My In Depth Season Review

paris401

Starter
nice post- in 3 years as u say we will under the cap, at 41m... B U T
we only have 5.. count em... 5 guys on the roster... if we figure the cap tobe around 61/63m at that time, that leaves us 20/22+ mill to sign 9/10guys...

thank god we have IT as our gm... he will figure it out...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Good post by a Knicks fan. It was optimistic and that's something you don't read much when it comes to the Knicks. The year was not a good year. Better than the one before but still not good. I foresee a blockbuster trade happening over the summer for the NY Knicks. Although the season ended badly the future is still bright. I think that's why you aren't seeing that many angry Knicks fans.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Good review... but I think you gave Isiah a free pass here... you called the Eddy Curry trade a "success" since we got Balkman out of the deal... but let's not forget the bulls got cap relief (Tim Thomas, Antonio Davis) that allowed them to sign Ben Wallace, Tyrus Thomas (who Balkman could eventually be better than) and another shot at the number one pick (potentially Greg Oden or Kevin Durant)... I think the bulls win on this one... we also gave away Penny's expiring contract AND Trevor Ariza for Franchise...

You're spot on about the team... and I like IT the coach... BUT being a GM is about more than drafting... besides... let's not forget he passed on Monta Ellis, Gerald Green, Danny Granger, etc... in the draft for Frye too... and sucking at signing free agents and making trades (2/3 of his job) means that he isn't doing a very good job here either... sorry for the mostly negative rant... good review though...

insomniac

Benchwarmer
who cares what the eddy curry trade did for the bulls it sure as shit helped us out.. and the bulls have a 1.8% chanvce at the #1 pick.. id rather have curry and the b man

Great Post again very optimistic, About the Bulls trade what is often left out when this trade is talked about is how Isiah refused to give up David Lee, remember this trade was made before the Knicks even played one pre season game, and David Lee was the last of our draft picks that year, and couldv'e been looked at as expendable, but Isiah showed great forsight on that decision, I mean it sucks that we gave up the 2nd pick in the draft last year ( the highest since the pre Ewing days),but to hang on Lee get and to eventually get Balkman, smooths over losing back to back lotterey picks. I just hope that this is the last year that we're saying next year things will get better, and I think we have reason to beleive in this team next year, lets just hope everyone works hard this summer, and we can looks to make some noise next season!

insomniac

Benchwarmer
Great Post again very optimistic, About the Bulls trade what is often left out when this trade is talked about is how Isiah refused to give up David Lee, remember this trade was made before the Knicks even played one pre season game, and David Lee was the last of our draft picks that year, and couldv'e been looked at as expendable, but Isiah showed great forsight on that decision, I mean it sucks that we gave up the 2nd pick in the draft last year ( the highest since the pre Ewing days),but to hang on Lee get and to eventually get Balkman, smooths over losing back to back lotterey picks. I just hope that this is the last year that we're saying next year things will get better, and I think we have reason to beleive in this team next year, lets just hope everyone works hard this summer, and we can looks to make some noise next season!

true that is very much over looked

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
ummm... all IT had to do was draft protect the pick... and we got balkman's pick in the camby & nene trade... SO... just imagine how much better we would have been with brandon roy, tyrus thomas, rudy gay or millsap... toss in giving up ariza in the francis deal... and we could have been a much better team than we've fielded...