the first of many

"That [eddy curry and Zach Randolph] combination alone would have made the Knicks contenders in the sad-sack East just about any other season, but it barely has rated them a mention since the Celtics shook up the conference by Garnett and Allen to their All-Star swingman Pierce this summer." - quote from ny post

tonight is the first game of what will be a great rivalry between the new york knickerbockers and the boston thunderstealers. the knicks need to destroy these guys.

the celtics have three veteran allstars and they also have some good young talent in rajon rondo, glen davis, and tony allen. eddie house and james posey will be asked to perform at a consistently high levels as major parts of their rotation.

the knicks have a much deeper team. this is what im hoping the roster will look like in november:

marbury, nate, mardy
crawford, fred jones, d nich
q rich, balkman, jared jeffries, wilson chandler
zach randolph, david lee, malik rose
eddy curry, randolph morris

but jerome james will prolly have d nich's spot so ... damn.

eddy curry and zach randolph in the post is good for 40 points and 19 rebounds. the knicks offense should score over 101 points per game. the starting 5 is stacked with offensive talent. david lee will help us get the 2nd chance points. we have an answer for everything. we have the dominating post game and we have the shooters. the 2nd unit could start in most NBA cities.

and the defense will get stops this year. isiah thomas is stressing defense. nate robinson is getting used to running fullcourt pressure through long stretches. fred jones is a great perimeter defender and hes gonna get major minutes. if he can knock down open shots he'll have a huge year with this offense. Balkman will return. Marbury was a much more active defender last year. Crawford gained 15 pounds so he cant get pushed around like he did last year. the knicks defense will be much improved.

i hope the beat them tonight and every other game by 20.

Last edited:
Good post. I'm just seriously hoping that they cut Jerome James, that dude seems to have ZERO work ethic. He just look lazy. Personally i'll take Fred Jones over Allan Houston, dude has been working his behind off. Where as with Houston, you never know when his knees are gonna give. Maybe he'll do well playing the role of "Michael Finley/Robert Horry." Hopefully we can keep them both if they cut James. And why is everybody on here lobbying for D. Nich when he is unproven? Shoot, even Kobe was bad in the playoffs, with all the lack of experience he had in his early years. He can go as far as I'm concerned.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The knicks might be one of the few teams that can (somewhat) match up with the celtics. Q-rich has proven he can do an above average job on pierce. Marbury proved he can guard Ray allen and I dont know about crawford guarding rondo cuz rondo is real fast. They cant match up with Garnett, but who can? Jared Jeffries would be one of the better options to put on Garnett cuz of his length. The Celtics might have the best starting 5 but the knicks bench will destroy the Celtics bench.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The knicks might be one of the few teams that can (somewhat) match up with the celtics. Q-rich has proven he can do an above average job on pierce. Marbury proved he can guard Ray allen and I dont know about crawford guarding rondo cuz rondo is real fast. They cant match up with Garnett, but who can? Jared Jeffries would be one of the better options to put on Garnett cuz of his length. The Celtics might have the best starting 5 but the knicks bench will destroy the Celtics bench.

That is cautious optimism. As much as I love the Knicks and want them to win, don't be surprised if the get the shit kicked out of them tonight. The only way the Knicks can stop the Celtics is to tire them out. Run Forest Run! Allen can score from any where on the floor and if you double him Pierce will kill you. The same for Garnett. This team is over rated but they could be a real problem. I've got league pass so I'm excited to see Eddie and Zach. Still we shouldn't get our hopes up high just yet.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
For those of you that dont know, the knicks are down by 15 at halftime. Crawford is gettin schooled by ray allen. They should switch it up and put pierce on allen, crawford on Rondo. Curry and Zach look good offensively but they aint playin good help defense. Its going to be a tough year in a tough eastern conference. The knicks have the offense, but they dont have the defense. Fuck it, give jeffries a chance. Put him on Garnett.

GetRealistic

Starter
Wow 86 to 54 with 5 min. to go. All i can say is thank god this game wasn't on TV because atleast without seeing the game i can stay optimistic. The one positive i saw from the boxscore was Zacks 12 rebounds thus far. Hopefully tomarrows televised game will be much better.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
101-61 um mommy?

now I know this is a preseason game n i didn't see any of it but there is no reason an NBA team should barley break 60 points in a game

bsz

Rookie
Unfortunately I saw the game.. it was not a good look...
They ALL looked awful.. from 1 to 19...

metrocard

Legend
That is cautious optimism. As much as I love the Knicks and want them to win, don't be surprised if the get the shit kicked out of them tonight. The only way the Knicks can stop the Celtics is to tire them out. Run Forest Run! Allen can score from any where on the floor and if you double him Pierce will kill you. The same for Garnett. This team is over rated but they could be a real problem. I've got league pass so I'm excited to see Eddie and Zach. Still we shouldn't get our hopes up high just yet.

In a span of 3-4 months, DonChris has became one of the most quality posters keeping everything neutral, real and unbiased post.

Looking at the box scorer, Curry went 2-6 with 5 fouls. Randolph went nut and missed the money shot 9 times, went 3-12. Thats not pretty, but its just preseason. A box score like that would make me vomit in the regular season.

A 40 point loss in any game, pre or regular season is abysmal. Seriously guys, who shows up to a competitive match of any sort and doesnt put forth the effort to at least lose by 20. 40 is way to high of a number to lose by, it doesnt even look like they put up an effort to win the game. I'm not the type to worry this early, but things aren't looking to favor the Knicks in this rivalry.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
What The Fuck Happend

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

WE GOT OUR ASS BEAT IM SO PISSED. I WAS SO OPTIMISTIC BUT NOW I SEE ONE OF THE TWO HAVE TO GO CURRY OR ZACK AND WE NEED LEE TO HOLD DOWN THE OTHER POSITION THIS IS EMBARACING AT LEAST GARNET DIDNT SCORE THAT MUCH OUR GUARDS NEED TO DO A MUCH BETTER JOB WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. IM SO EMBARACED NOW YOU KNOW WE ARE GONNA BE RANKED LAST PLACE OR SOMETHING.

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
It's just pre-season so I won't cry too much in regards to this game. I didn't see the game and can only go on the Box Score and what was written on ESPN.COM. My main gripe that I have is why not give the five people (Houston, Jones, D Nich, James, Rose) who I believe are the ones on the bubble most, more time to show what they have to offer, especially with the game being so far out of reach. No matter what Zeke says about Fred Jones, the fact still is the guy is on his fourth team in two years. He's a good defensive player, but he is certainly not a stopper, and if Carlise couldn't make him one, he's not going to become one under Zeke. He needs to play more in games to get a honest assessment of what he has to offer. The same goes for Houston. Yea maybe he's here just for show, just as a PR stunt, or maybe he is there to make the team as something Dolan wants done, whatever the case, the guy hasn't played in 2 years, put the guy on the floor for more than 6 minutes and see how he can move in a regular Nba game against non-practice competition. See how fluid his jump shot is after running up the court a few times guarding Ray Allen or whoever. As for D Nich, I really believe he should have took the Europe trip for a year and have his place solidified with the Knicks when he came back, with that said, the guy put a lot out there by refusing to go, he showed he has belief in his skills and confidence is always a great thing to have. Play the man more minutes. After all that, he should at least be given the chance to prove that he actually has what it takes, or have the league show him that he doesn't and should have taken that trip to Europe. Practice is good, but nothing equates to real game experience.
Malik Rose I know has already shown what his worth on the team is. His minutes are always on point when he gets into the game.his veteran leadership is also priceless. However with a new corp of frontline guys on the team, he has to, in my opinion prove again that he is worth staying on the team @ the expense of one of our young guys.
Jerome James he should be cut, thrown out the door right now, but since that is not going to happen, give the guy rope to hang himself. Play that motehrfukcer to the point where he regrets ever saying that he's okay to play now. This guy has proven to be one of the worst pick ups in Knicks history.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
ight im gonnna try to be optimistic

40 points is a whole lot we got shut down and beat at everything we tried to dol Isiah wont play Fred anymore because he already looked good for the cameras so he dont want him to stink it up or get his ass beat by real guards to show that he isnt that great of a defender. Nichols unfortunatly its over for his career with the Nicks zeke wont even play him. Your right about Malik Rose and Houston but i dont know maybe he thought we would rally back like we did last year. Im trying to find out why Isiah didnt sit Zach sooner he was stinking it up in the first quarter thats what lee is for. if one of the bigs isnt on point sit there ass down and let Lee do all the dirty work until you get it back together. This game was so sad i dont know what to say about it

:barf::gony:

pat

Starter
Jerome James he should be cut, thrown out the door right now, but since that is not going to happen, give the guy rope to hang himself. Play that motehrfukcer to the point where he regrets ever saying that he's okay to play now. This guy has proven to be one of the worst pick ups in Knicks history.

I can't take this anymore! Jerome James is just ONE player! We all know that it was a mistake to sign him. But still you don't lose by 40 (!!!!!!!) points because of Jerome James. There is something fundamentally wrong. Almost every NBA team has some garbage on the bench that they picked up somehow.

I am really wondering what you are going to complain about once Jerome James is gone since he has been such a good scapegoat.

The problem really is that there is no chemistry between the individual positions. The backcourt is designed for run and gun while the frontcourt can only play setplay. The bench players do not in the least match the style of there counterparts in the starting five. There is no continuity once the bench gets playing time (which sometimes is good). However, there you have the same problem: How on earth can Malik Rose and Nate Robinson mesh?

Nah, don't blame this on Jerome James. It is indeed annoying to have him on the team but he is not responsible for this performance. He didn't even play!

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
He is one player who's taking a roster spot away from a better player, a player that Could actually assist the Knicks during the season. I'm not blaming Jerome James on the loss, as I stated when I started my post, I'm not going to complain too much about the game, its just the pre-season. I'm saying because of the blow out those are players who should have played since those five I believe are fighting for the last few spots on the team.