Steph Tells Isiah To Take A Shooter

Kiyaman

Legend
Isiah Thomas signed Defensive Player Jared Jefferies to the entire MLE, given him 30 MPG and never ran a "Defensive-Zone" this season which would've commendate Jared Jefferies defensive talents to better this Knick Team Defense.
Another thing that must be noted is Rookie Mardy Collins just spent 4 years with one of the BEST "Defensive-Zone" Coaches in the NCAA.
Does'nt that say something about Isiah Thomas coaching this past season on a much needed defensive-plan? those two players are a defensive tandem with a hustler and two scorers...

P.S. To be continued on this Shooter, Marbury says to get....

Kiyaman

Legend

This losing Knick Season (33 WINS) had nothing to do with the players, it was the Head Coach offense/defense plan. Maybe next season will be alot different on the WINNING point of view when a B-Ball system is established. Then the Players will want to even play hurt just to get another WIN.

Looking at the Knicks again from a coaching point of view, Isiah Thomas did the same thing that previous coach Larry Brown did other than change the starting lineup every game (Isiah changed the 6th man, 7th man, 8th man, and 9th man every game), and abuse the players publically (Isiah was a quiet mouse on the bench and to the Media by never VERBALLY complimenting his player on a good play or yelling at them for repeated bad plays with the exception of Nate Robinson their best outside shooter this season).
The same subject used on Coach Larry Brown could also be used on Isiah Thomas "he did everything in his power to lose this season".

Channing Frye was not allowed in the post at all this past season on offense, except for the five games after the Denver Brawl where C-Curry average 22 MPG and Channing Frye averaging 15 pts, 8 rbds, off of 30 MPG alongside of Lee and Balkman who had to average at least about 23 rebounds together per game in those 5 consecutive games inwhich the Knicks WON 4 of those games (I believe David Lee had a 20 rebound game in one of those 5 games).

Getting to Madison Square Garden hour before the game start, I would see two or three of the Knicks assistant coaches on the court with just C-Eddy Curry working on his Post-Game, after they were finish they would all leave including Curry, then you would see Nate, Frye, Balkman, and Collins come out first to practice their shots on the court with NO assistant coach help at all. This is something I and alot of my friends whom have season tickets seen and talked about alot this season because of Eddy Curry NEVER passing the ball when doubled or trippled teamed which lead to another Curry turnover (we would joke that Curry only knows how to pass to the assistant coaches LOL). Was all the Knicks coaching staff spending the majority of their time with just Curry? when Marbury and Francis different styles of talent as the quarterback of this team needed to be worked on by the coaching staff for the sake of their teammates talents.
Is this the reason why Marbury and Francis did not make this Knick Team the NBA leader in assist made this season with offensive explosion players like Curry in the post, Frye in the post and peremeter, Q.Rich slashing the lane and peremeter, Crawford slashing the lane and peremeter, and Nate slashing the lane and perimeter, and Lee & Balkman on the back door play???

metrocard

Legend

This losing Knick Season (33 WINS) had nothing to do with the players, it was the Head Coach offense/defense plan. Maybe next season will be alot different on the WINNING point of view when a B-Ball system is established. Then the Players will want to even play hurt just to get another WIN.

Looking at the Knicks again from a coaching point of view, Isiah Thomas did the same thing that previous coach Larry Brown did other than change the starting lineup every game (Isiah changed the 6th man, 7th man, 8th man, and 9th man every game), and abuse the players publically (Isiah was a quiet mouse on the bench and to the Media by never VERBALLY complimenting his player on a good play or yelling at them for repeated bad plays with the exception of Nate Robinson their best outside shooter this season).
The same subject used on Coach Larry Brown could also be used on Isiah Thomas "he did everything in his power to lose this season".

Channing Frye was not allowed in the post at all this past season on offense, except for the five games after the Denver Brawl where C-Curry average 22 MPG and Channing Frye averaging 15 pts, 8 rbds, off of 30 MPG alongside of Lee and Balkman who had to average at least about 23 rebounds together per game in those 5 consecutive games inwhich the Knicks WON 4 of those games (I believe David Lee had a 20 rebound game in one of those 5 games).

Getting to Madison Square Garden hour before the game start, I would see two or three of the Knicks assistant coaches on the court with just C-Eddy Curry working on his Post-Game, after they were finish they would all leave including Curry, then you would see Nate, Frye, Balkman, and Collins come out first to practice their shots on the court with NO assistant coach help at all. This is something I and alot of my friends whom have season tickets seen and talked about alot this season because of Eddy Curry NEVER passing the ball when doubled or trippled teamed which lead to another Curry turnover (we would joke that Curry only knows how to pass to the assistant coaches LOL). Was all the Knicks coaching staff spending the majority of their time with just Curry? when Marbury and Francis different styles of talent as the quarterback of this team needed to be worked on by the coaching staff for the sake of their teammates talents.
Is this the reason why Marbury and Francis did not make this Knick Team the NBA leader in assist made this season with offensive explosion players like Curry in the post, Frye in the post and peremeter, Q.Rich slashing the lane and peremeter, Crawford slashing the lane and peremeter, and Nate slashing the lane and perimeter, and Lee & Balkman on the back door play???

Well said.

I can imagine Isiah trying to change the name of the team to "The New York Curry"

Kiyaman

Legend
Isiah Thomas should still stick to picking the best available player at the 23rd pick rather than go for a player inwhich the team needs. Remember this will be a Rookie, inwhich Coach Isiah will not give decent rookie playingtime to because of his high price players on the team.

Marbury comment on getting a shooter is a garbage excuse for Crawford, Q.Richardson, and himself poor percentage peremeter shooting that has been getting poorer each season with this team. Maybe these three players need to work harder this offseason and in practice on their peremeter shooting.
We all remember the season when us Knick-Fans were in outrage with Jamal Crawford for never driving to the hoop that season with all his outside shot selections. Steve Kerr had better peremeter shooters on both the teams he WON his Championship ring with that is why he was always wide open throughout his NBA career (If Marbury and Isiah had a Brain they would've notice that Nate Robinson shoot and plays the same role like the old Chicago Bulls two best NBA 3-pt shooters.).

The Comment Marbury should have made is that he and his teammates need to learn how to PASS the ball, and put in some extra practice on their peremeter shooting, with some offensive plays of when NO-PASSING-Curry gets double teamed down low. Marbury & Isiah is a JOKE! LOL!

Marbury had a 20-pt shooter on the Knicks when he arrived in player Allan Houston,
inwhich Marbury, Penny, and Crawford stole all of Houstons moves, plays, and shooting areas on the court to make Allan Houston look bad AND GET LESS PLAYINGTIME. To bad that when Allan Houston retired so did Marbury, Penny, and Crawford outside shooting retired too. Now they need a shooter! LOL!

Who demands the ball under-pressure and takes outside shots?
The Knicks need a Head Coach that will remind Marbury, Crawford, Q.Richardson, and Channing Frye, at every PRACTICE (on a consistent-basis) that they are this Knick Team Shooters under presure...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I think by Isiah saying that there is no shooter like Allan Houston in this draft he was hinting that the Knicks won't be drafting a shooter in this years Draft. I like the B.C kid and the Kid from Cal, if neither of these players are around then we just have to go w/ the best player on the board

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Kiyaman... the shooter the knicks had when steph got here was keith van horn... h20 never fully recovered from his injury during steph's tenure... the kvh trade was a horrible one though... crawford was brought in to be h20's understudy... but the injury prevented that from happening... no one tried to make him look bad or take away his minutes... it was just shitty timing... qrich and steph have shown in the past that they can be effective outside shooters... they just need to get healthy and deliver the old stroke... crawford has never thrilled me with his shooting ability... but he is a playmaker... lee and balkman are reportedly working on their mid range game... so that should open up space for curry to work... even if frye and the others don't develop... the problem with nate playing the kerr role is that nate is too determined to use dazzle the crowd to settle for being a set shooter... i think he would benefit the team more that way... but i think nate needs some seasoning before he realizes that athletic talent alone won't make him a great player...