PDA

View Full Version : Next season's starting lineup

Pages : [1] 2

kej718
Aug 10, 2007, 19:22
Starters
Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, Quentin Richardson, Stephon Marbury, & Mardy Collins
Let Mardy handle the ball and if Eddy or Zach get doubled they can kick it out to Steph or Q and they can hit the jumper or 3. Our 2nd unit looks pretty good also.

C
Eddy Curry
Randolph Morris

PF
Zach Randolph
David Lee
Malik Rose

SF
Quentin Richardson
Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler

SG
Stephon Marbury
Jamal Crawford
Demetris Nichols

PG
Mardy Collins
Nate Robinson

Trade or release:
Jared Jeffries
Dan Dickau
Fred Jones
Jerome James

OriginalKnickGrandson
Aug 10, 2007, 19:49
07-08 Lineup marbury,crawford,Q,randolf,curry 3-shooters with this lineup love collins but no jump-shot. Agree with trade,release or buyout of jerome,dickau and jones still think jeffries could be usefull as a defencive backup-backup at the 3 or 4.

D-Lee42fan
Aug 10, 2007, 20:04
I agree with the trade list, but yeah gotta keep jeffries for D, we dont NEED james, dickau, or jones at all. Please get rid of them, waive them or somthin and sign Nichols. Great Starting line up. We can definately win a lot of games with those starting 5.

GO KNICKS!

The 1 and Only
Aug 10, 2007, 21:54
07-08 Lineup marbury,crawford,Q,randolf,curry 3-shooters with this lineup love collins but no jump-shot. Agree with trade,release or buyout of jerome,dickau and jones still think jeffries could be usefull as a defencive backup-backup at the 3 or 4.

Mos def...gotta keep Marbury, JC, and Q-Rich for the 3pt shooting. I would love to put Balkman at the 3 but then the 3 on the opposing team would double down on the bigs and we can't have that upping our turnovers. Have to put legit 3pt shooters in the lineup to stop that.

PG Marbury
SG Crawford
SF Q-Rich
PF Randolph
C Curry

This must be the lineup otherwise it's going to be TO galore

theknicks3
Aug 11, 2007, 05:09
Starters
Let Mardy handle the ball and if Eddy or Zach get doubled they can kick it out to Steph or Q and they can hit the jumper or 3. Our 2nd unit looks pretty good also.

C
Eddy Curry
Randolph Morris

PF
Zach Randolph
David Lee
Malik Rose

SF
Quentin Richardson
Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler

SG
Stephon Marbury
Jamal Crawford
Demetris Nichols

PG
Mardy Collins
Nate Robinson

Trade or release:
Jared Jeffries
Dan Dickau
Fred Jones
Jerome James

I want to keep Fred Jones to see what he can do. I think he will come in handy. But other than that good post. I like the suggestions

gega
Aug 11, 2007, 09:33
Im liking it im liking it but....I would stick Balkman at the 3 cause I dont think the 3 on the other team will double the bigs, cause theres two bigs Zbo and EC. that way better defence at the 3 better rebounding at the 3 and so we got two shooters a do it all guy and then 2 bigs..

MARBURY, JC, BALKMAN, ZBO, EC

C
Eddy Curry
Randolph Morris

PF
Zach Randolph
David Lee

SF
Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler

SG
Jamal Crawford
Quentin Richardson
Demetris Nichols

PG
Steph Marbury
Nate Robinson
Mardy Collins

Trade or release:
Jared Jeffries
Dan Dickau
Fred Jones
Jerome James
Malik Rose
:fire:

Pedro De Pacas
Aug 11, 2007, 09:58
I'd prefer Q over JC and keep Dickau instead of Nate.

MARBURY, Q-RICH, BALKMAN, ZBO, EC

C
Eddy Curry
Randolph Morris

PF
Zach Randolph
David Lee

SF
Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler

SG
Quentin Richardson
Jamal Crawford
Demetris Nichols

PG
Steph Marbury
Mardy Collins
Dan Dickau

Trade or release:
Nate Robinson
Jared Jeffries
Fred Jones
Jerome James
Malik Rose
[/QUOTE]

OriginalKnickGrandson
Aug 11, 2007, 11:30
Not a bad lineup I love nate's penatration but he lacks court vision to make him a point guard he is a short shoting guard with a heck of a lot of athletic talent. This lineup only works if Lee is off the bench for PF and SF as well.

The 1 and Only
Aug 11, 2007, 12:27
Lee hasn't proved that he can guard the 3...can't put him there until he does

Ewings Knicks
Aug 11, 2007, 18:12
Starters

C
Eddy Curry
Randolph Morris

PF
Zach Randolph
David Lee
Malik Rose

SF
Quentin Richardson
Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler

SG
Stephon Marbury
Jamal Crawford
Demetris Nichols

PG
Mardy Collins
Nate Robinson

Trade or release:
Jared Jeffries
Dan Dickau
Fred Jones
Jerome James

I agree with you line up with the exception of Mr. Crawford not being at the 2. Mardy Collins starting over Jamal. Are you a Celetic fan cause your helping them out with Mardy at the 2.
Mardy Collins:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=742 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid width=738>SEASON AVERAGES
</TD><TD width=2>http://www.nba.com/media/homepage/stats_header_lft.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="playerStatTable careerAvg" borderColor=#cccccc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><!-- begin preseason if --><TBODY><TR class=title><TD class=year>Season</TD><TD class=team>Team</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>MPG</TD><TD>FG%</TD><TD>3p%</TD><TD>FT%</TD><TD>OFF</TD><TD>DEF</TD><TD>RPG</TD><TD>APG</TD><TD>SPG</TD><TD>BPG</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PPG</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>06-07</TD><TD class=tm>NYK</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>14.9</TD><TD>0.382</TD><TD>0.277</TD><TD>0.585</TD><TD>0.5</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>2.0</TD><TD>1.6</TD><TD>0.6</TD><TD>0.1</TD><TD>1.10</TD><TD>1.40</TD><TD>4.5</TD></TR><TR class=career><TD class=col_1>Career</TD><TD class=col_2> </TD><TD>52</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>14.9</TD><TD>0.382</TD><TD>0.277</TD><TD>0.585</TD><TD>0.5</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>2.0</TD><TD>1.6</TD><TD>0.6</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>1.10</TD><TD>1.40</TD><TD>4.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--end career stats--><!--last 3 games-->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=742 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=2>http://www.nba.com/media/homepage/stats_header_rt.gif</TD><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid width=738>Jamal Crawford:
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=statsHeader cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=742 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid width=738>Career Season Averages
</TD><TD width=2>http://www.nba.com/media/homepage/stats_header_lft.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="playerStatTable careerAvg" borderColor=#cccccc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR class=title><TD class=year>Year</TD><TD class=team>Team</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>MPG</TD><TD>FG%</TD><TD>3P%</TD><TD>FT%</TD><TD>OFF</TD><TD>DEF</TD><TD>RPG</TD><TD>APG</TD><TD>SPG</TD><TD>BPG</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PPG</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD class=yr>00-01</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>61</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>17.2</TD><TD>0.352</TD><TD>0.350</TD><TD>0.794</TD><TD>0.1</TD><TD>1.3</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>2.3</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>1.39</TD><TD>1.10</TD><TD>4.6</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>00-01</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>61</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>17.2</TD><TD>0.352</TD><TD>0.350</TD><TD>0.794</TD><TD>0.1</TD><TD>1.3</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>2.3</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>1.39</TD><TD>1.10</TD><TD>4.6</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD class=yr>01-02</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>20.9</TD><TD>0.476</TD><TD>0.448</TD><TD>0.769</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>1.3</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>0.8</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>1.39</TD><TD>0.80</TD><TD>9.3</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>01-02</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>20.9</TD><TD>0.476</TD><TD>0.448</TD><TD>0.769</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>1.3</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>0.8</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>1.39</TD><TD>0.80</TD><TD>9.3</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD class=yr>02-03</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>24.9</TD><TD>0.413</TD><TD>0.355</TD><TD>0.806</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>2.1</TD><TD>2.3</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>1.68</TD><TD>1.60</TD><TD>10.7</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>02-03</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>24.9</TD><TD>0.413</TD><TD>0.355</TD><TD>0.806</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>2.1</TD><TD>2.3</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>1.68</TD><TD>1.60</TD><TD>10.7</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD class=yr>03-04</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>73</TD><TD>35.1</TD><TD>0.386</TD><TD>0.317</TD><TD>0.833</TD><TD>0.6</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>3.5</TD><TD>5.1</TD><TD>1.4</TD><TD>0.4</TD><TD>2.41</TD><TD>2.00</TD><TD>17.3</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>03-04</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>73</TD><TD>35.1</TD><TD>0.386</TD><TD>0.317</TD><TD>0.833</TD><TD>0.6</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>3.5</TD><TD>5.1</TD><TD>1.4</TD><TD>0.4</TD><TD>2.41</TD><TD>2.00</TD><TD>17.3</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD class=yr>04-05</TD><TD class=tm>NYK</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>36.9</TD><TD>0.394</TD><TD>0.345</TD><TD>0.857</TD><TD>0.5</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>2.9</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>1.4</TD><TD>0.4</TD><TD>2.42</TD><TD>2.10</TD><TD>19.2</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>04-05</TD><TD class=tm>NYK</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>67</TD><TD>38.4</TD><TD>0.398</TD><TD>0.361</TD><TD>0.843</TD><TD>0.5</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>2.9</TD><TD>4.3</TD><TD>1.3</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>2.11</TD><TD>1.90</TD><TD>17.7</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD class=yr>05-06</TD><TD class=tm>NYK</TD><TD>79</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>32.3</TD><TD>0.416</TD><TD>0.345</TD><TD>0.826</TD><TD>0.5</TD><TD>2.7</TD><TD>3.1</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>1.1</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>2.22</TD><TD>1.90</TD><TD>14.3</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>06-07</TD><TD class=tm>NYK</TD><TD>59</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>37.3</TD><TD>0.400</TD><TD>0.320</TD><TD>0.838</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>2.5</TD><TD>3.2</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>0.1</TD><TD>2.75</TD><TD>1.90</TD><TD>17.6</TD></TR><!-- Check if career stats are null first --><TR class=career><TD class=col_1>Career</TD><TD class=col_2>--</TD><TD>452</TD><TD>248</TD><TD>30.5</TD><TD>0.401</TD><TD>0.342</TD><TD>0.830</TD><TD>0.4</TD><TD>2.3</TD><TD>2.7</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>1.1</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>2.06</TD><TD>1.70</TD><TD>13.6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My fellow brethren's you guy's decide who should be at the 2. Got love for Mardy but ...................

metrocard
Aug 11, 2007, 21:28
Mardy > Jamal

Marbury is NOT a SG. He's the best passer on this team. Putting him at SG just doesn't make sense.

nyKnicks126
Aug 12, 2007, 21:43
C. Eddy Curry
PF. Zach Randolph
SF. Renaldo Balkman
SG. Jamal Crawford
PG. Stephon Marbury

This is simple but if we make a trade for Artest the starting lineup is the same but the small forward of course will be Artest not Balkman.

metrocard
Aug 12, 2007, 21:48
C. Eddy Curry
PF. Zach Randolph
SF. Renaldo Balkman
SG. Jamal Crawford
PG. Stephon Marbury

This is simple but if we make a trade for Artest the starting lineup is the same but the small forward of course will be Artest not Balkman.

I would be pleased with Balkman starting, I honestly believe he could produce Kirilenko like numbers as a starter.

gega
Aug 13, 2007, 07:18
I agree that looks like the line up i posted we got two shooters a do it all guy and then 2 bigs. perfect combo :fire:

nyKnicks126
Aug 13, 2007, 08:53
I would be pleased with Balkman starting, I honestly believe he could produce Kirilenko like numbers as a starter.

Yeah man I couldn't agree more. You are right. Balkman is already a all around type of player and still he has potential to be better or like Andre.

I agree that looks like the line up i posted we got two shooters a do it all guy and then 2 bigs. perfect combo :fire:

I didn't even look at your lineup until now lol sorry. We both agree with that kind of a lineup I think its great. Jamal Crawford had a great chemistry with Eddy Curry, thats why I wanted to great him over anyone else on the team. N' since Jamal had a great chemistry with Curry. I think the same might happen with the other big man Z Bo.

LJ4ptplay
Aug 13, 2007, 09:26

I love Balkman, but he shouldn't start at the 3 spot until he can develop a jumper. Remember when Jeffries would start? Teams would double off of Jeffries man and just dare him to take a shot. It would be the same with Balkman at the 3. He, like Lee, should come of the bench to bring energy and hustle. Balkman is one of my favorite Knicks, but unfortunately he is an offensive liability.

Starting line-up: PG-Marbury, SG-Crawford, SF-Q. Rich, PF-Randolph, C-Curry.

If we get Artest: PG-Marbury, SG-Q. Rich, SF-Artest, PF-Randolph, C-Curry.

Kiyaman
Aug 13, 2007, 11:51
I still say the Knicks Talented Roster is a "TWO-UNIT" Roster at the beginning of the season to gain enough chemistry together by midseason it could be broken down to a "MESHING" 8-Man Rotation.

The Starting Knick Lineup that every Knick-Fan should know by now (from watching last season) that will get off to a great start as soon as the 2007-8 regular season begin is:

PG-Marbury

SG-Crawford

SF-Q.Richardson

PF-David Lee

C-Curry

Sorry but I say, Zach is new to the Eastern Conference and his teammates so I would let him BOND with Balkman comming off the bench together to teamup on Knick oposition teams bench players to gain the lead or extend the lead in the first or second quarter. Who knows Zach may LUV playing alongside of a complimentary player like Bakman who knows how to pass to his Bigmen downlow. This would also take pressure off of Zach early in the season.
However, the new addition of PF-Zach Randolph high contract and 23-10 stat-sheet makes alot of Knick-Fans and President Isiah Thomas believe that Zach will "MESH" with the Knicks Starters in the opening game of the season. LOL!
Then we have Jared Jefferies who has been reported this offseason as working hard to improve his game from last season which was attrocious in every way one could think of last season, but may have President Isiah Thomas giving him playingtime over Renaldo Balkman who should be this 2007-8 season 6th Man of the year.

It gets even scary with Fred Jones on the Knicks roster, it is said that Isiah Thomas had Larry Bird draft Fred Jones when he was the Coach of the Indiana Pacers, but Isiah got FIRED that draft offseason. Will he give Fred Jones a chance in the Knicks Guards lineup when Coach Zeke really have the chance to finally START both Marbury & Crawford for the first time for all 82 games since they arrived, with Nate & Collins coming off the bench to add offense and defense to the Guard rotation? will giving Fred Jones playingtime affect such a rotation?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

The 1 and Only
Aug 13, 2007, 13:35
I love Balkman, but he shouldn't start at the 3 spot until he can develop a jumper. Remember when Jeffries would start? Teams would double off of Jeffries man and just dare him to take a shot. It would be the same with Balkman at the 3. He, like Lee, should come of the bench to bring energy and hustle. Balkman is one of my favorite Knicks, but unfortunately he is an offensive liability.

Starting line-up: PG-Marbury, SG-Crawford, SF-Q. Rich, PF-Randolph, C-Curry.

If we get Artest: PG-Marbury, SG-Q. Rich, SF-Artest, PF-Randolph, C-Curry.

I agree exactly...in fact that is the exact lineup I had on my previous post. Money post...

GetRealistic
Aug 13, 2007, 13:53
Did one of you guys actually try to compare the stats of Mardy with Jamal. Obviously Mardy has lesser stats being as he didn't get any serious minutes till the end of the season. I don't remember the exact numbers so don't kill me, but i think he average 15.0 ppg 5 rebounds and 5 assists over the last 10 games or so. All that said Mardy isn't ready to start yet, maybe later into the season but not to start the year.

My lineup and again before you kill me remember just cause you start the game doesn't mean you finish the game or for that matter if you start your backup may get more minutes.

My lineup would be a lineup that puts our best perimeter D out there to start the game and still leaves us some scoring punch and energy off the bench.

Marbury
Q
JJ
Zack
Curry

Jefferies may only play the first 5 minutes of each half but i think he could help us defensively at the onset of games.

OriginalKnickGrandson
Aug 13, 2007, 18:24
Need crawford at the 2 for shooting the 3 and dishes to his main man curry

metrocard
Aug 13, 2007, 19:07

Crawford sucks at shooting the 3. 32&#37; is awful for the high rate of shots Crawford shoots.

I love what Mardy Collins brings to this team.

POISE.

He doesn't force anything and is a great intangibles type of guy. He's a 15 ppg 5 rebs 5 assist 1.5 stls a game player. His jumpshot will come along.

Ewings Knicks
Aug 13, 2007, 19:56
Crawford sucks at shooting the 3. 32% is awful for the high rate of shots Crawford shoots.

POISE.

He doesn't force anything and is a great intangibles type of guy. He's a 15 ppg 5 rebs 5 assist 1.5 stls a game player. His jumpshot will come along.
Man you really don't like Crawford at all Metro. Can you please tell what Mardy has brung to this team. Please.

Kiyaman
Aug 13, 2007, 20:40
The Knicks are finally starting a season with the Marbury & Crawford backcourt tandem making them Starters for 82 games.
Will the two guards have a PLAN?
Will they LEAD this team from the backcourt?
We Knick Fans will finally have the chance to see if the two guards could work together for 82 games (it took 3 seasons just to see Isiah Thomas Vision of a Marbury & Crawford bacourt leading this team in the 2007-8 season.).
They should have been the Knicks Starters & Finishers the last 3 seasons.

Having Nate Robinson & Collins comming off the bench to add either Offense or Defense in the guard rotation is much better than all the teams in the Atlantic Division off-bench guards.

Now, what Isiah does with Guards Fred Jones & Dickau may become distasteful if it involves them in the rotation on this team.

Kiyaman
Aug 14, 2007, 10:21
Read 20 times

If the Knicks had a WINNING-Head-Coach rather than a political head coach then he would see how silly it is to put all your main top scorers in the STARTING Lineup. Especially when all your Complimentary Players who play both sides of the court are all your BENCH-PLAYERS whom could use a BIGMAN Scorer (Zach) and a Backcourt Scorer (Nate) off the bench.
The Knicks Bench Players:
Balkman (rebounder), Nate (Scorer), Collins (Assists), Malik (Leadership), Morris, Chandler, JJ, and JJ. Plus Zach or Lee?

When you look at the Knicks Bench, it is missing the 15 to 25 point frontcourt player that will put this Knick Team over the edge of alot of improved teams in the league this season (Zach 23-10 off the bench). Boston KG would have to play 48 MPG, Bosh 48 MPG, Ben 48 MPG, Dalembert 48 MPG, Amare 48 MPG, Boone 48 MPG, Okafor 48 MPG, Howard 48 MPG, Etc., to defend the Knicks Frontcourt scoring Tandems of Curry & Lee then Zach & Balkman. Teams with three Frontcourt weapons like Shaq, Mourning, and Haslem, or Duncan, Horry, and Obert, or Webber, Mcdyess, and Rasheed, or Lebron Big-3 of Z, Gooden, and Varejao, may give the Knicks frontcourt competition.
Starting both Frontcourt Scorers "Curry & Zach" is a sure way to lose more games than you WIN this season.

So the Knicks head Coach Zeke has an important decision to make when it comes to Starting Zach Randolph early in the season. Zach style and Curry style of play will take a very long time for the two to MESH together.

Channing Fyre was not supposed to Start with Curry last season.
David Lee was supposed to Start with Curry last season.
We all seen alot of Power Fowards play alongside of Eddy Curry in Chicago and New York. Eddy Curry played at his best with hustling PF such as Chandelor, Harrington, Nocioni, and David Lee. The Curry & Davis tandem played decent in Chicago, but on the Knicks they both looked like bums untill SF-David Lee was put with them in the Starting lineup to WIN 6th straight games (Recall).

PF-Zach Randolph may be the better player, but C-Eddy Curry needs a complimentary PF (David Lee) alongside of him the majority of his playingtime on the court. In time during the early part of the season the Knicks Head coach should show flashes of the Curry & Zach Tandem (Teasing teams of the future).

Player Controversy: All Threee Players Crawford, Q.Richardson, and Curry plays at their best alongside of David Lee, and would prefer David Lee to Start the season with them in the Starting lineup. Knick Players Controversy?

At the start of the season having a deep Bench where you could stop the game, put players like Zach, Balkman, and Nate into the game at the same time (Is what I mean by a 2nd-Unit) to get Fresh-legs scoring & rebounding with intensity. And still have two of the Starters on the court to mesh with this 2nd Unit
(Molding the 8-Man Rotation).
PG-Marbury
SG-Crawford
SF-Q.Rich
PF-Lee
C-Curry
6th-Balkman
7th-Nate
8th-Zach

With the Knicks first 8-Men in the game they will finally have the chance to take the scoring lead by controlling the majority of the games, holding the scoring lead the Knicks will be able to give short playingtime to Role-Players like 9th-Man PG/SG-Collins, 10th-Man Morris, and 11-Man Rose, 12th-Man Jared Jefferies.

donchris
Aug 14, 2007, 10:52
Why in God's name do you insist on benching Randolph. Randolph has flaws but he is the truth. We'd have the best 4 & 5 combo in the league. Why not be happy that Superman can fly instead of bitch about his Kryptonite weakness. Defense is something the entire team will need to work on and be consistent with. Non the less Randolph and Curry can work. All they need to do is pass the ball from time to time.

jzero29
Aug 14, 2007, 12:36
Did one of you guys actually try to compare the stats of Mardy with Jamal. Obviously Mardy has lesser stats being as he didn't get any serious minutes till the end of the season. I don't remember the exact numbers so don't kill me, but i think he average 15.0 ppg 5 rebounds and 5 assists over the last 10 games or so. All that said Mardy isn't ready to start yet, maybe later into the season but not to start the year.

Marbury
Q
JJ
Zack
Curry

Jefferies may only play the first 5 minutes of each half but i think he could help us defensively at the onset of games.
Jefferies? whyput one of the most disapointing knicks on the floor with the starters at all. Especially if you plan to take him out after 5minutes? why not let a good starting 5 jell.

See below quote from metro card. I think our problem was that we had crawford shooting 3's.

Crawford sucks at shooting the 3. 32% is awful for the high rate of shots Crawford shoots.

POISE.

I agree jamaal isn't the best shooter, (and i hate him) but collins just hasn't had consistent minutes to prove he has poise. He was good at season start, and again in the end. Lets see how he plays this season before he is labled as bringing poise. I hope he cuts into crawfords minutes, but he should still be behind him on depth chart, for now. Collins needs to prove he can outplay jamaal(shoudn't be hard or take long) Then you can take jamaal out. Although i think q should start over jamaal.

Why in God's name do you insist on benching Randolph. Randolph has flaws but he is the truth. We'd have the best 4 & 5 combo in the league. Why not be happy that Superman can fly instead of bitch about his Kryptonite weakness. Defense is something the entire team will need to work on and be consistent with. Non the less Randolph and Curry can work. All they need to do is pass the ball from time to time.
i agree give randolph curry combo a chance, for one they don't play the same position, like francis marbury combo, and they aren't the same player either. Zach, has a good mid range game. Defense, they need work, but if you sandwich curry with, lee and zack, or q, they will get many rebounds. We'll just have to see.

metrocard
Aug 14, 2007, 14:08
Does anyone watch this team play? No one here saw what Collins did last season?

jzero29
Aug 14, 2007, 14:46
Does anyone watch this team play? No one here saw what Collins did last season?
sorry, deleted last post eating own words... you're right at end of season he came around. he avg 15pt and 5rebounds and 5 assists. The knicks still lost a lot of those games. I also remember seeing him play a lot of garbage time minutes, which when your always down by 20 mid 4th quarter, you get alot. granted he'd help them come back. But not close enough.
Still think he needs to earn it, and like i said, with crawfords shody shooting, he it shouldn't take him long. I like collins and think he's our future SG, Don't want it to go to his head and have another blazing crawford type, hitting 5 of 20 for 15points(w/FT and 3's) I'd rather see him be good! Let him earn the spot, and be proud of his hard work to get there not just handed the spot because JC blows. I'd like to see him over take jamaal during season as Knicks fans favorite SG and starter.

donchris
Aug 14, 2007, 16:39
We've got plenty of SG's. We need a good PG to back up Marbury. Some one with serious handles and passing ability and can knock down the occasional three. I'd like to see Collins play the point. I also like to see what Dickau can do as a PG. One of these guys should be our man.

The 1 and Only
Aug 14, 2007, 18:12
Nate deserves PT over dickau. Backing up JC and Marbury with Nate and Mardy isn't a bad idea. This is our backcourt for the future plus it's a change of pace/high tempo type of lineup with Balkman and Lee joined with them. Dickau gets shipped from team to team for a reason...

starbury1234
Aug 14, 2007, 21:05
Starting lineup
PG Stephon / Mardy
SG Jamal/ Lil nate the great
SF Q Rich/jared jeffries
PF Zach/D lee
C Eddy/Jerome

lilman_bklyn
Aug 15, 2007, 05:32
I truly hate threads like these... but whatever. The season is close but at the same time, Training camp hasn't started yet, the knicks have players they have to cut or trade. Who will be the starting 5.. let's start to try and figure this out in september after we trade Zach Randolphs YEAHHHHH LOL...

8th seed
Aug 15, 2007, 22:17
[quote=metrocard;35959]Does anyone watch this team play? No one here saw what Collins did last season?[/quote.

Metrocard you have to understand that Jamal Crawford is raw talent that can grow and develop. Collins is a good player and a solid player, but Jamal has a chance to be great. On he various occasions he has shown flashes of brilliance. With better education of the game he can be one of the best in today's game. On the other hand Collins will now and however be just a solid player.

gega
Aug 15, 2007, 22:38
that kinda makes sense:fire:

Kiyaman
Aug 15, 2007, 22:48
I truly hate threads like these... but whatever. The season is close but at the same time, Training camp hasn't started yet, the knicks have players they have to cut or trade. Who will be the starting 5.. let's start to try and figure this out in september after we trade Zach Randolphs YEAHHHHH LOL...

Your right, a THREAD like this is BAD on the Spurs Board, Piston Board, Mavs Board, Cavs Board, Suns Board, or even the Bulls Board. But on the Knicks-Board and Forums it has become a need every Off-Season with President/Coach Isiah Thomas. YES! its really that bad.

Take a look at all the different Opening-Season Starting lineups the Knicks had in the last Three seasons. Got to go .....

Isiah's Advocate 33
Aug 16, 2007, 10:34
Starters

C
Eddy Curry
Randolph Morris

PF
Zach Randolph
David Lee
Malik Rose

SF
Quentin Richardson
Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler

SG
Stephon Marbury
Jamal Crawford
Demetris Nichols

PG
Mardy Collins
Nate Robinson

Trade or release:
Jared Jeffries
Dan Dickau
Fred Jones
Jerome James

I love Mardy I want him to start as well, but no way Isiah has Jamal coming off the bench behind him, although I would like the look of that starting 5 if he did, we do however need to keep Fred Jones or Jefferies, because they are both solid defenders. I think Dan Dik would be a solid backup on another team but we have way too many guards to keep him. Jerome James unless he comes back to camp looking lilke the player we hoped to acquire seems like the other sure shot buyout to go along with Dickau.

Steph
Mardy
Nate

Crawford
Nate
Q
Nichols

Q
Balkman
Jefferies
Chandler

Zach
Lee
Jefferies
Chandler

Eddy
Zach
Lee

Chandler is a better player than Jefferies it would appear but because he's a rookie I don't see him jumping Jefferies in the rotation just yet, I think that he and Nichols could also benefit from sometime in the D League

metrocard
Aug 16, 2007, 19:48
[quote=metrocard;35959]Does anyone watch this team play? No one here saw what Collins did last season?[/quote.

Metrocard you have to understand that Jamal Crawford is raw talent that can grow and develop. Collins is a good player and a solid player, but Jamal has a chance to be great. On he various occasions he has shown flashes of brilliance. With better education of the game he can be one of the best in today's game. On the other hand Collins will now and however be just a solid player.

Thats not understandable.

Crawford is a NBA veteran, he's 27 and has been in the league for over 6 years. He's the same player, who hasn't shown much progress, only bits of progress. His potential is limited, because he only excels when he plays freely. Crawford cannot fit in any NBA system, if he did, he would be average 23 ppg. Instead he's 17 ppg in 38 minutes. Nothing too impress at all.

Collins rebounds, passes, plays with poise(something very important since Curry is our main option. Crawford plays wreckless and forces the tempo too much, not good for Curry's production) , defends the perimeter, has the intangibles and fundamentals Crawford which he had. Collins does everything better than Crawford besides shoot. Crawford isn't even a good shooter with a 32% 3pt and 40% FG.

Crawford right now is a C+ player who's full potential is B-. Collins is a better all around player and a better player for our system, plus he's younger, has a cheaper contract. If anything, Collins has much more potential to improve his jumpshot which will open up his whole offense. Collins scored 15 ppg as a starter without a jumpshot. Crawford scores 17 ppg on chucking, carrying the ball, turnovers, some more chucking. So who has more potential? Crawford is already predictable. Collins gives you the total package and is a better compliment to Marbury than Crawford is.

Earning the SG spot for Collins will be a piece of cake. Crawford has the most slumps than any player on this team, he's by far the most inconsitant and ass player we have on this roster.

When Crawford utilizes his mid range game more and accually stops carrying the ball, I would love to keep him at SG. Because Crawford's best offensive weapon is the weapon he doesn't use enough; the mid range jumper(off the screen or off the dribble)

Everyone talks about Curry needing to lose weight, how about Crawford bulking up to 200 lbs? or being more physical on defense. Theres too many holes in Crawford's game to start him and expect winning basketball.

Kiyaman
Aug 17, 2007, 09:05
The Knicks STARTERS should be Picked in Training Camp, before the Preseason Games start.
If second season combo-guard Mardy Collins come in Training-Camp Healthy to give 18 to 20 minutes of a solid PT performance than the Knicks will have THREE Great Complimentary 6th-Men in Collins, Balkman, and David Lee, inwhich one if not two should be in the STARTING-LINEUP.
Having practically one dimensional scorers in players Curry, Zach, Q.Richardson, Crawford, and Marbury on the roster and as STARTERS is not a good sign when it comes to playing defense inwhich each of the players will be scared to commit a foul and taken out the game.

We as Knick-Fans do not want to start the Season off losing consecitive games in the first quarter for the third season in a row, because the Starting Lineup is not aware of each other skillz and talents.

Oh yeah! After SF-Jared Jefferies second game played as a Knick averaging 30 MPG, player SF-Q,Richardson came down with a Season-Injury that gave Coach Isiah Thomas the chance to prove his offseason-plan of STARTERS: 6.11 Jared Jefferies, 6.11 Frye, and 6.11 Curry.

P.S. NBA Sports Writers and Commentators would speak highly of President/Coach Isiah Thomas this offseason if Isiah would have announced to the PRESS that Players "Eddy Curry & David Lee" was going to be his Starters next season, and the new addition of Zach Randolph will get a chance to play with both of his Starters off the bench to gain chemistry with the team. This should have been done when Isiah Thomas was question several times this offseason about the David Lee for Artest trade by the Press.
But.... it seems Isiah Thomas dont want to give any Credit or publicity to the Performance of David Lee this past season with the team or for WINNING the Solphmore MVP. The only reason why David Lee is still a Knick is because of the Knicks Player RATINGS having put David Lee as the number one Top Knick-Fan-Favorite, to me that's what is actually keeping Isiah Thomas his JOB after 3 full seasons of only 89-WINS...

The 1 and Only
Aug 17, 2007, 10:37
P.S. NBA Sports Writers and Commentators would speak highly of President/Coach Isiah Thomas this offseason if Isiah would have announced to the PRESS that Players "Eddy Curry & David Lee" was going to be his Starters next season, and the new addition of Zach Randolph will get a chance to play with both of his Starters off the bench to gain chemistry with the team. This should have been done when Isiah Thomas was question several times this offseason about the David Lee for Artest trade by the Press.
But.... it seems Isiah Thomas dont want to give any Credit or publicity to the Performance of David Lee this past season with the team or for WINNING the Solphmore MVP. The only reason why David Lee is still a Knick is because of the Knicks Player RATINGS having put David Lee as the number one Top Knick-Fan-Favorite, to me that's what is actually keeping Isiah Thomas his JOB after 3 full seasons of only 89-WINS...

I partially agreed with you until this point in your post...I really don't see how words are going to improve Isiah's predicament with the media. Actions and results are the only way he can improve his image in the public eye. And again Lee being your favorite player is altering your image on how the team should be run. Bringing Lee and Balkman will provide the ultimate game changing punch to the other team. You want David Lee to get is PT but I think he'd take Ws over PT. And what are you talking about Isiah not publicly giving credit to David Lee?? Everybody knows that David Lee is one of Isiah's favorites...who cares if he says anything public...did he give Nate his props when he won the slam dunk contest publicly? Your hate for Isiah and love for david lee is so strong that I can feel the favoritism in your post. David Lee is a fan favorite but we have to get Ws...starting David Lee over Randolph not only dulls our punch off the bench with tempo but also our double low post tandem that Isiah has planned to use. Gotta look at the big picture instead of just players. Think of the team and what's best for the team instead of expressing your love and hate...just a thought

Ewings Knicks
Aug 21, 2007, 14:44
:afro:
[quote=8th seed;36006]
Your Hate of Crawford is overwhelming and king of disturbuing. Why do you speak of this man as if he's a bum. Jamal is a fine player who will continue to grow. I think 27 is about prime age for the N.B.A This entire tean has been in disarray for many year's due to trades, injuries, coach changes,giving away picks and horrible mangement. Jamal C has not been this team's down fall. He'll be fine with this team as starting SG. What do you mean Crawford can't fit in an NBA system? What has he been doing for all these year's. Give the dude a break.

Thats not understandable.

Crawford is a NBA veteran, he's 27 and has been in the league for over 6 years. He's the same player, who hasn't shown much progress, only bits of progress. His potential is limited, because he only excels when he plays freely. Crawford cannot fit in any NBA system, if he did, he would be average 23 ppg. Instead he's 17 ppg in 38 minutes. Nothing too impress at all.

Collins rebounds, passes, plays with poise(something very important since Curry is our main option. Crawford plays wreckless and forces the tempo too much, not good for Curry's production) , defends the perimeter, has the intangibles and fundamentals Crawford which he had. Collins does everything better than Crawford besides shoot. Crawford isn't even a good shooter with a 32% 3pt and 40% FG.

Crawford right now is a C+ player who's full potential is B-. Collins is a better all around player and a better player for our system, plus he's younger, has a cheaper contract. If anything, Collins has much more potential to improve his jumpshot which will open up his whole offense. Collins scored 15 ppg as a starter without a jumpshot. Crawford scores 17 ppg on chucking, carrying the ball, turnovers, some more chucking. So who has more potential? C rawford is already predictable. Collins gives you the total package and is a better compliment to Marbury than Crawford is.

Earning the SG spot for Collins will be a piece of cake. Crawford has the most slumps than any player on this team, he's by far the most inconsitant and ass player we have on this roster.

When Crawford utilizes his mid range game more and accually stops carrying the ball, I would love to keep him at SG. Because Crawford's best offensive weapon is the weapon he doesn't use enough; the mid range jumper(off the screen or off the dribble)

Everyone talks about Curry needing to lose weight, how about Crawford bulking up to 200 lbs? or being more physical on defense. Theres too many holes in Crawford's game to start him and expect winning basketball.