This could mean something or nothing at all

Well it appears as if Pat Riley has shifted his sights to another defensive minded scoring forward (Pietrus out of GS). Does this mean that he no longer views Artest as obtainable? It appears to be a sighn and trade he's trying to work so it would be more stable than landing for Mia than landing Ron. It could be a coincidence that Riley started this pursuit of Peitrus (I know I'm spelling it wrong) right when the Knicks can start making trades using our expiring contracts, maybe Riley was doing his best do make an offer to Sac before that deadline passed? But whatever the case is, word has it that Pat got snubbed on his intial offer to GS but is going to make another offer soon, so for now it appears that Ron is no longer on their radar, and with them being the only other Eastern Conference that we know of (that's key) team gunning for Ron then maybe things just got a little bit more optimistic for us......or it could mean nothing at all!

honey230

Rookie
I think its a good sign for the Knicks. With Miami off the radar there aren't too many more teams that are willing to take a chance on coaching Artest. Plus we have more to offer SAC expiring contracts and some young players. I hope we get him!!!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
the heat have been considering pietrus for at least a month if memory serves, probably as an option for posey leaving. im not sure if they get him theyll stop pursuing artest, but maybe they wont have enough pieces then anyway.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Nice

:alert:ARTEST WANTS SO PLAY FOR NEW YORK I DONT THINK HE WILL EXTEND HIS CONTRACT WITH ANYONE ELSE SO EITHER WE GET HIM THIS YEAR OR NEXT YEAR FOR FREE EITHER WAY WE WILL GET HIM. :alert:

Trin_Starr

Starter
some more Artest news....nothing concrete though

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nba/blog/2007/08/ron_artest_in_nyc.html

Artest still hasn't asked the Kings to trade him, but he reiterated that he wouldn't be upset if he got traded to the Knicks. He did point out for the first time that he doesn't think a trade will happen this offseason because, "I don’t think anybody will give me up the way I’ve been working out this summer."

* He believes Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry will be able to co-exist in the paint the way he and Jermaine O'Neal did in Indiana. "If you double Zach, you’ve got Eddy down there and you can’t stop Eddy from dunking," Artest said. "Same thing with Zach."

* If the new-look Celtics play together, they're going to be "a monster," according to Artest. Agreed.

* Artest has spoken with Jamal Crawford, a former teammate of his with the Bulls, this summer, as well as Renaldo Balkman. "He's my boy," Artest said of Balkman. "I told him I wouldn’t trade myself for him."

metrocard

Legend
some more Artest news....nothing concrete though

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nba/blog/2007/08/ron_artest_in_nyc.html

Artest still hasn't asked the Kings to trade him, but he reiterated that he wouldn't be upset if he got traded to the Knicks. He did point out for the first time that he doesn't think a trade will happen this offseason because, "I don?t think anybody will give me up the way I?ve been working out this summer."

* He believes Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry will be able to co-exist in the paint the way he and Jermaine O'Neal did in Indiana. "If you double Zach, you?ve got Eddy down there and you can?t stop Eddy from dunking," Artest said. "Same thing with Zach."

* If the new-look Celtics play together, they're going to be "a monster," according to Artest. Agreed.

* Artest has spoken with Jamal Crawford, a former teammate of his with the Bulls, this summer, as well as Renaldo Balkman. "He's my boy," Artest said of Balkman. "I told him I wouldn?t trade myself for him."

Strong quote.

jzero29

Rotation player
Uhm with what salary cap space are we signing him for free?

:alert:ARTEST WANTS SO PLAY FOR NEW YORK I DONT THINK HE WILL EXTEND HIS CONTRACT WITH ANYONE ELSE SO EITHER WE GET HIM THIS YEAR OR NEXT YEAR FOR FREE EITHER WAY WE WILL GET HIM. :alert:
Uhm with what salary cap space are we signing him for free? We won't have any room under cap to sign artest, even if we didn't resign another player from now till then and even after the contracts of dickau and jones expire. Hmm, unrelated, but someone said you can't get anyone in a straight up signing anymore, they are all sign and trades, that only goes for max players, artest doesn't comand max money, right now, we could sign him probably for around 8-10millper if we were under the cap. If we get him, it will be a sign and trade next season, which will still mean, we owe sac-town something. Granted a draft pick will probably do it.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Lol I Know

LOL I KNOW I MENT THAT WE WONT HAVE TO GIVE UP A PROMISING PLAYER ON OUR TEAM FOR HIM BY THAT TIME WE WILL GET HIM FOR NEXT TO NOTHING :boohoo: