40 More games....Whats your predictions?

BallHead

Benchwarmer
The last 5 games have left me scratching my head. Seeing that we are half way through the season I got to thinking; I asked myself, given the overall performance of the first half, how many more wins does this team have in them?

I believe that they have at least 10 more wins but not more than 15.

What are my reasons for this?
- More intense play around the league. Every team will be stepping it up.
- Injuries..Injuries..Injuries. Now is the time that people are lost for the season.
- Inexperience will now begin to cost this young team.

So my prediction is...
- We'll end the season between 28-33 wins.
- Isaiah will be retained with an even shorter leash.
- That there will be three categories of players heading into the summer.

1st) Untradeables - Curry, Lee, Balkman, Q-Rich (back)
2nd) Preferrably not trade, but would - Marbury, Crawford, Rose
3rd) Lets make a deal!!! - Frye, Robinson, Collins, James, Francis, Jeffries

NYKnicks15

Starter
Our schedule looks like so..
(*=Home games)

January- Suns*, Heat*, Bucks, Lakers, Bobcats

February- Magic, Clippers*, Jazz, Lakers, Warriors, Magic*, 76ers, Bucks*, Nets, Heat*, Celtics

March- Warriors*, Atlanta, Seattle*, Wizards, Raptors, Hornets*, Raptors*, Dallas*, Portland*, Cavs, Magic*, Cavs*, Mavs, Hornets

April- 76ers*, Twolves*, Bucks, Detroit*, Bulls, Nets, Raptors, Nets*, Bobcats

its a tough schedule ahead. a lot of these teams have injuries to their key players and who knows exactly when theyll be back. but if i had to look at this and guess how many wins we could get.. disregarding potential trades, injuries or recoveries.. i think we have the chance to win about 15-25 more out of the 39 remaining games. and we have 18 at home which should help. not sayin we will win that many but we have a chance.

33-49 at worst
43-39 at best

GetRealistic

Starter
Our schedule looks like so..
(*=Home games)

January- Suns*, Heat*, Bucks, Lakers, Bobcats

February- Magic, Clippers*, Jazz, Lakers, Warriors, Magic*, 76ers, Bucks*, Nets, Heat*, Celtics

March- Warriors*, Atlanta, Seattle*, Wizards, Raptors, Hornets*, Raptors*, Dallas*, Portland*, Cavs, Magic*, Cavs*, Mavs, Hornets

April- 76ers*, Twolves*, Bucks, Detroit*, Bulls, Nets, Raptors, Nets*, Bobcats

its a tough schedule ahead. a lot of these teams have injuries to their key players and who knows exactly when theyll be back. but if i had to look at this and guess how many wins we could get.. disregarding potential trades, injuries or recoveries.. i think we have the chance to win about 15-25 more out of the 39 remaining games. and we have 18 at home which should help. not sayin we will win that many but we have a chance.

33-49 at worst
43-39 at best
I've been a frequent visitor to this site. But never really posted, but as of late I couldn't take reading the posts you guys made. I literally almost crapped my pants when I read the above post that said we could possibly end the season with a 43-39 record. I know we're all fans but lets get real, 43-39 would an absolute miracle. We're 18-25... sure we had some hard luck loses as of late but lets not forget the lucky wins we had... (@Denver, Utah, and Charlotte) it’s all evening out.

As far as my predictions go... My pessimistic Knicks fan side says maybe we can pull out 35 wins, but the Knicks fan whose suffered ever since Patrick Ewings trading thinks winning 30 may be a challenge. My biggest goal is to not give Chicago a top 5 pick.

As far as what I’d like to see to finish the season.

Eddy Curry realizes he's 6'11 280 and grabs us 8 rebounds a game

Crawford goes back to playing how he was the second half of last season. If you remember back he was actually one of the only guys that bought into the Larry Brown system. Crawford has all the talent in the word but needs to realize this isn't the And 1 mix tape it’s the NBA. Cut the turnovers down and shoot high percentage shots and he could be a legit top 10 combo guard.

Jeffries look like he's played the game of basketball before

That’s it for now.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
The knicks will make 35 wins if marbury isnt out for too long. Does any one know ow long he is out for???
The knicks have been unlucky of late, and deserve to have won at least one of the games we lost by 1 point.
Say for some reason we go on a losing streak in the next ten games, i believe they shoud give players like Crawford, and Q-Rich, and James, and francis alot more playing time, as these are the players we should try and trade. Crawford and QRICH have some trade value, so if they play well we could gain quality players. But Crawford needs to go he is way to unpredictable.

The knicks could be better next year, but as a knicks fan my hopes arent that high. But in saying that, there is a slight chance we can make the playoffs, slight.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
It's tough to say how well the team will do because thay are so inconsistant. 23-0 in the first quarter of the Miami game is crazy. I'm still waiting on a winning steak. A real one, not just 3 games. 4 or 5 game streak is what we need. If this happens I'd say they could win 37 games.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
in the best case scenario, knicks will finish can and have the ability to finish 500. its not great, but its a start to kick off another season with some new players and a little momentum.

will 125

Rookie
the knicks need to make a trade before the trade deadline if they even think of making the playoffs. We could trade Qrich, Crawford, Robinson or Jeffries for equal or greater value.

NYKnicks15

Starter
hey Get Realistic, get a clue. do you read entire posts before responding?

"33-49 at worst. 43-39 at best"

AT BEST. that is saying if we play the best we can, and we win games somehow the best we can be is four games over 500. how is that not realistic? its not like i am saying we are going to be in the eastern conference finals. 26-13 does some crazy but AT BEST it could happen.

just like at worst 33-49 could happen.

metrocard

Legend
hey Get Realistic, get a clue. do you read entire posts before responding?

I doubt he does.

To me the season is dead. All I can hope for is we trade for more draft picks and expiring contracts. I'm still hoping cause I'm a fan. But I've lost faith in Isiah a long time ago.

paris401

Starter
don't see any trades for expiring contracts. we have to trade a contract for equal value (more or less), and doubt anyone wants to take a 2/3 or 4 year commitment for one that is expiring..

nope we are going deep into the playoffs this year, and win it all next year with the this roster.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
This team has been playing with alot of hustle as of late..I give them that. But as they have had troubles in the past this team cannot seem to finish. Yeah they should've beaten Phx this past week, as will the Bucks. But its 2 loses at the end of the day. This Knick team has the potential to win I'd guess and say 38 games....and actually win the Atlantic Division. Because the entire division is shitty. There is no front runner for the Atlantic at this point, hell I thought the Nets or maybe even Boston would win it, but it seems like no one really wants to win the crappiest division in the NBA.

Someone has to win it...and the KNICKS very well have a really good shot to do that...I mean hell they took Phx to the brink by playing the half court game..when they got away from it is when they began to lose. To me that is saying something even when it looks like it isn't saying much at all...

I still say this team is crappy and isn't shit, but I'm not one for ignoring the obvious this team has a real shot.

And in NY hustling means more than winning....