All-Star G Houston to announce comeback with Knicks

Cakalusa

Benchwarmer
Two-time All-Star guard Allan Houston will announce his comeback with the New York Knicks in the next 24 hours, according to a report Wednesday on New York radio station ESPN 1050.

According to the radio station, the 36-year-old Houston wants to return to the NBA because he did not leave by choice.

Houston retired in 2005 due to an arthritic left knee after not playing a full NBA season since 2002-03, when he averaged a career-high 22.5 points.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...Q5nYcB?slug=txknickshouston&prov=st&type=lgns

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The knicks dont have room for Houston. Im not happy about this, i dont hold nothing against Houston cuz of his big contract. He was one of my favorite players, I just dont think the knicks need him. I'd rather see Nichols get signed. At the same time, I'd rather see him in a knick uniform than a Nets uniform.

honey230

Rookie
The knicks dont have room for Houston. Im not happy about this, i dont hold nothing against Houston cuz of his big contract. He was one of my favorite players, I just dont think the knicks need him. I'd rather see Nichols get signed. At the same time, I'd rather see him in a knick uniform than a Nets uniform.

I agree with you. I'd rather see him as a Knick verses Net. The worst scenerio is for him to be Net and burn us with his shooting. That would be a sad day. But Knicks always make weird decisions. They signed Nichols cause he was the purest shooter to hit the draft in a long while. Yet they resign Houston~??~ Now a already bloated roster is fatter. Who is going to get cut? Also there are rumors of more trades to come. I need some stability. lol. But its seems there will be more changes to the roster. Hopefully good ones, like getting rid of sloppy James.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Although it is well documented that I am no Houston fan, this was a great move by upper management. This is good publicity for the Knicks and this move may very well save Isiah's job. The locker room needs leadership and Houston will get much respect from the young players. As long as they don't over pay him this move gets an B+ in my book.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Although it is well documented that I am no Houston fan, this was a great move by upper management. This is good publicity for the Knicks and this move may very well save Isiah's job. The locker room needs leadership and Houston will get much respect from the young players. As long as they don't over pay him this move gets an B+ in my book.

Big ups for the optimism. H20 has a shooting ability that everyone wishes that they had. He can walk in the league right now and shoot 45% from the field 37-40% from beyond the arc. That's what we need. Bump the youth...we need somebody who's going to knock down that big shot. I love Nichol's game....but H20 is better than Nichols...so Nichols has to go. If it was up to me Jerome James would be out on the street...

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Come on people

Houstan may be able to help us this year but what about after that nichols is good for this year and the future he has a nice move to the rack and the boy can shoot. He is gonna come back to haunt us seriously i think Zick should reconsider.

:gony:

TJ.

Rookie
It was a good signing for the Knicks who are in desperate need of an outside shooter. H20 has one of the sweetest jumpshots in the game which according to reports hasn't lost its touch. With the Knicks having such a good young core Houston will not only be helpful if he can hit those 3's, but he will also serve as a great teacher and mentor as these guys develop through the season. The only problem is the amount of players which the Knicks already have.

James will most likely be gone to make space for the huge roster the Knicks have. They shouldn't require his fatass services anyway when he have guys who can already fill into the Center position with Morris and Z-Bo and Lee being able to alternate if need be. Nichols will most likely get cut too. While he seems to be a good prospect, it isn't like he is going to be raking up a load of minutes while Crawford is on the squad, and in his current shape the only thing stopping Crawford from getting his minutes would be foul trouble. With Q-Rich's health constantly on the up and down Houston provides the Knicks with a decent outside threat which they desperately need.

Not only that, but hopefully this should shut up some of the Meathead fans who boo absolutely anything that the Knicks do.