Why not do a trade instead? (Francis)

NYKnicks15

Starter
This is a continuation of my Steve Francis falling out (buyout) thread. but I bring a new idea to the table.

With Chris Webber also getting a buyout (76ers) and neither having ANY trade value. And both players rumored to be signing with the other team AFTER their buyouts..

why dont Billy King and Isiah Thomas team up and ship their crap to each other.

Ship Webber and his 20 mill this year. 22 mill the following to the Knicks
for Francis and his 15 mill this year. 16 the next and 17 the last to the 76ers.

wed have to send another player such as philly hometown native Malik Rose with it but who cares.

a francis trade elsewhere is impossible. but what do you think? with them having Miller too i dont see why they want Francis to begin with unless rumors are true of them sending him to the Cavs but its worth a try.

paris401

Starter
This is a continuation of my Steve Francis falling out (buyout) thread. but I bring a new idea to the table.

With Chris Webber also getting a buyout (76ers) and neither having ANY trade value. And both players rumored to be signing with the other team AFTER their buyouts..

for Francis and his 15 mill this year. 16 the next and 17 the last to the 76ers.

wed have to send another player such as philly hometown native Malik Rose with it but who cares.

a francis trade elsewhere is impossible. but what do you think? with them having Miller too i dont see why they want Francis to begin with unless rumors are true of them sending him to the Cavs but its worth a try.

from our side, i'd do it, as we get rid of dead wood one year earlier, as webber's contract has one more year, franchise has two..

but since phila is blowing up their team, why would they want to add one more year of contract... if anything they want a expiring contract now, or keep webber for just one more year..

it's not easy being a G.M...

Starks

Starter
I would do it. It gets us cap relief a year earlier. I tried telling u guys b4 that we should trade Webber. In the modern NBA; salaries come before stats/talent when it comes to making trades

Francis only rivals the Camby trade as the worst I have even seen the knicks do in my lifetime.

Remberer when he used to be a cover athlete for NBA Live???

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't really see the point. We would trade a guy we are not using for a guy we wont be able to use. Four years ago I'd be all over this trade but the days of CWeb have ended. May be the trade could work for Cap relief but Webber would slow us down.

paris401

Starter
I don't really see the point. We would trade a guy we are not using for a guy we wont be able to use. Four years ago I'd be all over this trade but the days of CWeb have ended. May be the trade could work for Cap relief but Webber would slow us down.

yep agree... it would be done to save 1 year... but can phila be that stupid??

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer

I had the same thought when I read about the planned buyouts yesterday.
Would be good for us because C-Webb's contract runs out in 2008. If Philly would be stupid enough to do it, Isiah should transport Francis by barrow over there :)

metrocard

Legend
I would do it. It gets us cap relief a year earlier. I tried telling u guys b4 that we should trade Webber. In the modern NBA; salaries come before stats/talent when it comes to making trades

Francis only rivals the Camby trade as the worst I have even seen the knicks do in my lifetime.

Remberer when he used to be a cover athlete for NBA Live???

EXACTLY. Its sad some people here don't realize that.