[Star Ledger] Curry: I'm Out If Isiah Is Fired

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Whatever measuring stick Knicks owner James Dolan uses to determine Isiah Thomas's future with the team, he might want to consider the wishes of his best and most promising player.

Eddy Curry, the franchise's 24-year-old cornerstone, said that if Dolan fires Thomas, he would want to follow him out the door.

The declaration came late Tuesday night, when Curry was asked if he would be surprised if Thomas didn't return next year. Curry said he would be surprised, and added that he would be very unhappy about it, too.

"I'd be shocked, I'd be (angry), I'd be a lot of things," he said. "I'd be trying to get out of here."

Curry, who was speaking after the Knicks defeated the Clippers, was asked if he was completely serious.

"Definitely," he said. "I'd be on my way out."

http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/6477/curry-im-out-if-isiah-is-fired.html

paris401

Starter
what loyalty... if I.T. does get the axe, and the knicks refuse to trade him, lets see him decline to come into camp and sit out, losing his 8.9m salary...
now that will be loyalty...

Starks

Starter
This isn't a knock on Curry, but I am sick to death of players refusing to play for teams they don't want to be on. Every month there is a player out there who refuses to play for a team he doesn't choose to be on. Nothing boils me more.

I had more shitty jobs than anyone can count, and still showed up for work each and everyday. I may have bitched and slacked off (as u all have seen me do regualry at work with my constant posts), but i still did my job.

I wish i had a chance to get millions to play for a shitty team. I dont care what anyone says, all players are employees of the NBA. If they don't like it, they can go join the ABA with Rodman. End of story.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
This isn't a knock on Curry, but I am sick to death of players refusing to play for teams they don't want to be on. Every month there is a player out there who refuses to play for a team he doesn't choose to be on. Nothing boils me more.

I had more shitty jobs than anyone can count, and still showed up for work each and everyday. I may have bitched and slacked off (as u all have seen me do regualry at work with my constant posts), but i still did my job.

I wish i had a chance to get millions to play for a shitty team. I dont care what anyone says, all players are employees of the NBA. If they don't like it, they can go join the ABA with Rodman. End of story.

I agree with you man! The sad thing that professional sports does to its players is it takes the innocence out of the game...Although NatRob maybe borderline crazy and makes stupid mistakes, he absolutely loves playing ball...I have heard a couple stories about him wanting to "bunk" with his teammates to build chemistry during his rookie year and he when a fan wanted his autograph, he went into a nearby store to get her a pen for his sig! Some NBA players wouldn't even gives their fan their sig b/c they fear that it might hurt their sig's value! I think NatRob still has that appreciation of where he is and most professional athletes forget how fortunate they are being where they are at! I am a teacher and a coach and to just see these kids dreams of being professional athletes one day should be something that never is lost in all of these players! They have the greatest jobs in the world!
So Eddy, I like the obedience and honesty, but you should ve shown it in a more positive way.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
This is what we call LOYALTY. If anyone hates on the fact that he's loyal to his coach then you need to look deep inside yourself and ask..."Am I a loyal knick fan?" If the knicks changed there name to the New Jersey Nets and the New Jersey Nets to the Knicks...who would you run with? Loyalty would answer that for you..."I hope you like NJ because that's where you're going to go watch your games from now on." That's what loyalty will tell you. I'm proud of him...he's becoming more and more of a vocal leader. He's taken leaps upon improvement and has past most of our expectations even though he still doesn't rebound and play defense but they are somewhat improving also. As all common knick fans we have to realize...this is basically the same roster (with the exception of jeffries, balkman, and collins). This team is about to reach the same total in wins as of all of last year under LB. And Isiah has trashed this team? I think not....I'm just glad Eddy is speaking out...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im glad to see curry supports isiah, hes been a good coach and a DECENT gm i know i mite be the only basketball fan who feels this way but i do agree at the same time that with the money these players are makin they need to shut up and play

Allen

Benchwarmer
I'm glad that Curry is loyal to IT. That said, this is the most defense Curry has displayed all season. Well, at least thats something.

paris401

Starter
This is what we call LOYALTY. If anyone hates on the fact that he's loyal to his coach then you need to look deep inside yourself and ask..."Am I a loyal knick fan?" If the knicks changed there name to the New Jersey Nets and the New Jersey Nets to the Knicks...who would you run with? Loyalty would answer that for you..."I hope you like NJ because that's where you're going to go watch your games from now on." That's what loyalty will tell you. I'm proud of him...he's becoming more and more of a vocal leader. He's taken leaps upon improvement and has past most of our expectations even though he still doesn't rebound and play defense but they are somewhat improving also. As all common knick fans we have to realize...this is basically the same roster (with the exception of jeffries, balkman, and collins). This team is about to reach the same total in wins as of all of last year under LB. And Isiah has trashed this team? I think not....I'm just glad Eddy is speaking out...

i am all for loyalty... but IF thomas is canned, and the knicks say no to curry's trade demands, will he come to camp, or sit home without being paid...

TDotRaptors

Rookie
Okay,

Maybe if Curry was a premier player in the league people would care. But for a player that isn't not even an all-star to say something like that is unbeleivable. Jermaine O'Neal said the same when he was in Curry's shoes. But did he leave? No. Plus J.O. is a way better player than Curry.

paris401

Starter
Okay,

Maybe if Curry was a premier player in the league people would care. But for a player that isn't not even an all-star to say something like that is unbeleivable. Jermaine O'Neal said the same when he was in Curry's shoes. But did he leave? No. Plus J.O. is a way better player than Curry.

AGREE.... if I.T. goes what will eddie do... grab the loyalty ring, or the
green ($$$) ring...

metrocard

Legend
Man FUCK LOYALITY.

WTF is this? The PBS version of Knick fans?

Curry's weaknesses is one of the main reasons why we're so bad. Isiah's foolishness and ego is the reason why we're in cap hell. Dolan's pimping Isiah is the reason why we'll never get under the cap or fire Isiah or trade Curry.

This is a lame ass empire thats ruining the Knicks imagine. I love how Isiah changes his ho each year. First it was Marbury...then Crawford...now fucking Eddy Curry. If you don't what I mean, recall to the last couple of years when Isiah try to pimp these guys face as the face of the New York Knicks.

LOL...this is so lame, terrible news for diehard true Knick fans all over the world.

Are you guys retarded? The only reason why Eddy Curry is being loyal to Isiah is because Eddy Curry won't get this much minutes on any other team. You think any other coach in the NBA would take Curry's one dememtional turnover prone no defense game for 33 minutes per? HELL NO. Why do you think Isiah got rid of Larry Brown? Brown was making Isiah's hos look bad. Isiah had to get the interest of his hos up, so his trades wouldn't look so bad. In reality, Isiah doesn't care about wins. All he wants is Curry and Crawford to clog up the most minutes so their production can be inflated. If he does this, brain washed Knick fans will stay on Isiah's meat and not realize whats really going on. Curry is only loyal is because Isiah is feeding him minutes to inflate his stats. Curry's numbers are the same really from past years...he's just getting more minutes and playing less defense.

AWFUL news...and just shows what kind of dictatorship is being runned in the Knicks organization.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Man FUCK LOYALITY.

WTF is this? The PBS version of Knick fans?

Curry's weaknesses is one of the main reasons why we're so bad. Isiah's foolishness and ego is the reason why we're in cap hell. Dolan's pimping Isiah is the reason why we'll never get under the cap or fire Isiah or trade Curry.

This is a lame ass empire thats ruining the Knicks imagine. I love how Isiah changes his ho each year. First it was Marbury...then Crawford...now fucking Eddy Curry. If you don't what I mean, recall to the last couple of years when Isiah try to pimp these guys face as the face of the New York Knicks.

LOL...this is so lame, terrible news for diehard true Knick fans all over the world.

Are you guys retarded? The only reason why Eddy Curry is being loyal to Isiah is because Eddy Curry won't get this much minutes on any other team. You think any other coach in the NBA would take Curry's one dememtional turnover prone no defense game for 33 minutes per? HELL NO. Why do you think Isiah got rid of Larry Brown? Brown was making Isiah's hos look bad. Isiah had to get the interest of his hos up, so his trades wouldn't look so bad. In reality, Isiah doesn't care about wins. All he wants is Curry and Crawford to clog up the most minutes so their production can be inflated. If he does this, brain washed Knick fans will stay on Isiah's meat and not realize whats really going on. Curry is only loyal is because Isiah is feeding him minutes to inflate his stats. Curry's numbers are the same really from past years...he's just getting more minutes and playing less defense.

AWFUL news...and just shows what kind of dictatorship is being runned in the Knicks organization.

Yawn.
Curry's the best thing the Knicks have going. We've been over all of this before.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Okay,

Jo was gonna leave, b4 he signed the contract he sayed if isiah goes, he wants to go and larry bird sayed isiah was going to stay and 2 weeks later after the contract signing, isiah was fired

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
People who complain about Eddy saying this answer one question:

Without the key players buying into the system, how do you see the Knicks progressing?

Eddy Curry has obviusly bought into what the coaches are saying. Curry has shown a lot of heart. He's been the most coachable that anyone has ever seen from him. If more guys would have bought in sooner, we'd be farther ahead than we are now (22-29). This only speaks well of the loyalty and comradery that is developing which only means good things for this franchise. Eddy may commit TO's but that how you learn. The Knicks are still in striking distance to win the Atlantic Division. The sooner guys accept their roles, the better they can be in those roles. Eddy obviusly has excepted a leadership role, and good for him.

metrocard

Legend
Curry is the worst defensive starting center in the NBA.

This has been a messege sent to you by a man who has watched 44 Knick games this season (could of been more if college/work didn't take up most of my life)