Whos stayin and who's goin this deadline

Hey guys,
ok ive heard alot of rumors going back and forth and now i want everyones opinions.
so far i have heard us making moves for players like Ray Allen, Ron Artest, Drew Gooden, Gerald Wallace, Kevin Garnett and others.

If you ask me the only untouchables on our team should be Marbury (since he is no longer a selfish scorer and now an all around point guard) Curry (he is a threat down low and could be our future) David Lee because for a sophmore he is doing an awesome job rebounding and coming up big in important spots)

I also think we should keep Nate because he is young and good on defense and a scorer. With work he can develope into a decent point guard. Also i think you nmeed to keep at least one of Crawford or Qrich. Ithink they r both 2 guards though and take away from each other.

On the outs i htink Frye is good but should be traded for a better player like an artest. Francis should be gone at all costs. James should go but cant cause no one wants him. Malik should also go.

We finally have a core of guys and should build around that core. I htink the only real aquisations that can be done is artest with a crawford or Qrich and a frye. Also gooden is an upgrade at the 4 from a malik. You could trade a francis to the cavs who have no 1 guard along wiht either a malik rose or a draft pik.

that gives us depth and skill
1-marbury... nate
2-Qrich or crawford
3-Artest...DLEE
4-Gooden...Balkman
5-Curry

if anyone think this is a possibility or sumthing else may happen let me kno

dig4that

Rookie
Artest? Come on man, what a disappointment that would be. History of crap. We don't need another guy trying to get another record deal (see Spree) Only guy I would go near on that list would be Garnett, but we can't take on that contract. I think development and patience, then moves. Right now I don't think anyone in the league looks at this team and sees something they want except Frye and Lee anyways - and theres a reason - they've got great talent. You know, the kind we always let slip through the garden doors (see ariza, hilario, etc) So I say Frye should stay and the team should iron out the creases and make a trip to the tailor, not just throw the pants out...again.

PG: Marbury ..... Nate (or a 1st rounder, thats right, get a first round PG now for Marbury to tutor.)
SG: Q Rich / Crawford tandem depending on opposition
SF: D Lee .... Balkman / Q Rich
PF: Frye .... Rose / (New Guy - defender)
C: Curry .... (Fill in with Veteran backup - maybe James, maybe not)
Deeper Bench:
Jeffries: I don't see it. Maybe he has a role, but not as a starter, especially if he can D up other 4's, but can he?
Francis: Got to go or take over 2 guard spot. If he really fits then Crawford is expendable, but I think Francis should go.
James: Wish we could do something.
Cato: I don't know, does it matter?
Collins: Who cares, well besides Collins?

great point but heres my problem with that lineup you posted
lee has no shot which can be worked on over the offseason
and qrich is too short to be a sf
i like the idea of keeping talent and i wish we could address this problem through the draft but we cant cuz we keep giving our picks away (example this upcoming draft)

paris401

Starter
great point but heres my problem with that lineup you posted
lee has no shot which can be worked on over the offseason
and qrich is too short to be a sf
i like the idea of keeping talent and i wish we could address this problem through the draft but we cant cuz we keep giving our picks away (example this upcoming draft)

we have not given it away.. chicago has the option to swap picks with us...but we still have a 1st rounder.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Almost right...

Artest? Come on man, what a disappointment that would be. History of crap. We don't need another guy trying to get another record deal (see Spree)

nah... artest only loses it when the situation isn't right... he felt like sacto dissed him by ditching adleman and bonzi wells... so this season he aint feeling it... isiah has a reputation of being a father figure to his players... see his work with steph... j o'neal... if anyone can work with artest it's IT...

you're fears are justified though... since you never know how crazy will react...

dig4that

Rookie
nah... artest only loses it when the situation isn't right... he felt like sacto dissed him by ditching adleman and bonzi wells... so this season he aint feeling it... isiah has a reputation of being a father figure to his players... see his work with steph... j o'neal... if anyone can work with artest it's IT...

you're fears are justified though... since you never know how crazy will react...

ha ha, i agree getting a cup of beer tossed at you isn't a good situation, but i can't forget that, no one can. I'm saying this dude has baggage and a knack for metastasizing catastrophe. Sacto dissing him? There's always someone against him, and that means so far he has lashed out at fans, lashed out at the media, and lashed out at an organization. That's the kinda guy I want next to D-Lee. I don't know man, he is a NY cat so who knows how he would react in NY. But if we do take him, we should do it in the offseason, the 'Bockers and the Kings don't have playoff hopes and shouldn't pretend they do. They should let hard work, luck, and fate take them there if they do.

good

My only problem is that you said to trade malik. Right now, we cant. He is our only vet who knows how to win! He is a leader in the lockerroom and on the bench. He doesnt play much, so we can get rid of him as soon as we get some one like him that is good. Everything else in ur post is good though.

paris401

Starter
My only problem is that you said to trade malik. Right now, we cant. He is our only vet who knows how to win! He is a leader in the lockerroom and on the bench. He doesnt play much, so we can get rid of him as soon as we get some one like him that is good. Everything else in ur post is good though.

i agree he is a leader and a cheerleader... good guy to have around... but his trade value is ZERO .. his contract goes for another 2 years... he is untradeable

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
thats what i don't like about thomas he has payed too much for people he's brought in. Curry, he probably could have had him without swapping picks this yr. No one was going to trade for him last yr because of his heart, thomas doesn't know how to play poker. He's learning i believe though.
Artest is a headache, i'd still trade for him but, i'd only give up qrich for him. Wouldn't even give up this yrs #1.
Malik is a valuable player, i like the character thomas has brought in like him. Jerome is another story but, we all make mistakes