Isiah is going to shove Curry down our throats for the next few years

metrocard

Legend
Yes folks, while we see guys like Oden, Howard, and Bosh blossom right infront of our eyes, we'll have Curry. Isiah will force feed Curry minutes every night, regardless of how many negatives Curry has to contribute to this team. Isiah will play Curry as much time as possible just to prove the Curry deal was a legit deal, disregarding our playoff hopes.

I think Isiah truely believes Curry and Crawford are going to improve. Probably thinks they are magically going to become elite basketball IQ players who don't turn the ball over and play position and help defense.

As long we depend on Curry, we will be a losing basketball team. We will suffer from the same problems. Turnovers and defense. Curry is a strong offensive role player. Nothing more. He can't carry a franchise.

For all that Eddy gives us offensively, he takes away on the denfensive end with not challenging shots, not playing position defense, and his lazy foul attempts.

Rebounding? Well some of our best rebounders Lee and Richardson weren't even playing, and Curry only gets 6 rebounds. 7 rebs per game in 35 minutes per game is poor. Not even using stats, you can indicate Curry's poor rebounding skills in the game. Hell, people are stupid enough to say Dirk doesn't know how to rebound and is soft? Curry can't even position himself. All Curry focuses on 100% is getting in post to go one on one to score.

Turnovers? Well we know Curry's tendacy to get trapped in double teams. He's been in the NBA for 6 years, yet his basketball IQ is so low. Curry demands the ball, but never makes passes for his teammates who are open most of the time. If Curry was more aware, he could average 2 assist a game easily. That would benefit the offense so much. We can't forget about the offensive turnovers.

I'm 5"10 and I can guard the paint better than Eddy Curry. Guards like Chris Paul will always be in the paint when we have a center like Curry. Defensively, I've never seen an all around bad defensive center in my life.

Curry_pimp_my_ride.jpg

296991433_1e85961f63.jpg

ecinsumo.jpg

Curry_Bigmomma2.jpg

If there was a garbage sports magazine, Eddy Curry would get 5 trashcans.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
looking at curry this year, i agree it looks like he has improved but actually his number's this year are very similar to his last year in chicago...

stat's don't lie...

GetRealistic

Starter
Metro I got a question though... Who on this team would you possibly considering building around? Because there is no franchise player on this team. And please god please don't respond by staying Marbury. He's playing well and would be a nice second option on a good team but thats all.

It's simple were a bad team and Curry plays no D but if we ever want to be a good team he's going to be the key. Agile 7 footers don't grown on trees. Plus everybody rips Curry for being 6-11 and having no defensive presence. Wat about ripping Fyre for doing the same thing. Atleast Curry does it on the offsensive side.

paris401

Starter
u can't teach " O " which curry brings to the table, but " D " can be taught, but the student must be willing ... i am not sure that curry is willing...

if he becomes even 1/2 decent on "D", u def. build around this guy.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Curry really shouldn't have an offseason... he already has great footing for a big man so if his D gets better it should be a wrap.... and he can get rid of some fat(maybe give some to his buddy Crawford)..... and maybe hit some weights to become the true beast he could be.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I think anyone that is 285 pounds and 6-11 can make easy baskets. How about you? For some reason Curry isn't making clear opportunities like we all want him to, even if he averages 19 points per game. your photoshoped pictures are funny but come on he's trying to loose weight.

metrocard

Legend
Metro I got a question though... Who on this team would you possibly considering building around? Because there is no franchise player on this team. And please god please don't respond by staying Marbury. He's playing well and would be a nice second option on a good team but thats all.

It's simple were a bad team and Curry plays no D but if we ever want to be a good team he's going to be the key. Agile 7 footers don't grown on trees. Plus everybody rips Curry for being 6-11 and having no defensive presence. Wat about ripping Fyre for doing the same thing. Atleast Curry does it on the offsensive side.

Ask Isiah why we don't have a franchise player.

Frye doesn't get 25 touches a game like Curry. Frye sucks, we already know this.

Do you want to build your team around Eddy Curry? If Eddy Curry is "considered" a "franchise" player, he's the worst in the NBA. Building your team around the worst primary option in the NBA isn't going to get you great sucess. Quoted from Borat.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
curry has done significant progress and his weight is good, compared to last year, he is in great condition, he playing 30 plus minutes for the first time in his career

GetRealistic

Starter
The fact of the matter is Curry obviously has been struggling the last few games, but on a whole if your not happy with his progress this year your nuts. Hes an agile 7 footer who drops 18 ppg game. He's never going to be Patrick Ewing, but i'd take him over 80 percent of the centers in the league right now.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Getrealistic is right. There are only 3 or 4 Centers in the league worth talking about. Shaq, Yao, and Dwight Howard. Shaq is on his way out. Once that happens there is no real dominate beast inside. I'd build around Curry. Curry and Marbury are a solid one two punch. As far as I'm concerned we only need one other scoring option and every one else should focus on defense and rebounds.

I wouldn't write Frye off just yet. He's had a bad year and should be considered in a trade for the right player, but he's a good role player. His focus needs to be on rebounds and shot blocking.

metrocard

Legend
We're a running fast break team. Without Curry, we look so much better on the court. Watching the Knicks play the raptors today. The offense ball movement is so much cleaner and less turnover prone. The defense is MUCH more agressive, active and effective. There are more fastbreaks and rebounds. We make extra passes on offense. Guys like Balkman and Marbury become more invovled which is better for the team.

Isiah is just pimping Curry.

Don't compare Curry to the top centers in the league, the man is just an offensive role player. He's not all star material. I never seen Curry hit a jumpshot as a Knick. Curry's offensive game is one dementional and predictable.

GetRealistic, can you take your head out of Isiah's ass for once? Progression? Curry is the same guy, but with more minutes. Isiah is just playing Curry more to make the Chicago deal look like it was in his favor. If Curry was on the Spurs, Mavericks, he wouldn't get as many minutes as he gets as a Knick. Curry doesn't play position defense or help defense. His passing and offensive awareness is terrible. He doesn't know how to play winning smart basketball. If he did, we would be a .500 team. We're a SG and a C away from being legit. Unfortunately, our SG and C are Crawford and Curry two players who don't play to win, they just play for themselves. No Crawford, no forcefeed passes to Curry. Curry can't create for himself or his teammates, he need to rely on perfect passes.

Stop hyping Curry. Marcus Camby >>> Curry.

We should ship Curry off to some fool while he's hot. His value is high as it can get, next year teams in the NBA will realize his inferior ability to rebound, play defense, shoot and pass.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I agree Don and GetRealistic...if you want to trade Curry for a downgrade, "YOUR favorite Center"-type of player then I'm glad you aren't the GM. I'm praise god that Isiah is the GM because if half of the people on this site such as ballsinyourjaws oh I mean metrocard lol...were given a chance to run a team, they would run it to the ground with their horrible ideas and trades. I heard someone would trade Curry for Okur...OKUR?? The guy sits on the three point line. How many rebounds would get then? Okur is definitely not a good option. Okur is a powderpuff...

JC11_EC34

Rookie
I agree Don and GetRealistic...if you want to trade Curry for a downgrade, "YOUR favorite Center"-type of player then I'm glad you aren't the GM. I'm praise god that Isiah is the GM because if half of the people on this site such as ballsinyourjaws oh I mean metrocard lol...were given a chance to run a team, they would run it to the ground with their horrible ideas and trades. I heard someone would trade Curry for Okur...OKUR?? The guy sits on the three point line. How many rebounds would get then? Okur is definitely not a good option. Okur is a powderpuff...

I'm glad Isiah is the GM too. It's sad to come here and see so many haters thinking they could do a better job runnning the Knicks. Someone needs to tell them to keep their day jobs. Eddy Curry is young and will only improve. Like someone here said, offense can't be taught, but defense can be. Eddy is only 24 years old, he has a lot of time to learn defense, and he will. I'm sick and tired of all these haters bashing him, all the kid needs is a chance, and Isiah has given him a chance. Wait till Crawford and Lee are back in the lineup during the playoffs, and Curry will be a force again. Meanwhile, just let Isiah do his job and the Knicks will be fine. One or two more years, and we'll be dominating the East.

metrocard

Legend
I'm glad Isiah is the GM too. It's sad to come here and see so many haters thinking they could do a better job runnning the Knicks. Someone needs to tell them to keep their day jobs. Eddy Curry is young and will only improve. Like someone here said, offense can't be taught, but defense can be. Eddy is only 24 years old, he has a lot of time to learn defense, and he will. I'm sick and tired of all these haters bashing him, all the kid needs is a chance, and Isiah has given him a chance. Wait till Crawford and Lee are back in the lineup during the playoffs, and Curry will be a force again. Meanwhile, just let Isiah do his job and the Knicks will be fine. One or two more years, and we'll be dominating the East.

If you're glad Isiah is GM then you're glad for having a losing Knicks franchise in the last 3 years.

You need to get a job, forget about me keeping my job. You're too in love in Isiah to be open minded to anything else.

Eddy Curry has been in the NBA for 6 years. He's the same player he was when he was a rookie. He hasn't get rid of his flaws of defense, rebounding, and rawness on offense.

How do you know he will? He hasn't accomplished that task in 6 years. Will you say the same thing 6 years from now? Even when Curry is retired will you still say the same thing? Your extreme optiminism makes you look like a fool.

Offense can't be taught? I have no words for this. I think you mean "talent" can't be taught. People accually practice offensive drills and coaches try to teach players to be more offensively affective as teammates. Once again, your Isiahsexual ways is misguiding as you a fan of basketball.

He needs a CHANCE? He gets 35 minutes per game you chimp. He's been force feed so many minutes, what other chances you can give him? If Curry wasn't so fat, he would probably get 44 minutes a game if Isiah had the chance to.

Face it, didn't you watch the game today? Or you and your monkey friends were too busy checking out Isiah's ass? Curry played 16 minutes and we kicked Toronto's ass. Toronto shot 34% because they didn't have Curry to score on all day in the paint. Knicks only had 10 turnovers because Curry wasn't there to kill the offense with his foolish turnovers. Knicks had a shitload of fastbreak points thanks to the agressiveness of the team together. We're a .500 ballclub minus Curry bottom line.

This team is just better without Eddy Curry, plain and simple. There are numbers that prove it clearly (we score more points per possession without him on the floor), and today's game showed it too. We're infinitely better defensively, and we move the ball a lot better which makes us better offensively with 25 assists today.

Curry is a liability on the defensive end. Curry has to develop a mentality that even on defense he can be a factor in this league. He'll never DOMINATE anything in his life.

We need Lee back, not Crawford. Crawford is a terrible guy to have your offense depend on. He's the shooting guard version of Curry. One dementional offensively, predictable, makes terrible decisions offensively, and is a bitch defensively. Also turnover prone.

Stop making Knick fans look bad. We'll be dominating the East? Even the most optismic fans of Isiah's balls can't even say that. I think you're trying to hard to fit in with the Isiahsexuals on here.

As for Okur, he once averaged 9.1 rebounds in a season. He's a superior rebounder than Curry. Curry is the sofest big man in the NBA. Defensively, he's a cupcake. He averages more points than Curry on 1.6 turnovers. While Curry averages close to 4 turnovers. Okur has a + 18.77 EFF, while Curry has + 16.22 Okur > Curry.

Thats just an example though, Isiahsexuals can't prove Curry > Okur only in post scoring.

I rather us trade Curry for a draft pick and try to pick up Horford. Dude is a BEAST defensively, he can guard anyone. His rebounding, scoring and he developed a jumpshot also this season. He's a great passer too, and is the best player on Florida. I would hate to see Horford go to a team in our division, we would really miss out. Could you imagine Hortord, Lee and Frye together? That would be awesome.

metrocard

Legend
The Knicks (Isiah Thomas) actually gave Eddy Curry 65% of all the Knicks offensive plays this season to get him to at least be a decent NBA Center that can score.
To do this the Knicks had to take 6.11 Channing Frye out of the paint on offense to give Eddy Curry room to go ONE on ONE. Curry Failure this season cost the entire Knick-Team to Fail because he gets all the playingtime at the Center position while failing each game to be that dominate center and go to guy.

Curry = offensively role player who's inferior at every other aspect of basketball.

With Curry sitting, our defense is vastly improved, our up-and-down game is greatly improved, and we're much less predictable. And for the third time, we score more points per possesion with Curry on the bench. How can you argue with that?

You can't. All you can do is suck on Isiah and praise him.

JC11_EC34

Rookie
You know what, metrocard? You're such a disgrace to Knicks fans. All you are is just a stupid attention-wanting hater who only comes here to bash the team. This is a place for real Knicks fans, and real Knicks fans realize the talent and potential of this team, and stand with the team and players no matter what. You think you can do a better job as coach or GM than Isiah? Give me a break. Curry, Crawford, and Thomas will show all the haters, just you wait. And meanwhile, why don't you just go root for a team with a winning record like the Mavs or Suns or something, because you're just one of those bandwagon-jumping fairweather losers. I'm sick of morons like that. I hope the Knicks go far in the playoffs and make idiots like you eat your dumbass words.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Agreed. Ballsinyourjaws needs to be banned...all he does improve the growth of negativity to this site and he not only bashes the knicks like a raptors fan...he also bashes knick fans. He needs to go to the hawks or the bobcats...maybe he'll appreciate the knicks after a couple of years with them...