Which knick said it?

Trin_Starr

Starter
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19983701/site/newsweek/page/0/

“You know with Stern, it’s all about we, the players, being wrong and having issues,” says one New York Knicks veteran player, who requested anonymity because he feared reprisal from the league. “We’re typically the bad guys, while others around us do what the hell [they want] with no punishment.”

“The league is big, but word gets around about who may be on the level and who isn’t,” says the Knicks player. “Many times I can predict what kind of night I’m going to have by who the refs are. I’m not saying they are all crooked—but [Donaghy] ain’t the only one, and that’s for sure.”

The article says it's a knicks vet...
That would be
Steph
Q
JC
Malik
Jefferies
Jerome
Zach
Curry

I'm thinking it's Big Snacks!

Now watch Stern mandate that Isiah expose all knicks players to a polygraph test to find out who it is and have them suspended and fined for saying something bad against the officiating lol :)

Starks

Starter
Well its semi proper English, so that takes Steph and Nate off the list.

It's gotta be Malik or Q.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
dats definately Q, plus he says he knows wat kind of night HE going have, so it cant be malik cuz he doesnt even know if going play dat night

jzero29

Rotation player
I'm not sure about Q or Malik

Well its semi proper English, so that takes Steph and Nate off the list.

It's gotta be Malik or Q.

dats definately Q, plus he says he knows wat kind of night HE going have, so it cant be malik cuz he doesnt even know if going play dat night

Your right malik, doesn't play enough or have that much of an imact on game when he does, He rebounds. Q, maybe but he seems kind of quiet. I was thinking curry, because he scores, and the refs influense his moves, with charge calls against and foul call for him. although, zach randolph is a vet, he hasn't been with the knicks long, so would he be a knicks vet, he is a veteran NBA player currently on knicks. I could see him saying it. Although my vote goes to Curry.
Anyway, the statement can be true, but of course you know certain refs call the game a certain way, so if one calls charges more than another, or lets guys bump and play more, you know what kind of night your gonna have, It's implication that guys are dirty is silly. If you know a guy calls a game a certain way, then he is consistent, it's when the guy makes the off the wall call, that raises flags. If a ref doesn't like certain players, doewsn't mean he's fixing the game, he just doesn't like the way a player plays, or just the player himself. I'm not saying this bias is fair, for that player, but if it's consistent, it's not a fix, it's a personal vendetta, which there is no place for a NBA officials having(personal feelings influence calls), but it's not fixing the game.
It makes them a bad ref. but not dirty.
Donahey, didn't pick on particular players, or particular styles of game, his concern was the final score of both teams. So if your not covering, he'd maybe give you a couple extra trips to the line, or if your winning and his team is losing, he'd make calls against you. It doesn't really have much to do with who you are. If a ref consitently makes a call on you, everytime he catches it no matter what the situation, then he's not fixing game. He may have a vendetta against you, and being unfair, but it doesn't imply he's dirty. So by his own statments, you can tell this player just has a grip about how certain refs call the game. This ref, may not even have a personal grip with him. It maybe he just always calls certain actions a foul, and this player does it a lot as where other refs maybe let it go a little more. Or maybe they don't call enough fouls in this players favor, maybe they let fouls go and this player disagrees.
Heck I saw ginobli and bowen man handle leabron james in the finals. The refs didn't really call it. were they fixing the game? or were they just letting play go? Do you think they had it out for leabron james(a highly endorsed face of NBA)? Or was it just the way they call a game, despite who's playing?
We can't count human error and human feelings in with the creep who, betrayed the game, who fixed the scores, by calling or not calling fouls. It's just that simple. Refs are human, they make mistakes they miss calls, they are imperfect.

Not Q or Malik too much class

Not Jerome doesn't play enough to know anything about the Refs

Not Eddy isn't like him to be passoinate about anything on the court

Not Steph he already thinks the NBA has it in for him

My Top canidates are...... Nate or Zach I like Nate but that is the type of thoughtless hot headed comment he would make, and Zach is a player who does get a lot of attention from the refs and who would feel passionate about the league portrayuing players as bad guys, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it being Lee because David is suprisingly very vocal with the media. But to whoever said it, you just better hope it doesn't get out who it was, because Stern is going to make Sprewell's fine look like a slap on the wrist.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
Not Q or Malik too much class

Not Jerome doesn't play enough to know anything about the Refs

Not Eddy isn't like him to be passoinate about anything on the court

Not Steph he already thinks the NBA has it in for him

My Top canidates are...... Nate or Zach I like Nate but that is the type of thoughtless hot headed comment he would make, and Zach is a player who does get a lot of attention from the refs and who would feel passionate about the league portrayuing players as bad guys, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it being Lee because David is suprisingly very vocal with the media. But to whoever said it, you just better hope it doesn't get out who it was, because Stern is going to make Sprewell's fine look like a slap on the wrist.
zach hasn't played a game for the knicks yet so he's not a knick vet. nate, i don't think he know the refs well enough yet and he's hardly an everynight player. you're right about q, malik, jerome, and eddy. jamal doesn't really talk much either. so i think it's steph... he's been talking quite a bit lately and he's using that good guy bad guy talk... see the the one where he talks about lebron and the espys... "i'm the good guy, i ain't the bad guy here..."
sounds familiar?

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
What about crawford? He's pretty well spoken and is a knick regular. Maybe hes felt slighted by some of his unproductive nights?
def dont think its steph or nate- nate jus seems like he doesnt have a clue, lol, hes more like a lil kid in a playground then compared to malik, steph or Q who have already been outspoken about different stuff.

It really seems like a ssteph thing to say, but i whoever made the comment about him not speaking like that is correct. but it's got to b randolph, someone who is routinely portrayed poorly by the media. I don't think the rest of the guys would feel compelled to comment on it.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Your right malik, doesn't play enough or have that much of an imact on game when he does, He rebounds. Q, maybe but he seems kind of quiet. I was thinking curry, because he scores, and the refs influense his moves, with charge calls against and foul call for him. although, zach randolph is a vet, he hasn't been with the knicks long, so would he be a knicks vet, he is a veteran NBA player currently on knicks. I could see him saying it. Although my vote goes to Curry.
Anyway, the statement can be true, but of course you know certain refs call the game a certain way, so if one calls charges more than another, or lets guys bump and play more, you know what kind of night your gonna have, It's implication that guys are dirty is silly. If you know a guy calls a game a certain way, then he is consistent, it's when the guy makes the off the wall call, that raises flags. If a ref doesn't like certain players, doewsn't mean he's fixing the game, he just doesn't like the way a player plays, or just the player himself. I'm not saying this bias is fair, for that player, but if it's consistent, it's not a fix, it's a personal vendetta, which there is no place for a NBA officials having(personal feelings influence calls), but it's not fixing the game.
It makes them a bad ref. but not dirty.
Donahey, didn't pick on particular players, or particular styles of game, his concern was the final score of both teams. So if your not covering, he'd maybe give you a couple extra trips to the line, or if your winning and his team is losing, he'd make calls against you. It doesn't really have much to do with who you are. If a ref consitently makes a call on you, everytime he catches it no matter what the situation, then he's not fixing game. He may have a vendetta against you, and being unfair, but it doesn't imply he's dirty. So by his own statments, you can tell this player just has a grip about how certain refs call the game. This ref, may not even have a personal grip with him. It maybe he just always calls certain actions a foul, and this player does it a lot as where other refs maybe let it go a little more. Or maybe they don't call enough fouls in this players favor, maybe they let fouls go and this player disagrees.
Heck I saw ginobli and bowen man handle leabron james in the finals. The refs didn't really call it. were they fixing the game? or were they just letting play go? Do you think they had it out for leabron james(a highly endorsed face of NBA)? Or was it just the way they call a game, despite who's playing?
We can't count human error and human feelings in with the creep who, betrayed the game, who fixed the scores, by calling or not calling fouls. It's just that simple. Refs are human, they make mistakes they miss calls, they are imperfect.

Definately agree with you about the ref perception... you make a valid point about EC... but he's a career soft spoken kinda guy... he doesn't like to rock the boat much... my money would be on steph... it seems like the kinda thing he'd say... but in the past... he has never made "anonymous" comments... hmmm... maybe this ref thing is scaring players...