One More Week

Exactly one week from now the contracts of Fred Jones and Dan Dikau (and Zach Randolph too) can be moved, does this mean things will heat up as far as trade talks for us? Is this what Sac has been waiting for? is there another trade coming out of left feild like the Randolph trade? Well what I do know is that we are not a finshed product by no means. I agree that tampering with the roster too much only sets us back in someways, so I wouldnt be totally distraught if no trades are made, we have young players that I'd like to see develope namely Mardy Collins, Balkman, and Chandler so maybe bringing in a player who will take away from their developement isn't a wise move, you can argue that it has already been done to David Lee with the Randolph acqusition. I want Ron Artest on this team, but what does that mean for Chandler and Balkman? one will for certain be a backup at the SF but who rides the bench? naturally you can't bench Balkman for a rookie, but Wilson Chandler has shown some real skill so even if he spends time in the D league this season polishing his game, What do we do next season? Another question is, does IT really beleive he has a shot at Kobe? all the reports indicate that he "paying close attention to this situation and how it unfolds" but if the Lakers do move Kobe it won't be until before training camp if even that early, and the Knicks are 2 players over the roster limit so can we offord to wait that long for a possible long shot trade? We'll have to wait and see, maybe next Tuesday moring there are Knick rumors all over Hoops Hype, or maybe we just get a brief comment from manangement about how we are happy with roster we have, and they really are inticipating Dan and Fred to be apart of the team next season. All I know is I need something!.....By the way I when I go to MSG.com (They don't have the TV station where I live) is there anyway to watch Knick Fan Faves? Like I posted earlier this week I need some Knick action ASAP

Trin_Starr

Starter
you summed it up all - pretty much....isiah knows he can have artest with the expirings, nate and filler - but I think he's keeping a close on the kobe situation...he is afraid that by trading for Ron, he will have less pieces to get kobe if he does become available however remotely possible.
He and Magic are best buds and I think that if anything, he gets the inside scoop on exactly how volatile the situation is.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think Artest is a lock unless Isiah feels the Kobe trade has a decent chance of happening. If we trade for Artest I think Chandler should go so we can play Balkman. My gut feeling is DNick is the better of the two rookies and will mesh better with an Artest aquisition. His jumper should only get better and he has great size for the 2.

Josh

Rookie
I don't know...I think Artest is going into Florida to play in Miami. They could certainly use the support. We don't need to extra baggage Artest brings. We've already got enough.

jzero29

Rotation player
I agree but.

I don't know...I think Artest is going into Florida to play in Miami. They could certainly use the support. We don't need to extra baggage Artest brings. We've already got enough.
I agree, we've got enough baggage and i don't want to trade for him, but he is very talented on both sides of court, and his defensive intensity hopefully would be contagious. It's sorely needed. He would be a great addition to the defense, and if he made everyone, slightly better, every little improvement makes the team that much better. Besides we have to get ride of two more spaces, so we could sign Nichols.
The knicks took a chance on spree a while ago, and during his time here he was a model NBA player, can't say he didn't revert back after he left. So maybe Ron Ron, will get the right meds and be okay...maybe not, but NYers seems fixed on getting him.

I say we land both Kobe and Artest and go strait to the championship. How about Kobe,K.Brown for Crawford,Randolf,Dickau,Jones and Morris and Artest for Balkman,Nate and one of the JJ's and probably some draft picks in the mix for both trades. I think the money works for both trades and L.A. still needs a PG and they get plenty of pts. with Zack and Crawford as for Sac. they are going to lose Artest next year anyway so why not get some young talnt for him now.

Josh

Rookie
So maybe Ron Ron, will get the right meds and be okay...maybe not, but NYers seems fixed on getting him.

After the Brawl, and after Artest was traded to Sacremento, I remember him saying that he was going to turn over a new leaf...I guess beating his wife/girlfriend is considered "turning over a new leaf". I know he's talented and all, but he's got a Vernon Maxwell complex. Maxwell was a DAMN good three point shooter, but got in trouble left and right, and always promised to change, but never did.

Don't get me wrong, if we sign him, the Knicks will be a much better defensive squad. But there's all the extra controversial baggage that comes with him. And being in New York City makes it so much worse.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I mean really, whatever happens of the court happens. We can't control that. Artest is a good player. I think he will be a knick, and he will change for the better like Spree.

Artest IS the Perfect fit for us. I said this before.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I like Artest, but not at the cost of Balkman. I'd sooner lose David Lee or Nate Robinson. I like Jerome James to get hurt eating a burger so insurance will kick in and he's out of our hair.

I think that D. Lee is better then Balkman he has more size,he's ambadextrious, he's a better rebounder and I think he just makes the team mesh well when he's out there... Just needs a jumpper but so does Balkman. Balkman is a better defender but thats what we would got in Artest.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'm not going to say Balkman is better than Lee but sky is the limit for balkman...really can't say that for lee. You're always going to get a rugged rebounder/hustle type out of him. He might get a jumper though...

nyKnicks126

Balkman is a really good player young and is aggressive, but I still think D Lee got more in him, but I could be wrong.

Roco

Rookie
It's been a while since we've heard any rumors involving the knicks, but I expect that to pick up once we can deal our expirings together. If Artest lands in New York, I'd say that Nate and Jeffries at least would have to be included.

In terms of the Kobe situation, it seems nearly improbable that we'd get him, but there's that feeling that we have a shot at him when we talk about dealing for someone else. I personally feel that the Garden and Kobe are a perfect fit. He'll thrive under the pressure. We could wait it out and see if the situation in Minnesota with Garnett happens with the Lakers and Kobe, but we also have Miami to compete with if we were to look up Artest. I don't think we'd have to break our core apart too much (if not, at all) if we were to land Artest.

It's a tough situation.

I think we have a leg up on Miami in the Artest sweepstakes considering Artest wants to be in NY and Miami isnt offering all that much more than we are. I like Udonis, but our contracts,Nate and a first round pick looks better, plus with Artest and his agent lobbying for the move to NY then this makes it a even riskier move for Miami. Personally I wouldn't pull the trigger on this trade if I were Miami, giving up Udonis Haslem a David Lee type player for a player who one would rather be somewhere else, two who could opt out at the end of the season, and 3 who is going to miss the first month of the season is a high risk move. Ron would make both of these teams better but I think he makes a bigger impact with the Knicks and is a better fit, I think Ron would beleive it or not would be asked to be a leader with The Knicks but would be under Shaq and Dwayne wing in Mia. It just makes more sense for him to be in NY.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Balkman can actually defend nba players. Lee can't. Lee is mildly athletic, Balkman is an athletic freak. Lee sat out injured, Balkman went to summer league and was dominant. Balkman is younger with a better handle. Lee is well.....Anyone who says Lee is better than Balkman, says it with bias. Cause it's simply not the case. Artest is gonna take giving up one of these guys with Nate and the expiring contracts. So I guess Lee would be the guy who goes based on the fact that Balkman has more to offer, and has no nagging injury.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Ron Artest The Leader

WOW I DONT KNOW ABOUT ALL OF THAT BUT I DO BELIEVE ARTEST WOULD BECOME A SUPERSTAR ON THIS KNICKS TEAM. I ALSO BELIEVE IF WE GIVE UP LEE FOR ARTEST WE WOULD BE GETTING BACK EVERYTHING LEE IS AND MORE PLUS WE CAN PUT BALKMAN IN FOR ALL THOSE EXTRA HUSTLE POINTS. WITH ARTEST WE GO TO THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS NEXT YEAR AND WE TAKE IT ALL THE YEAR AFTER:gony:

nyKnicks126

Today is a week, and today is when the TR is off for Fred Jones, Dan Dickau, and Z Bo. Lets all see what happens! I am looking for Jones, and Dickau traded soon, but I think Sac. won't pull this trade off. NYC you are right Artest does give more and the same as D Lee, We will be a force I hope.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Balkman can actually defend nba players. Lee can't. Lee is mildly athletic, Balkman is an athletic freak. Lee sat out injured, Balkman went to summer league and was dominant. Balkman is younger with a better handle. Lee is well.....Anyone who says Lee is better than Balkman, says it with bias. Cause it's simply not the case. Artest is gonna take giving up one of these guys with Nate and the expiring contracts. So I guess Lee would be the guy who goes based on the fact that Balkman has more to offer, and has no nagging injury.

It's tough trading david lee because he kinda like the fan favorite but i do agree wit u

jzero29

Rotation player
not if he gets suspended agian.

I mean really, whatever happens of the court happens. We can't control that. Artest is a good player. I think he will be a knick, and he will change for the better like Spree.

Artest IS the Perfect fit for us. I said this before.
I agree that he is the perfect fit and that what happens off the court should stay off the court, but when it starts to effect your playing time on the court it is no longer just an off the court problem, Artest, happens to be the type of player whos' off court situations turn out to be suspensions, which would directly effect the knicks team, the team i root for. If his suspensions start costing knicks wins, then It would be a bad move. Me and other knick fans would rather not deal with that. It's one thing when you lose but tried your best and another if you weren't able to try your best, because you were suspended for being an out of control idiot again. That scenario, isn't guarenteed, he could, have a blemish free career as a KNICK, but there exists the possibility of more suspensions and more Loses for the knicks. I'd take a straight and narrow ron every day of the week, He's not straight and narrow, he's got issues, that effect his on court performance. (for instance how will he perform his first seven games...lets see i see zeros all around, as he watches the knicks or whoever on TV serving his suspension.)