Jimmy Jackson to be signed?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
The Knicks have explored signing free agent swingman Jimmy Jackson to fill the massive void left by Jamal Crawford's season-ending stress fracture injury, The Post has learned.

Jackson, 36, is a burly 6-foot-6 and could play small forward or shooting guard. He is known around the league as a player with good character. Jackson played last season for the Suns and Lakers, but was not picked up this year. He has been working out at his home in Toledo, Ohio.

The Knicks made inquiries into Jackson following Wednesday night's crushing loss to the Celtics, the team with the worst record in the Eastern Conference. The Knicks fell behind by 23 points to Boston in the first half in their first game without Crawford.

http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/6650/knicks-look-at-veteran-jackson.html

Starks

Starter
I always liked JJ. I remember hanging onto all his old basketball cards....which as i look at the value of them now, arent worth the hundreds i used to think they would.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Because we are lookin for a veteran who can step in and help right away. not a rookie we are trying to develop alongside our own ones. needs to be a guy who can step in when his name is called and give you some solid minutes. without a question mark..

with that being said. we wont be signing jimmy jackson or any other player unless something else happens. See Francis thread.