knicks should trade curry for kaman, and crawford for

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
desmond mason or if we could possibly pull it off Artest. Knicks should also ditch francis' contract, i am sick and tired of watching lose because the dont mesh as a team, i think pulling off some trades like this would mesh the knicks team, and we would be alot better for it. It would also ditch some salary cap space. And since Kaman and Mason to proven players values are at all time lows, and curry and crawford are at all time highs I think it is very possible we could pull it off.

Knicks shouldn't change coach, as I think isiah has been a good coach. And we should keep Marbury until his contract ends, I want some more fresh blood, and dont think the knicks should renew any contracts except Lee and Balkman. I like the knicks future if they keep it simple. We are set for a first round draft pick which we also be good in the future.

Qrich also needs to go, his back is too unpredictable, I think we could make a nice package with him.

Team

Marbury - points, assits, three
Mason - points, assist, drive to the basket
Frye - points, blocks
Lee - rebounds, steals, tough matchups
Kaman - all round defence

I think this is a team I would love to see on paper, we also could have some quality backup players. Knicks need someone like Kapono, or Barry

NYKnicks15

Starter
youre serious?..

first off Curry is the future of this team like it or not. his value is too high to trade him for a Caveman which by the ways contract doesnt equal his. The only way id trade Curry to the Clippers is if we got both Kaman (who becomes a free agent next year) and Maggette for him.

Crawford for Artest I wouldnt mind at all. contracts are similar but.. Sacramento would want another Shooting Guard when they have Kevin Martin. and Desmond Mason? riightt.

You wouldnt renew channing fryes or nate robinsons contracts?.. like them or not they still have good value.

im trying to stick to topic so ill end it there. but i dont agree.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
how u going trade curry for kaman, and i wont trade crawford for mason, crawford could finish in the fast break just as good as mason, it might not be an explosive dnk but two points is two points

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
fans always wanta quick fix, but its not going to happen, and those were some of the worst trade ideas I have ever heard, lets not be so quick to elect curry into the hall of fame i love curry but i mean he is an offensive foul waiting to happen this guy got 1 fricken rebound in a game earlier this year, im a huge fan , but being realistic is part of being a fan, not being blind to it. He may have got ripped,but he didnt make it,hopefully it will makehim better, and lets go 26-15 in the 2nd half

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
youre serious?..

first off Curry is the future of this team

Curry is not the future, this is our main centre, he plays 30+ minutes and is fed the ball all the time, the only thing he is good for is his offence.

Ranks #33 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(329.0)
Ranks #4 in the NBA in Total Turnovers(162.0)
Ranks #8 in the NBA in Turnovers Per Game(3.45) Ranks #6 in the NBA in Turnovers Per 48 Minutes(4.82)
Ranks #41 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per Game(4.6)

thats from our no1 centre. he needs to be traded thats the thing who would take him, we need an okafor type centre, camby, kaman, ......

crawford has 15 attempts per game, and he shoots less than 40%

GetRealistic

Starter
desmond mason or if we could possibly pull it off Artest. Knicks should also ditch francis' contract, i am sick and tired of watching lose because the dont mesh as a team, i think pulling off some trades like this would mesh the knicks team, and we would be alot better for it. It would also ditch some salary cap space. And since Kaman and Mason to proven players values are at all time lows, and curry and crawford are at all time highs I think it is very possible we could pull it off.

Knicks shouldn't change coach, as I think isiah has been a good coach. And we should keep Marbury until his contract ends, I want some more fresh blood, and dont think the knicks should renew any contracts except Lee and Balkman. I like the knicks future if they keep it simple. We are set for a first round draft pick which we also be good in the future.

Qrich also needs to go, his back is too unpredictable, I think we could make a nice package with him.

Team

Marbury - points, assits, three
Mason - points, assist, drive to the basket
Frye - points, blocks
Lee - rebounds, steals, tough matchups
Kaman - all round defence

I think this is a team I would love to see on paper, we also could have some quality backup players. Knicks need someone like Kapono, or Barry

Are you serious man? I'm hoping this is just a trigger reaction to us being slammed by the Bobcats. But you want to trade our leading scorer who still has the prime of his career to come for Chris Kaman? You've got to be out of your mind.

Curry doesn't rebound well and committs turnovers but he's our number one offensive threat. Look how much he improved over last summer if he improves just half that much again this year Hes going to be a 24 ppg game. He is the one untouchable guy on this team.

Now for your second trade Crawford for Mason. I"m one of the few Crawford fans on this site. He makes shitty decisions but he has one thing you can't teach, ability to perform in the clutch. That being said I wouldn't be heartbroken if he was traded. But not for Desmond Mason. What does Desmond Mason give this team. Another good defensive player with lackluster offense. Pretty sure Balkman and Jeffries fit that bill.

Your projected Starting lineup is

Marbury
Mason
Frye
Lee
Kaman

I don't see that lineup has one true scorer. We'd probably average 80 points a game.

Finally having a shooter like Jason Kapono would be nice but how do you propose were going to get him. Cause I"m pretty sure the heat will be holding on to him.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Let's put this plain and clear....trading Curry for Kaman straight up....trading for Kaman straight up sounds like a Dice for Camby deal all over again. Kaman is not what we need. If this trade happens then every knick fan would go jump off a bridge...

Let me tell you something. Eddy Curry is an all star who didnt make the team and jamal crawford is the best player that we have. Chris Kaman will never be half the player that Eddy Curry is, and dont even get me started on desmond mason.

My Thoughts about the trade deadline

Listen everybody I'm new on this forum with this being my first posting. Everyone will have their idea of the perfect trade but I think that is the last thing we need right now. The reason why the knicks have been below average for the past 4 years is because we always try to do quick fix after quick fix.......enough with it already keep everybody we have and if the perfect trade comes about so be it. The only trade I would like to see is ship francis out of town for some expiring contracts although that is probably impossible...Also we should try and acquire some draft picks if it's possible because this is supposed to be the best draft in NBA history....Curry showed amazing stuff in the game tonight against Orlando proving to the entire NBA that he was screwed over and should have been on the all-star team. I'm a season ticket holder and go to everyhome game and let me tell you we still loose many games we shouldn't and have a long long ways to go but this team never dies anymore and thats one thing we couldn't say for the past 4 years so I'm happy with where we are at...But we can't loose to the NETS for example because those are statement games!!! Let me know what you guys think.....Knicks NBA Champs 2009?? We MUST START CLEARING CAP SPACEEEEEEEEE

potski

Rookie
kaman for curry:
i cant imagine it, its bad in so many levels. first of all kaman was the hot center prospect of last year, but since signing that extension, the clips havent been getting the same production he had on his contract year. Curry practically replaced replaced Kaman as the next center prospect to the tune of being an all start snub (better than not being condiered i guess). I just cant see this one being good for the Knicks. Include corey or shaun then MAYBE it can be considered.

crawford for mason
Does this need any explanation?Really? Its like trading a PS3 for a gameboy. not the colored version, sp or any of the new stuff.im talking about the first gameboy edition here. its bad, really!

On the other hand trading crawford for artest is a good idea. But its just wishful thinking. Maybe if the knicks include jeffries, frye or robinson then this can be considered.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Kamans plus? It basically comes down to defense. Sure Kamans is better but Eddys will get there in time. Hes rebounding better and hes starting to improve his D. Little at a time but he is. Those workouts with Cato are helping.

Eddys plus? POWER. This kid is going to be THE best low post presence in the league in years time. Dwight Howard right there with him but as you saw the other night Eddy is still more powerful. Kaman likes to shoot or layup but Eddy likes to finish. Get to the line. Id rather have a sure dunk over a shoot in the paint anyday.

and after this last game... can we just say discussion ended? haha

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
I will admit, Curry is performing alot better than Kaman. But i cant believed how all of you dismissed this straight away. Knicks always lose to teams with big pf, and that is because we do not have a strong presence of d. I think Curry will get better, but i really want a quality shot blocker. Today Curry stats look better than kaman, but Kaman only played 23 minutes and got 14 points and 6 rebounds, and 1 block. Curry played 40 and got 23 points, 7 rebounds, and 0 blocks plus turnovers.

Curry is good a certain stay but if he is we need that strong Kaman type player, maybe steve Hunter, but someone better. We cant get these players cheap, so that means we might hae to give away some one good. I think we should try and get ron artest and kenny thomas for crawford, and frye. How about that??????????. other than Marbury at the point and Curry at centre, im not pleased with anything else on the knicks team except lee coming of the bench.

metrocard

Legend
Eddys plus? POWER. This kid is going to be THE best low post presence in the league in years time. Id rather have a sure dunk over a shoot in the paint anyday.

Not a smart statement. 2 points is 2 points. A shoot in the paint? I don't even know what that is.

The best low post presence in the NBA? Curry is the worst low post precense defensively. Where is that power on defense? Dwight Howard is extremely one dementional like Curry, he relies on dunks all the time. Orlando is a dumbass team for running their offense threw him, thats why they score so little points. Dwight Howard though is a good defender. He's good on both sides of the court in the low post. This is why Howard made the all star team and Curry didn't. POWER? Where's Curry's power on the rebounding...man defense...help defense. How can he be the best overall really? Offensively, he's pretty good, one dementional, but good. I think you forgot Yao plays in the NBA. Greg Oden right now is better than Curry.

And honestly, I don't even like Kaman, but he's multi dementional and Curry isn't. Curry is overrated, and by the end of this season, when you come to reality and realize our record, you'll see why I'm right.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Now I see why no one gets along with you on here man. You dont target the issue you target the individual person and try to clown them. i dont mind criticism AT ALL but hating is a different situation. ill respond anyway..

a SHOT in the paint smart ass. i put an extra O.. SPARE ME. And no, two points isnt two points when a dunk is usually a sure thing compared to a SHOT from 5-8 feet away that isnt sure to go down. EXAMPLE, Kaman 44% from the field.. Eddy? 58%. thats what i mean. so he dunks or moves under the basket. Who cares? hes a center thats what he needs to do. not stand 10 feet away.

okay and lets read before we talk man, "THIS KID IS GOING TO BE". not RIGHT now. GOING to be. okay? got me? once Curry gets his D up and rebounding (even though he gets 7 rebounds per game at this point) he will be the best. Yes Yao is very good as well and will be the best once Shaq finally goes down but how long before Yao breaks down too? Yao will be THE center in the West and Eddy will be THE center in the East.

and Oden has a bright future ahead of him. yes. he rebounds, he defends, he scores. great. hell be incredible too. untillll he realizes he cant rely on his size in the NBA cause if that was the case Jerome James would be the best center in the league. Oden has about two moves under the basket thats all. hell develop, but itll take a year or two. so i cant say that right now he is better than Curry.

but regarding a clippers trade... i say forgot Kaman and lets trade for the disgruntled Corey Maggette. Im sure if we throw a package together that consists of Jared Jeffries, Channing Frye and Nate Robinson we could get Corey and Shaun Livingston. Coach Dunleavy is ready to give up on both of them.

GetRealistic

Starter
;NYKnicks15 29239 said:
Now I see why no one gets along with you on here man. You dont target the issue you target the individual person and try to clown them. i dont mind criticism AT ALL but hating is a different situation. ill respond anyway..

a SHOT in the paint smart ass. i put an extra O.. SPARE ME. And no, two points isnt two points when a dunk is usually a sure thing compared to a SHOT from 5-8 feet away that isnt sure to go down. EXAMPLE, Kaman 44% from the field.. Eddy? 58%. thats what i mean. so he dunks or moves under the basket. Who cares? hes a center thats what he needs to do. not stand 10 feet away.

okay and lets read before we talk man, "THIS KID IS GOING TO BE". not RIGHT now. GOING to be. okay? got me? once Curry gets his D up and rebounding (even though he gets 7 rebounds per game at this point) he will be the best. Yes Yao is very good as well and will be the best once Shaq finally goes down but how long before Yao breaks down too? Yao will be THE center in the West and Eddy will be THE center in the East.

and Oden has a bright future ahead of him. yes. he rebounds, he defends, he scores. great. hell be incredible too. untillll he realizes he cant rely on his size in the NBA cause if that was the case Jerome James would be the best center in the league. Oden has about two moves under the basket thats all. hell develop, but itll take a year or two. so i cant say that right now he is better than Curry.

but regarding a clippers trade... i say forgot Kaman and lets trade for the disgruntled Corey Maggette. Im sure if we throw a package together that consists of Jared Jeffries, Channing Frye and Nate Robinson we could get Corey and Shaun Livingston. Coach Dunleavy is ready to give up on both of them.

I agree with you completely that Metro is a tool, that he has his beliefs but doesn't listen to the opinions of everybody else. He hates Isiah, which I really can't blame him for, what Knicks fan doesn't hate him 80% percent of the time. But as much as you hate him we're one game away from matching the amount of wins we had last year. And before you say the record is still bad I totally agree, but if you actually expected this team to be a contender in the East you were delusional. That fact I've seen some progress this year is just a good sign.

You always bash Curry for what he isn't. But you never give him credit for what he is. He's the best low post scorer in the East. He draws double teams and as of late has been passing better. He gets the opposition’s frontcourt in foul trouble a lot of games, and he's giving us 40 min a game. Progress Metro... Curry has progressed in every area of his game this year.
Even though he's rebounding is lackluster, and his help defense is bad. I really do think he'll improve on that. He's still young despite being in the league for a while now.

As far as your Greg Oden comment, all I have to say is that he's not in the league. He will be a good player but I don't think he's going to have a Tim Duncan first year impact. Plus Oden won't be a Knick. Even if we didn't have Curry we wouldn't have a record as bad as Philly, Charlotte, and Memphis.

Now to NYKnicks15 trade suggestion:

Jeffries, Frye, Nate for Maggette and Livingston

If the Clippers were stupid enough to do this absolutely I'd do it. But there is no chance they would do this. Maybe Their sick of Maggette but they aren't giving up Livingston. No way, a 6'7 PG that’s 21 years old and from what you saw last night can obviously play. And do we really want Maggette maybe if we could steal him away for something. But I really don't think he's that good of a player.

potski

Rookie
You always bash Curry for what he isn't. But you never give him credit for what he is. He's the best low post scorer in the East. He draws double teams and as of late has been passing better. He gets the opposition’s frontcourt in foul trouble a lot of games, and he's giving us 40 min a game.

Amen to this. Curry is a low post presence. Many teams would kill a for this because it causes a shift on the defense because you need to double team. It allows you to play good half court basketball. As for Kaman, he has not proven to be a good low post presence let alone a good low post scorer. He does not command a double team. Yes he can play defense but compared to Curry there is not much difference.

If we can get magette and livingston for frye and others that would be great. Having livingston allows steph to play more of a slasher two guard. He is a great drive draw/kick player. And on defense, play on the opposing team's pg and livingston can guard the sg. No mismatch for the knicks.

metrocard

Legend

Now you're mad. You're taking personal shots cause you can't save yourself out of this debate. Tough break now. LOL...I honestly don't give a shit what people here think about me...I've got enough friends offline, and Maddie/Homer seems to be one of the few Knick fans in here who are reasonable and see whats going. Knick fans like you have your head up Isiah's ass and when the season is over you take your head out of his ass and realize "Oh shit what the fuck just happend? Oh you mean Curry and Crawford couldn't carry the Knicks to the playoffs? What is Isiah's plan? Where are our lottery picks?". You're a mess man. Your debating skills are inferior considering they're based off anger and frustration instead of logic and information. LOL @ me rhyming and styling on you while debating. This isn't going to be a debate...call it a slaughter.

Two points isn't two points? Shut up already. They are missed lay ups and missed dunks. It isn't a sure thing, but point blank range is a high percentage shot.

You still haven't explained what a shoot is over a point.

He's going to be? How, you can't see the future. Stop predicting and start laying down some facts.

Once Curry gets up his D? How? Are you a 12 year old? You're honestly making zero sense right now.

Curry has never improved his defense, accually it has gotten worse each year. You probably never seen Curry balled in Chicago. He's the same player who's been force feeded minutes.

LOL, how long will it be before Yao breaks down is your best agruement? No wonder why you get bitched by noobs in this forum. Eddy Curry has heart problems and suffers from weight problems. In 4-5 years from now Curry will be a back up due to his physical condition. Tell your boy to lay off the burgers and continue to get in better shape if he ever wants to think about being a starting center for the rest of his career. Trust me kid, Yao has another 5-8 years in this league. He has too much skill, talent, desire and size to not be productive in this league. If he didn't, he would be another big man lottery stiff.

Curry is better than Okafor and Dwight Howard? Okafor and Howard are already as good offensive players as Curry and they've only been in the league for about 2-3 years. Curry has been in the league for about 6 years. Defensively Curry is the weakest center in the NBA and his rebounding his pathetic. Forget his rebounding numbers (7 in 33-35 minutes a game isn't impressive) he gets out rebounded by everyone. He's also one of the worst turnover prone big men in the NBA. Plus, if you look at his production for turnovers he's honestly weak.

Okafor
15 ppg
11 rebs
3 blks a game
Under two turnovers a game(He doesn't even get alot of touches, if he did, he would average 20 points a game)

Okafor doesn't have potential? He's already one of the best defensive bigs in the NBA, his offense is consistant and has potential. When Okafor hits the 20 ppg mark, he'll get consideration for MVP. Eddy Curry will never be considered for MVP. He's one dementional. Terrible defensively. Turnover prone.

Okafor is a better big man, player and center than Curry. Please, your agruement was weak. You think Curry is the best center in East now and in the future cause you believe he will be? Keep dreaming fool.

Dwight Howard
Almost 18 ppg
12 rebs
2 blks

Please...Howard's potential is insane. How will Curry be the best center in the East when Howard is in the East? Curry has never been better than Howard. Howard averages almost 18 ppg on DUNKS. His post game isn't even polished yet. When Howard expands his post games, he has the ability to average 25 ppg. Curry cannot do this, cause he's one dementional. Curry is what he was 6 years ago.

Even Andrew Bogut is a better all around center than Curry, and most centers in the East are.

Oden is a better overall talent than Curry. He does everything Curry cannot do. You don't even need to get Oden invovled in the offense to get him to score. Oden is a once in a life time type of center. Eddy Curry is a rich man's Maurice Taylor.

If you're going to build your team around Eddy Curry you're not going to win games. It happend in Chicago and now its happending in New York.

Shaun Livingston isn't going anywhere, try again. Why would we need Corey? His defense his poor, he's only good at scoring. We need defense and more alert players. Corey isn't one of them.

GetRealistic, I've owned you in another thread you've yet to respond to, don't embarass yourself here again.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Kaman is a diaster compared to Curry. This would never happen, cause the GM who traded Curry who be ostracized from planet Earth. Wake up, Kaman is a totally lame player who got a big contract and is doing nothing. A center who shoots 44%? And has no post moves to speak of? Whatever, this must be some sort of April's Fools prank.