What about Camby???

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I live in Colorado, and there are a lot of rumors that the Nuggets will be looking to move Camby after this season, due to the large contract given to Nene.

I know Camby is injury prone, but when he is healthy he would be the perfect compliment to Curry and exactly what the Knicks need. A shot blocker, good defender and rebounder at the PF position.

So what do you think? Should Isiah make a move to bring Camby back to NY? Is he worth it or should we go after somebody else?

paris401

Starter
i like marcus, but what possible trade could we do with denver?? who off our roster would they want to make this trade happen???

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't think Camby will be traded. He's one of the best shot blockers in the league. But I agree he'd be a great addition.

JaboloPR

Rookie
He would definitely make the Knicks feel like the Knicks again. Veteran Leadership. Tough mentality. good defender. Not sure what I'd give up for him though.

No one wants Jefferies, Robinson can't go to Denver (remember the fight) I guess if we offered Lee, Malik (salary purposes), and probably would have to throw in Collins or Balkman, then maybe Denver may consider, but remember they want to clear space on the cap and we have no expiring contracts. But Camby is a much better fit for this team than Oneil.

Can we really even trade with Denver.. i mean Isaih and Karl hate each other... Alot... so i dont think George karl is going to want to make any trade with the Knicks, no matter how good it prolly would be for him..

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I live in Colorado, and there are a lot of rumors that the Nuggets will be looking to move Camby after this season, due to the large contract given to Nene.

I know Camby is injury prone, but when he is healthy he would be the perfect compliment to Curry and exactly what the Knicks need. A shot blocker, good defender and rebounder at the PF position.

So what do you think? Should Isiah make a move to bring Camby back to NY? Is he worth it or should we go after somebody else?

That is the rumor but Denver would want back a young player and an expiring contract. The Knicks have the young player but not the contract.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
Here is a scenario that would work with bringing in Camby:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=125~515~255~2754~2782&teams=18~18~7~7~7

This would be a long shot, but they would relieve themselves of KMart and get two young guys in return. So basically, we would be trading our garbage for their garbage (Franchise for KMart) and trading Camby for Frye and NRob. This could seem logical though. In the west, the physical-type PFs like Malone was are no long there, they are just a bunch of high scoring Streisands (kind of like Frye). They could put Frye in the Starting Lineup next to Nene and it could look something like this:

C Nene
PF Frye
SF Carmelo
SG AI
PG Blake

IDK that might be enough for them to bite b/c they could give Nate spot duty when they are down by 20 which is when he is at his best and Stevie, who knows. That would be the gamble that we would hope they would bite on. He is kind of like the Xfactor of the scenario.

For us, it is extremely logical. We rid ourselves of three guys that I feel are not in our long term future (esp Frye and Franchise) and we get two "proven defenders." KMart, although he has been th/ alot of injuries, he still is an intimidating pressence, something we are sorely lacking. I would love to see him in NY. Moving on to Camby. I still think that trade with Camby was the downfall of our team b/c we ended up with nothing and they got Camby and Nene and still have them and they are playing great ball and have been since the trade. I would love to see Camby back in town opposite Curry b/c the fact about Ecity is that he does not have to improve his D, he has to "learn" how to play D. Absolute joke. With Camby anchoring him on D and giving basically the same production on O that Frye has given us, that would put us over the top.

This is how we would look next year:

C Curry
PF Camby
SF QRich (i hope) or Renaldo
SG Craw
PG Marbs

Bench
Lee
Kmart
Collins
drafted SG
Renaldo/Qrich

Scrubs
Morris (unproven, but could steal Kmart mins)
JJ13/31 (who cares, esp. if we are winning, do you think IT is going to have to affirm his signings.

IDK man, that looks pretty damn good, we would have a nice mix of O and D from both the Starters and Bench!

Starks

Starter
Here is a scenario that would work with bringing in Camby:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=125~515~255~2754~2782&teams=18~18~7~7~7

This would be a long shot, but they would relieve themselves of KMart and get two young guys in return. So basically, we would be trading our garbage for their garbage (Franchise for KMart) and trading Camby for Frye and NRob. This could seem logical though. In the west, the physical-type PFs like Malone was are no long there, they are just a bunch of high scoring Streisands (kind of like Frye). They could put Frye in the Starting Lineup next to Nene and it could look something like this:

C Nene
PF Frye
SF Carmelo
SG AI
PG Blake

IDK that might be enough for them to bite b/c they could give Nate spot duty when they are down by 20 which is when he is at his best and Stevie, who knows. That would be the gamble that we would hope they would bite on. He is kind of like the Xfactor of the scenario.

For us, it is extremely logical. We rid ourselves of three guys that I feel are not in our long term future (esp Frye and Franchise) and we get two "proven defenders." KMart, although he has been th/ alot of injuries, he still is an intimidating pressence, something we are sorely lacking. I would love to see him in NY. Moving on to Camby. I still think that trade with Camby was the downfall of our team b/c we ended up with nothing and they got Camby and Nene and still have them and they are playing great ball and have been since the trade. I would love to see Camby back in town opposite Curry b/c the fact about Ecity is that he does not have to improve his D, he has to "learn" how to play D. Absolute joke. With Camby anchoring him on D and giving basically the same production on O that Frye has given us, that would put us over the top.

This is how we would look next year:

C Curry
PF Camby
SF QRich (i hope) or Renaldo
SG Craw
PG Marbs

Bench
Lee
Kmart
Collins
drafted SG
Renaldo/Qrich

Scrubs
Morris (unproven, but could steal Kmart mins)
JJ13/31 (who cares, esp. if we are winning, do you think IT is going to have to affirm his signings.

IDK man, that looks pretty damn good, we would have a nice mix of O and D from both the Starters and Bench!

This is pretty ingenius. You'd be a great GM. Nate's idol is AI, so he would love playing w/ him. And Frye would escape all the scruinty hes dealing w/ by playing out there in the burbs. (Melo punked him last time they saw eachother though)

Great trade proposition, this trade would work because Steve Francis has two less years on his contact than Kmart, not because he would be the X factor for the team, and if he is a disturbance to the team then they would just buy him out. I think still Denver would want David Lee in this scenerio and not Robinson, which may not be too bad for the Knicks, escpecially if K-Mart and Camby could play 60 or more games. So we get Camby and K-Mart for Stevie, Lee and Frye, a little risky but if it works out makes the Knicks a better team but does add to the cap which we have manged to shave down a little.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
This is pretty ingenius. You'd be a great GM. Nate's idol is AI, so he would love playing w/ him. And Frye would escape all the scruinty hes dealing w/ by playing out there in the burbs. (Melo punked him last time they saw eachother though)

The problem with this scenario is bringing in Kmart and his huge contract and it is obvious that he is basically done. His injuries will impact him and his game for the rest of his career so you would essentially be taking on another Allan Houston contract. If you want to make a trade to get Camby, then you need to offer either Lee or Frye with a mid-level contract. We do not have any expiring contracts and the whole reason why they are even entertaining trading Camby is to avoid a luxury tax hit next season.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
man i loved camby when he played for the knicks. I still watch him with denver all the time. First of all he better get the defensive player of the year award. He was healthy enough this year to the point where i think he deserves it. As for camby coin back to the knicks, i have mixed emotions. He is starting to get older. As much as i like camby, there are some knicks i wouldnt involve in a trade for him. These are the guys i owuld involve in a trade: Francis, malik rose, jared jeffries, channing frye, jerome james, Cato, Morris, and thats it. NO, i would not trade nate rob to denver and i dont think jr smith would wanna play on the same team as robinson after bein taken down by him.

donchris

I would have agreed that the proposition would have been good before Denver got A.I. If Francis can't play with Marbury he can't play with A.I. and Carmello. The trade would F up their team chemistry and I doubt Karl would go for it. Francis is a problem player. He's got no defensive game what so ever and is only good for scoring and passing on occasion. Trading Francis is a possibility but for what team. This should be a topic. What team needs a scoring guard? I would think we would target any team that didn't make the play offs. Minny, Indy, Seattle, Boston, ext.

donchris

Francis is untradable. I just took a look at Hoopshype and no way is any one going to pick up Francis. I say keep him and let his contract expire or trade him for Garnett.