SLow Down Knicks Fans

reuel

Rookie
I'm 21 years old and i've been a knicks fan since i was 7 years old. I've seen the ups and down of the knicks the glory days and the bad ones. As most of yall, i like the Zach Randolph trade alot (even though frye had much potential), i think it adds a lot to our team. But a lot of us are now expecting way too much out of this unit.

For the past 3-4 years we've expected a lot out of the knicks because we have always looked good on paper. remember lenny wilkens and stephon was suppose to be our saviours?

The problem is that we have two good players in our frontcourt and they are supposed to be the leaders of this team, that is supposed to put this team on their back, They definately have the potential to do it. But I have to question their heart and work ethic. (Frankly they both aren't the best condition athletes in the league)

When you look at all the good teams in the NBA the leader of the team is the one that is gonna ride the ship until it sinks and is willing to cry, bleed, whatever for their team. look at pheonix and steve nash, or the quiet but extremly passionate Tim Duncan. then you look at Dirk Nowitzki and you see what happens when your leader lacks heart.

I think its a problem that our young guys with no more than 2 years experience (Nate Lee Balkman) are the ones leading this team emotionally. until i see that curry or even randolph are willing and able to put there all on the line, i can't have much faith in this team. But i still love my knicks!

So before you make your ideal starting line ups and playoff predictions, lets see how they work, lets see the shape curry is in when training camp starts, lets see if they can even work together. lets see if they can get that emotional tie to the garden like Patrick did.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
i think Curry is ready to show that heart and courage... i saw it on the court every few games... i think he's gonna step up as leader big time... he and zebo are gonna dominate... i have no doubt... it took nash 8 years to realize how to lead... it took kidd 7... some times... guys take time to develop that grit and leadership ability... everyone is riding with EC and i think he's ready to carry the cross... he put a lot of blame for last season on himself...

Toons

is the Bo$$
i think Curry is ready to show that heart and courage... i saw it on the court every few games... i think he's gonna step up as leader big time... he and zebo are gonna dominate... i have no doubt... it took nash 8 years to realize how to lead... it took kidd 7... some times... guys take time to develop that grit and leadership ability... everyone is riding with EC and i think he's ready to carry the cross... he put a lot of blame for last season on himself...

I agree, people forget nash's first 4 seasons from 96-97 ....in nash's 4th season he only averaged 8 pts, and 4 assists....this is curry's 6th season, only 24 years onld, and he averages 20 and 7 boards....curry will develop, he will lead, now he has some help down low, he will believe that the team can make the playoffs....eddy has never played in the playoffs before....he will be hungry this year...crawford, who is 25, averages 17 pts, and 4 assists (which will go to about 6 with the addition of zbo) q. rich who is also only 25, averages more rebounds than our center with 13 pts...then the addition of the 24 year old randolph, he averages 24 and 10....we have a young core already without our rookies...balkman, lee, nate, nichols, morris, and chandler all add to our youth and potential....

all of our kinks are things than can be worked out with time, and team chestry....things like, rebounds, footing, turnovers, free throw percentage...all of the things that keep us down, are things that can be worked out. I think the knicks are going to do big things this next season....so i wouldnt say slow down knick fans, i would say be optimistic!!!!!

jzero29

Rotation player
Wow, I actually agree with some people!!!

Good points, about the players on this team, eddy curry, does have the chance to take over this year, after having a personally successfull season last year, Young guys, and a lot of the knicks are really young, don't really get it, they don't understand that they are at top level and they no longer can just be the best automatically, that you have talented opponents and to win, you've got to work hard, play hard and give it everything. hopefully curry will come to camp in shape, ready to go and can produce from start to finish. If he comes to camp in shape, he's figuring it out, if hecomes in like his first year, it's gonna be a long season. Eddy is young and his habbits and who he is as a person can be changed. He's only what 24? Yes even my arch nemisis (crawford) is only 27. He can change and i pray he does. If he does I'll be all up on him from here on out. Since they aren't going to move him, i have to cheer him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Another Optimistic Offseason

This Post is trying to tell everyone not be so or to optimistic about this Knick Team this offseason like we were last offseason or the previous three offseasons.

Eddy Curry did not have a successful 2006-7 season offensively, defensively, or even rebounding. He average 35 MPG!

On Offense he average 0 assists and 5 turnovers per game (I know his stats may say 3.7 turnovers but his poor postioning and movements caused alot of TO for his teammates). He has NO kind of passing game whatso ever to stop the double or tripple teaming he always receive in 35 MPG.

On Defense he average 0 blocks, 0 steals, and only 6 defensive rebounds, in 35 MPG as a STARTER! He shows no defensive threat to any Knick oponents offensive attack.

I dont blame Eddy Curry for all the B-Ball Skillz that he lack, plus having so many FLAWS within his one dimensional talent.

I Blame the real source Coach Isiah Thomas who knew all about Eddy Curry overall talents, but gave him all the resources this past season to forfill his STATS as a 20-7 player (like Marbury 20-8 seasons) with his "SAVE-FACE" coaching.

Zack Randolph is just another Optimistic Offseason to get me and you to buy Season Tickets as early as possible.

Toons

is the Bo$$
This Post is trying to tell everyone not be so or to optimistic about this Knick Team this offseason like we were last offseason or the previous three offseasons.

Eddy Curry did not have a successful 2006-7 season offensively, defensively, or even rebounding. He average 35 MPG!

On Offense he average 0 assists and 5 turnovers per game (I know his stats may say 3.7 turnovers but his poor postioning and movements caused alot of TO for his teammates). He has NO kind of passing game whatso ever to stop the double or tripple teaming he always receive in 35 MPG.

On Defense he average 0 blocks, 0 steals, and only 6 defensive rebounds, in 35 MPG as a STARTER! He shows no defensive threat to any Knick oponents offensive attack.

I dont blame Eddy Curry for all the B-Ball Skillz that he lack, plus having so many FLAWS within his one dimensional talent.

I Blame the real source Coach Isiah Thomas who knew all about Eddy Curry overall talents, but gave him all the resources this past season to forfill his STATS as a 20-7 player (like Marbury 20-8 seasons) with his "SAVE-FACE" coaching.

Zack Randolph is just another Optimistic Offseason to get me and you to buy Season Tickets as early as possible.

There are more things to look foward to than the zach and eddy tandem next season. First, we have a healthy q.rich.....im sure you guys remembered the success we had when q was healthy, we have 2 of our rookies signed so far, wilson chandler and randolph morris, and when we sign our shooter (d.nick) we will have an elite bench squad....

Steph.....dickau.....nate...(f.jones needs to be traded)
Craw....nichols....collins
Q.Rich....balkman....chandler..(j.jeef needs to b traded)
Randolph....lee....(malik needs to bbe traded)
Curry....morris...(jjames needs to be traded)

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
2nd that Toons. Curry had the best scoring average of his career last season. How can that not be an improvement? The second best season Curry has was his last year in Chicago when he averaged 16 pts and 5 rebounds per game. Curry is like the 3rd best center in the east. I pose this question to every one that thinks Curry isn't a good center. Who do we trade him for? Who is available to the Knicks in a realistic trade? I never get an answer to that.

Kiyaman

Legend
oh and, kiyaman, curry had his best offensive season yet

wa up Toons, I guess you dont understand what I really wrote when saying, "Curry received 35 MPG".
See, I'm talking about a WINNING Knick Season. That can happen with alot of David Lee on the court playing to his teammates strength, he is the best Knick that can do it.
We already know what we are getting out of David Lee each game, plus how he lifted Eddy Curry skillz to a consistent double double. However we KNOW nothing about Zack and how he would fit in New York.

Let me break it down.
How many Head Coaches would let Curry get close to 30 MPG in a season? Isiah Thomas.
Do you have an idea what happens to any NBA offensive-player who the Head Coach give the "Green-Light" to shoot 18 shots or more per game?
They have to average 20 points or more, not 19 points .... but 20 points.
If they cant average 20 points on 18 shots that player NBA career will go down quicker than Francis on a losing team.

Curry & Zack needed 35 MPG with the Head Coach Green Light just to score 20 points per game (meaning alot of garbage time in so many losing games to pack their Stats).

A young energetic player like David Lee talents should be given the opportunity in his third season in the NBA to receive 35 MPG, he adds so much in his overall skillz in assists, backcourt-pressure, lose-balls, points, and rebounds. David lee will not get winded with Marbury, Curry or Zack on the court with him so he is good for 40 MPG with one or two of them on the court.

If David Lee gets 35 MPG, which he should to improve his team-skillz vs NBA oponents, than Curry and Zack will get 30 MPG each to share with teamates James, Rose, and Morris. That will cut down on their playingtime and how many shots taken per game on this shoot first Knick-team.

If Isiah give Curry & Zack more playingtime than David Lee all-around skillz in the frontcourt than I see the entire team this season going down with INJURIES, rather than watch a clueless "SAVE-FACE" headcoach lose another season.

Kiyaman

Legend
2nd that Toons. Curry had the best scoring average of his career last season. How can that not be an improvement? The second best season Curry has was his last year in Chicago when he averaged 16 pts and 5 rebounds per game. Curry is like the 3rd best center in the east. I pose this question to every one that thinks Curry isn't a good center. Who do we trade him for? Who is available to the Knicks in a realistic trade? I never get an answer to that.

Because the Knicks have a clueless headcoach inwhich his rotation stinks and the Knick Players dont like it (and that was with everyone healthy) Denver-Brawl!!!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Because the Knicks have a clueless headcoach inwhich his rotation stinks and the Knick Players dont like it (and that was with everyone healthy) Denver-Brawl!!!

i like isiahs system, u not playing good, expect to see the bench no matter who u are...ask stephon and curry

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

With respect to your opinion I'm not sure what your basing this on. Several of the players have publicly stated they approve of his coaching style. Curry went as far as saying he would ask for a trade if Thomas was fired. I'm not riding him but you've got to give credit where it's due. Dude made some good moves and some awful ones but he's a solid coach. He was solid in Indy and he's solid in NY. What's wrong with the rotation? Players were injured. Now we are starting Randolph and Lee is backing him up. Every thing is as it should be.

The problem as I see it is that too many fans are unable to view and talk about this team objectively. Most of us take a point of view and we stick to it regardless of the facts that are presented to us. You're ether a Democrat or a Republican, Lefty or Righty. I'm neutral. I think Thomas was given a blank check and used it to the point that it made us a joke in the media. But who cares about the media. I'm not a media fan I'm a Knicks fan! The cap should have been a concern but if the owner doesn't care why should Thomas? Thomas is a good coach. Curry had a season high under Thomas and I think there's more to come. And all this talk about Randolph not being good for this team is nonsense. All of yall will be riding him and Curry when we start winning games. I can't wait.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Head Coach give the "Green-Light" to shoot 18 shots or more per game?
They have to average 20 points or more, not 19 points .... but 20 points.
If they cant average 20 points on 18 shots that player NBA career will go down quicker than Francis on a losing team.

Curry only averages 13 shots a game lol. And when he does shoot from 20+ shots then we have to look at the stat line....

Shots Attempted Pts Scored
20 22
24 36
22 30
20 22
19 34
20 43
20 28

To me...now this is just my opinion...when Curry is given the opportunity to shoot 18,19,20+ shots a game...he produces. Which is why he's top 5 C in the game right now. He also puts other defenders in foul trouble since no one can guard him 1 on 1. You may hate Isiah and you may Eddy Curry...but to degrade them as if they've done nothing and to act like they are the reasons we're losing is terrible. And we were a winning team and we were about to make the playoffs until multiple players were injured. So let's be real here...

dialdayo

Rookie
theres always a possibility that david lee can start...think bout this when q was health jamal backed him up and the knicks was a better team that way so the possible line up can be

1. marbury
2. richardson
3. lee.
4. randolph
5. curry

which is a much better lineup then jamal and jeffries starting!!

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
we're all tired of loosing and knick fans always know what to do with the team better than the professionals... until the season starts... i'm not making any more predictions... it's getting redundant... like Don Chris said... most people argue their point and really debate... I'll stay in the middle until the season starts...