we are currently last in the league in 3 point attempts that's why we cannot come from behind.
6) We will have a more outside in approach on offense as opposed to inside out, we try to force feed Curry too much which makes us stagnant and throw bad passes
7) Settle on this 10 man rotation:
Starting: PG Marbury SG Francis SF Richardson(for defense) PF Frye
C Curry
2nd unit- PG Robinson SG Crawford SF Woods PF Lee C Butler

With all the athletes we have, we should be a running team that forces turnovers on D and thrives in transition.

This is exactally what I would do if i was Larry Brown:

My starting Lineup would be the same as it has been for the last two game

C- Curry
PF- Frye
SF- Richardson
G- Francis
G- Marbary

First If i was coaching I would make Q stand on the 3 point line just waiting to take jump shots.
Then I will make Marbary and Frye just run pick and roll/pop with eachother til the D starts cheating it. which is then you kick out to Francis who can feed it to Curry or take someone off the dribble.
When Curry is in the post, he can do a strong post move or kick to Q who would be wide open for a 3 because they have to doubble Curry. Q can swing it around the primiter to get francis for an off the dribble move.

My bench would look like this:
PG, Nate
SG, Crawford, Rose
SF, Lee, Woods
PF/C, Mo, Rose

I think that Lee needs to be put higher on the depth chart because when the knicks went on their 6 game streek, Lee was the reason why. He showed great skill and then LB was dumb and stopped playing him.... I dunno why. I think we can survive Mo at the center or even Frye if needed.

From this point on, throughout the rest of the regular season, I would play the guys that want to be out there and that leave it all on the floor. I would play Frye at the Center spot and let him get some experience. I keep reading you guys talk about Frye not being big enough for Center, but he is a kid, he will get bigger and besides, who are you kidding when you talk about defending other Centers... you think Curry has been defending? LOL Frye, Malik, Jalen, Q, and Steve (looks like Steph is going to start having shoulder problems again). Make sure that David Lee and Nate get some minutes off of the bench along with Qyntel... at least those guys are hungry and want to be out there.

alonreppinNY23

Benchwarmer
let the team play basketball, run plays when needed...its not needed to run a play everytime down court...and just play defense....

as they all say defense wins championships...but the knicks doesnt seem to realize that....

just let them play basketball...thats all we need to do

we did it early in the season and it was a success but larry brown went away from it.. i dont know why...