Cato Signed...What does this mean for Frye?

BallHead

Benchwarmer
With Cato signed who do you think should start at center?

Does anyone know what position that Frye & Curry are playing respectively?
Frye is listed as C and Curry as F/C.

Personally I love Frye's game however a couple of things worry me.

1st - At this stage of Frye's career he's a defensive liability when trying to guard the more seasoned PF in the league. He tends to pick up fouls easily; which is understandable at this point.

2nd - Frye has a great outside touch and is a good trailer but his inside game is subpar at the moment. Channing would thrive in a pick and roll style offense. However, it does not appear that Isaiah will be running much pick and rolls. With the new move and cut offense I expect him to pick up a lot offensive fouls and his shooting percentage to go down. Although his assist ratio will go up.

Would it be better to start Curry/Cato at PF/C and bring Frye/Lee off the bench. This would ensure that both lines up have big man that can score. Also you bench team could play almost a different style of the offensive scheme. (Starters=inside game / Bench=outside game)

What are your thoughts?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Cato ant starting. Forgettaboutit!!!!!

Frye should have a good season. If he doesn't we could always trade him for Garnett or Labron James.

tiger0330

Legend
Nothing for Frye

While Cato played some PF for the Houston Rockets, his natural position is C. Cato is one dimensional, a rebounder and shot blocker with no offensive game other than the occasional dunk. He has missed a ton of games over the last couple of years due to injuries and he's not in his prime so he's an insurance backup at C at best.

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Catos mainly there to provide some veteran lockeroom leadership i think.With the exception of the 2 roses,nearly everyone else is 30 or under.On the floor,a backup to Curry at best,cant be much worse than Jerome James i guess.What does it mean for Frye? Shouldnt make much difference to his game.Also,isiahs probably thinking of Francis with this move too,39 against nj.