Reggie and now Houston...Can/Should we use him?

reuel

Rookie
Was i the only one who was upset when i saw jefferies with #20 I thought they shouldn't have let that happen especially when your a bum. We really can use houston in NY we don't really have a proven lveteran eader other than malik rose. we need someone to show these young boys how to play like an all-star.
don't know how much minutes will be available to him, but i'd rather have him than jefferies, nate, fred and dickau

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I remember in 1999 I was out at this club called Veruka (prob spelled wrong) and saw Houston. I went up to his table and shook his hand and told him that I was a big fan. 4am rolls around I am ready top leave and notice Houston is till sitting there throwing drinks back. The reason I was leaving was to get up for the Knicks/Miami game at 12 Noon.

The next day he had a horrible 1st half. Clyde even remarked that Houston looked drunk. I know he was just saying that as a joke but it happend to be true. Ever since that night I wanted Housrton gone. Houston can go and underacheive on another team!

No way do we need a washed up gunner,no D-playing on no knees ,ancles like Houston if anything make it interesting and drop the name Reggie Miller in this 3-point shooting anyone( before Bosten gets him!)

nyk_nyk

All Star
Despite all the negativity around Houston during his final season with the Knicks, I always liked his game. The only problem I had with him was his emotional drive. He never seemed to want to take over games. Don't get me wrong, he came through many times ini the clutch, but i wish he had that Ewing personality that sreamed I AM THE LEADER, GET ME THE BALL!

I'm glad he's trying to make a comeback because I believe he can still play at a high level. I wouldn't give up any of our young players to make room for him though.

gega

Rookie
alright alright I honestly would love to have Houston back with the knicks especially a steady and consistent shooter, hes a real shooting guard, but he would not fit in the system that Isiah is trying to do, a running fastbreak athletic team, thats not houston at all, yeah he would be a good locker room veteran leader guy for the young guys, but that would only make little difference if any, hes not toooo old but hes old, cant stop thinking what if he did come back and play lets say 20- 25 minutes, it might work but in the grand scheme not enough, not that necessary :fire:

Was i the only one who was upset when i saw jefferies with #20 I thought they shouldn't have let that happen especially when your a bum. We really can use houston in NY we don't really have a proven lveteran eader other than malik rose. we need someone to show these young boys how to play like an all-star.
don't know how much minutes will be available to him, but i'd rather have him than jefferies, nate, fred and dickau

Houston gave Jefferies permission to wear the #20 it had something to do with him being a mentor of sorts to Jefferies when Jefferies was a rookie.....I don't think Allan or Reggie will mount a successful come back. In Allan case it's not just that he is out of playing shape he left due to a chronic injury that doesn't neccesarily heal it's self over time. I guess he could go to a team like Orlando who needs veteran leadership, but I don't see him making a real impact anywhere. I never liked Reggie so I could care less how he looks out there.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
One of the best players that can actually can play well at the garden under pressure, and overall game play. He shoots the lights out at the garden. What concerns me is his age, and fitness. So I wouldn't want him here.

Look what happened to MJ. He didn't really make the Wizards better. and MJ was in a whole different league then Reggie Miller.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I want to bring H20 back but that would turn the depth chart upside down. If we didn't have JC then I would want to sign him now. But if we did add him to this roster then he would easily be the best jump shooter on the team. I want H20 back but this is a biased opinion...

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
WTF is happening!!!!
First Reggie, now H20 and I just read that Miami signed Penny!!! wtf is going on!!! lol :)

Penny really needs to role bak some tape of his last couple games... they must b hiding them from him cause otherwise he's just crazy...but maybe he just needs money lol

Toons

is the Bo$$
what will houston bring to the knicks?? nothing...thats what, when he's in, 2 guards will have carreer nights off of h20....he'sa old, washed up, and cant do anything but shoot, im sure nichols's j is wetter than his

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
...there is no J wetter than H20...the jump shot is the last thing to leave a basketball player. The very last thing. But you're right...i don't think his legs can guard the likes of quicker SG. The knicks miss H20...

jzero29

Rotation player
knicks could use a Shooting guard of his caliber

Knicks could use a role playing sharp shooter. One that may not get that many touches and isn't really counted on to do his own thing. But the guy guy who's left alone behind the arch on double teams and switches. The thing is we have plenty of guys like that now, except allen would make them pay! Not like the horrible 3point shooting we had last year thanks to crawford marbury and fransis. The knicks would be an ideal fit for him, with all the other scoring talent, he wouldn't be leaned on to much to create his and be the knicks offense, He could just be that extra guy that the ball gets rotated to and if he's open, there goes 3 points, make the defenses run. Steve kerr, sam perkins, played for a long time, when pretty much all they could contribute was a jumper.

Toons

is the Bo$$
OUR ROSTER CAN SCORE.....CAN WE DEFEND?? How will He improve us?? if isiah cuts anyone exept james and rose, i think ill change my mind on being light on isiah....we dont need an experiment right now....and knowing knick fans who want him back, a few games after you guys see iverson, wade, gilbert, kobe and other 2 guard start rape h20 on the court, you all will call isiah an idiot. Id be happier if rodman made a comeback and was interested in the knicks.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
...there is no J wetter than H20...the jump shot is the last thing to leave a basketball player. The very last thing. But you're right...i don't think his legs can guard the likes of quicker SG. The knicks miss H20...

First of all, Houston couldn't guard half the SG in the league in his "prime". Secondly, the J may be the last thing to go, but with out the legs there is no lift...I'm sorry but it's really been three or four years since Houston has played and I can't imagine his knees have improved at the age of 38 or 39.

metrocard

Legend
what will houston bring to the knicks??

Shooting and veteran leadership. Something that separates us from the elite teams.

Houston won't answer our biggest problems, but he can be an asset off the bench for Richardson or Collins.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Penny really needs to role bak some tape of his last couple games... they must b hiding them from him cause otherwise he's just crazy...but maybe he just needs money lol

Gonna say I think the same can be said for Houston....You have to remember, these guys had the same surgery...Penny never recovered, and he was a hell of a lot better than Houston pre-surgery, not to mention it's only been a year since Penny played last....