NBA 2k8

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Good game actually got better. The thing is I needed more time to get use to the game. Great graphics.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
What system did you get it for?

What do you mean the player ratings are poor? They're better than Live each year.

Give the game a chance. the CPU is hard to play, once you master the fundamentals of game and know how to actually run the PG position besides doing acardey Live offensive plays that would never happened in the NBA, you'll start having fun.

nyKnicks126

The other thing I dont get is the sliders. I put it on game speed.

I want it to be like a real game. I put the play time as 6 minutes. and I scored 70 pts with the knicks against the cavs which they had 50. in 24 minutes. In NBA the scores where in the 90s-100s on average. What do I do there to adjust real life scoring?

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
lol

How about make more shots and play less defense or speed the game up a lit more that always works out.

:thumbsup:

metrocard

Legend
The other thing I dont get is the sliders. I put it on game speed.

I want it to be like a real game. I put the play time as 6 minutes. and I scored 70 pts with the knicks against the cavs which they had 50. in 24 minutes. In NBA the scores where in the 90s-100s on average. What do I do there to adjust real life scoring?

Increase the difficulty and play 10-12 minute quarters?

I play 10-12 minute squaters on slow game speed.

fast game speed is too easy, on any basketball game.

You're LUCKY that you got for 360...I have it for Ps2, i didn't get all the new features you got. So enjoy the game.

nyKnicks126

Increase the difficulty and play 10-12 minute quarters?

I play 10-12 minute squaters on slow game speed.

fast game speed is too easy, on any basketball game.

You're LUCKY that you got for 360...I have it for Ps2, i didn't get all the new features you got. So enjoy the game.
Thanks I will enjoy the game. I am just going to try to get use to the game you know. LIVE got me back in the past.
8 min quarters
Good idea. Thats what I am going to do..

nyKnicks126

How do I dunk in this game, lol. I keep on doing lay ups..

Is there a control where I can do crazy pump fakes, and great drives in the game. Is there a control for that?

metrocard

Legend
How do I dunk in this game, lol. I keep on doing lay ups..

Is there a control where I can do crazy pump fakes, and great drives in the game. Is there a control for that?

turbo and use the shot stick. You have to be open though.

To pump fake, tap the shot stick button, but don't press it.

metrocard

Legend
I use the x control on the controller to shoot. and I am starting to like the game. Realistic.

I always trade for Durant

I traded Crawford, Richardson, Randolph for Durant, Wilcox and West. DURANT IS A BEAST. 22 ppg 8.5 rebs ...unstoppable one on one.

nyKnicks126

Thats a great trade.. The thing is Durant isn't making 11. something million a year theres no way. Rookies get a rookie contract for 4-5 in the top 3 picks.

I like doing Fantasy league.

But I didn't do that this time. I am 2-1 and Z Bo has 26.7 ppg. 11.0 Rebounds.

D Lee 9 ppg 15 rebounds.

metrocard

Legend
The new AI. If you have no basketball knowledge, except to get owned. You gotta know how to post up, do post moves, use the pick and roll, screens, give back plays. Dunking will not win you games anymore.

Each player now has a rating judging how good they are shooting off the dribble.

They don't have that in the ps2 version

"On defense, there has been one significant addition. Players now have the option to engage Lock-on D. Get in front of the ball handler and, if your player is a good enough defender, a target icon appears below the player. When you see it, hold the Left Trigger to initiate Lock-on D. You'll need to adjust your player to match the offensive player's moves, but the CPU will help guide you to keep you close. If you just stand there and do nothing, the other player can easily drive by you. But if you see the ball handler move to the right, move towards the right and your defender will be more likely to cut them off. With some skill, you can keep players from driving the lane and even ride a player out of bounds."

And the players and rosters aren't updated on the Ps2 version...the association mode is more limited.

So basically I bought the bootleg version of 2k8, which is still better than live.

nyKnicks126

I see. I do a lot of post ups when I get the ball down low to EC and Z Bo. Its crazy. I like this game now.