I'm Scared...When will it be our time

Blumatic

Rotation player
I don't know guys. We go through this every year. Happy October, Anxious November, Miserable December, Hopeful January, Forgettable Feburary and March, and a Discarded April.

During the summer and camp there is all this hope and optimism. But it's real easy to be happy with an 0-0 record. "Hey, at least we're not losing".

When there is worry early in the season people say: "It's Early", "Need time to gel", "Give such and such person a chance".

But I see no sign what so ever of promising season. None. Past 2 games Knicks look lost. I can deal with mistakes early in the game. I cannot deal with cluelessness. Pre-season shouldnt be judged but it can indicate what kind of season we will have, when it comes to the Knicks.

I'm really scared guys. Will it ever be our year. Will the knicks ever be praised instead of laughed at.

I thought the the Kobe and Shaq stuff was bad, I wish I had that now.

When you go through 6 losing season and nothing but drama in the front office, you need a sign, any kind. I see none.

Thoughts?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Couldn't agree more with you. I don't think the Z Bo and EC thing will ever work out. It was a Steve Francis and Marbury combo type of thing. I think we need a significant leader on the team, Keep the young guys, and for once I will admit something that I was afraid to say. Despite Stephon Marbury being a good guy he has been a cancer everywhere he has been in Phoenix, NJ, Minnesota, he has made it to the second round of the playoffs only twice thanks to the help of KG too in the T'Wolves, and the help of Matrix in Phoenix. Look what happened to the Nets after the trade with J Kidd and Marbury the Nets got better, also look at Phoenix just by adding Nash they are a championship team. I am just saying what I believe I dont want to be labeled as a Starbury hater, but I have reasons to be upset.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
As long as Curry, Randolph, and Crawford are gettin big minutes there is no optimism in the Knicks future. The east is gonna be tight. Philly is the worst team in the east. Chicago, Detroit, and Boston will probably get the top 3 spots. From 4 to 14, anything can happen. I had higher expectations for the Knicks until I saw how bad Crawford still looked defensively against Ray Allen and Vince Carter, 2 teams who are also in the Atlantic division. I now predict the Knicks will finish somewhere between the 7th spot and the 14th spot. Before I was saying from 4th to 8th, but I realize that they don't have the defense to be that good. If the Knicks do make the playoffs, it will be a first round exit. I'm sorry I cant be optimistic for you, I'm just tellin it the way I see it. I was watching the first quarter of the Celtics and Nets game tonight. No Kidd, Jefferson, or Carter for the Nets, but they still looked much better defensivley then the Knicks. I saw Darrel Armstrong, who is a 41 year old point guard aggressively steal the ball from one of the celtic guards and I thought to myself.....why can't Crawford do that? I as a fan of Boxing, baseball, and basketball greatly appreciate great defense. Pernell Whitaker is one of my favorite boxers ever because he was too fast for anyone to hit him. He'd make his opponents look stupid. In baseball, I love seeing a guy make a great catch or a pitcher dominate a game. Marcus camby was my favorite Knick becuase he was an excellent defeneder. I liked Kurt Thomas a lot too. I will always be a Knick fan but its tough sometimes watching a team that is probably the worst team in the league defensively. If Balkmen was just a couple inches taller he could be our power forward and Zach could go back to Portland. Unfortunatley, all we can do is dream.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I've said it before and I will say it again; as long as Isiah is the GM and/or the coach this team will NEVER go anywhere. He is clueless on how to put together a team!! I like the Randolph trade simply because we got him for Steve Frances and Frye but being the personality of the Knicks, he is the last player they needed. Since we have him, why not use Curry for a key trade!?!?! Randolph and Curry are carbon copies of each other so go out and get 1 or 2 much needed players for him. Curry has potential but he makes really bad mistakes (turn over prone) and he just doesn't play D. Right now Curry has value and might yield some key position players for the Knicks. If QR is healthy than they should also shop Crawford as well!

metrocard

Legend
People are very much underrating the East. We're entering a new era where Spurs/Miami/Pistons are heading down hill (Aging)...and where young teams like Golden Staten, Orlando, Chicago, Alanta, and Toronto are improving.

As for us.

I say the solution would be termination. When you're in a company, or w/e, you terminate the weak employees who set the company back.

Weak employees
Isiah Thomas
Eddy Curry

If Dolan steps down, that would be great. We seriously need new management, and just a new mentality and direction. People who want Isiah to stay are mad, and totally against the Knicks organization. Isiah is just a media puppet for Dolan; Layden didn't know how to make excuses so Dolan dropped him. Isiah happens to be the king of excuses and bullshit. Don't be fooled, Isiah is an okay drafter, great scout, the worst GM in the NBA and a C level coach. Only position he deserves in the NBA is scouting, nothing else(unless you love 30 win seasons).

hometheaterguy, good to see you back.

Whatever that was said by me in the summer, Isiahsexuals didn't understand it. They will totally grasp what I said in 2-3 months, now they're getting a taste of it. I just don't like it, I really don't. I don't like going into a season KNOWING my team has a major weakness in post defense and will give up a lot of points in the paint.

I also don't like the fact we won't have a lot of ball movement because Randolph and Eddy Curry are isolation players. People were foolish enough to believe we would average over 100 ppg because we added Randolph. Its not addition fools; what did you do? Add 22 ppg(Zach's avg) to our team avg of 97 ppg, and estimated we would average 119 points per game? Thats not how it works in reality...our offense isn't precise and won't be efficient with Curry and Randolph being the main focus. These players prefer a slow tempo. Thats a PROBLEM. We have an awful defense and on offense our two biggest scorers score the ball best when they're in a slow tempo isolation half court one on one situation.

This is why I prefer Lee over both of these guys. Lee can play in any tempo, CHANGE the tempo, and just have a bigger overall impact. The time is now, we need to stop bullshitting and change the direction of the franchise. I'm saying this every year, its really depressing to accept.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Metrocard, thanks for the welcome back! I haven't posted in a while just because there was nothing new to talk about with the Knicks; it's the sane ol' story again and again. The knicks will be a team that will stand around, with no ball movement and hoisting up a long range shot or throw up a long range shot right away. This team just does not know how to set up an offense and they do not play any D what so ever! I think it is time to make some changes but that causes another issue, the guy who would make the trade (Isiah) has proven that he can not make ket trades so if he orchestrates change, we would again have the same team with different players. We need to ice Isiah and bring in a GM and a coach that understands the word team. A GM that knows how to create fluidity and cohesiveness within his scheme.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah, unless our defense gets resurrected, theres little chance of making the playoffs, much less winning a series. i think that and chemistry yet again will be our downfall, unless they can get inspired to play d and team ball, but we havent seen many inclinations of that.